Scrimmage Updates/Post Scrimmage report livestream

View as article
What competition! Ur either drunk or still sleep
How did Chaney look physically? I know Ajay had a big day, but from a recovery standpoint, did Chaney look like the back we hope/pray?
IMO .. No .. and he didn’t look great physically got up couple times gimpy .. doesn’t look as explosive which is understandable. Still think can help though and hoping he continues to recover & progress to that form fingers crossed

Advertisement
I’m going to provide this caution…. the updates in this thread are great, but if this were a game thread, it would include more of the bad plays.

Ex: first drive where TVD threw the incredible sideline pass - 2 offensive penalties and what would have been at least one sack…

Don’t overreact and buy the Kool Aid funnel and also don’t smash your glass either
But sir, this is the internet

I haven’t seen Chris Johnson’s name once in practice or scrimmage reports. Is he playing? Did I miss something
Cristobal said he got banged up couple days ago and of course none of the reporters followed up with any questions as to what type of injury however vague answer maybe and/or how severe.. Saw him standing with no clear indication of injury on sideline so hopefully nothing too crazy..

Advertisement
How did Chaney look physically? I know Ajay had a big day, but from a recovery standpoint, did Chaney look like the back we hope/pray?
He was full go and contact so that is positive but he played at the end of last season so just hope he can conitinue to stack days..

Ajay looks like a difference maker tho.. Really set the bar high for the rest of rb, he gonna snatch somebody food..

Advertisement
Nothing is wrong per se, it's just he hasn't proven anything as of yet to not try to improve the room. Bring in one of those former 5* QBs from the portal to compete with him.
There is one thing wrong with Emory. He wasn’t a 5 star recruit. Had he been, we would be reading posts today about how people can’t wait for him to take over next season. Instead, there is an assumption that because of his recruiting ranking, there must be something “lesser” about him such that we see him as someone we might “have to” accept while not being sure we “want to” accept him.

For those who feel this way I feel bad for you because someone other than you is making up your mind about the quality of player.

Come on 🐐! Give my dawg Chaney a break. He’s been hurt

Not only that but the OL Chaney ran behind was bottom quartile ACC so yeah, they have changed the OL between RBs.

LCE is the man, has a brain with more data than ChatGPT’s large language model when it comes to football. But this is a Yearby c Cook analogy IMHO. And Chaney is not Yearby.

Advertisement
Most of everything has been said already but I will add taking into account its first scrimmage but the operational stuff seemed sloppy and ALOT of penalties, much more than spring game.. Also QBs were sacked alot and there were sacks not called also, TVD seems to hold onto ball a little too long and I know he wont get hit in practice but seems like it could set a long clock in head that wont be there game time.. ALL the qbs seem to do this also, I just think the internal clock when you know you wont get hit is wayyyy different than in true game situation.. Something to keep in mind..

Ajay Allen kid is coming in to eat off someone plate, great contact balance, makes the most out of his opportunities and seemed to always make that one guy he has to account for miss, something a couple other backs didnt do, good vision and good burst. He looked like the starter out there. Unassuming type back until he got his chance..

I wonder which corners gonna step up, they are gonna be left on islands alot, they better be ready..

Watching Bain lineup against Cohen was awesome, some really good reps and when they stunted and Cohen picked up the end, just stoned him.. Cohen is really good at that type of stuff even from the games I watched of him last year.. Iron sharpen Iron type battle..

Jacurri seem to have regressed, like he doesnt really know where to go with the ball or anything. He couldnt even flash on anything, I think he did before but he seemed lost. All his throws seemed off.

#21 safety drop a little hammer on someone..

Markeith seem like a year away from strength training pov, kinda remind of merriweather in that regard where we throw the 180 lb safety on field and know we gonna have to live with him being that last line of defense, Fletcher gave him that work kinda like Quincy Wilson gave a young Merriweather..

Advertisement
There is one thing wrong with Emory. He wasn’t a 5 star recruit. Had he been, we would be reading posts today about how people can’t wait for him to take over next season. Instead, there is an assumption that because of his recruiting ranking, there must be something “lesser” about him such that we see him as someone we might “have to” accept while not being sure we “want to” accept him.

For those who feel this way I feel bad for you because someone other than you is making up your mind about the quality of player.
A tale as old as time

Most of everything has been said already but I will add taking into account its first scrimmage but the operational stuff seemed sloppy and ALOT of penalties, much more than spring game.. Also QBs were sacked alot and there were sacks not called also, TVD seems to hold onto ball a little too long and I know he wont get hit in practice but seems like it could set a long clock in head that wont be there game time.. ALL the qbs seem to do this also, I just think the internal clock when you know you wont get hit is wayyyy different than in true game situation.. Something to keep in mind..

Wasn’t there today but felt this way during the spring game. It’s a huge concern for me. Dawson has to do a better job with their internal clocks.

Advertisement
Back