Scrimmage two defensive stats

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Mark Richt read out stats from Wednesday night's scrimmage to the media. Here are the defensive numbers.

Jermaine Grace – 5 tackles, 1 sack

Al-quadin Muhammad – 2 tackles

Chad Thomas – 2 tackles

Shaquille Quarterman – 3 tackles

Jamie Gordinier – 1 tackle

JaQuan Johnson – 3 tackles, 1 sack, PBU

Gerald Willis – 5 tackles, 2 sacks

Romeo Finley – 4 tackles, PBU

Mike Smith - 2 tackles

Terry McCray - 1 tackle

Mike Jackson – 5 tackles, PBU

Corn Elder – 1 tackle, 1 INT

Rayshawn Jenkins – 1 tackle, PBU

Jamal Carter – 1 tackle, PBU

Demetrius Jackson - 2 tackles, 1 sack

Joseph Jackson - 2 tackles, PBU

Courtel Jenkins - 1 tackle

Anthony Moten - 1 tackle, PBU

Jeff James - 2 tackles, PBU

Adrian Colbert - 2 tackles, 2 PBU

Terrence Henley - 1 tackle

Sheldrick Redwine - 1 tackle

Malek Young - 2 PBU

Advertisement
Where did the "9-sacks" that had everyone was ****ting their pants come from?

I see only 5...

Advertisement
Where did the "9-sacks" that had everyone was ****ting their pants come from?

I see only 5...

That was the first scrimmage. And those predominantly were from the first team defense going against the second team OL

Is Willis still running with the 2s? If so, his 5 tackles and 2 sacks against the 1s is eye-opening. Where are they lining him up now? Is he tacking snaps away from Chad or are they pulling a true DT on pass plays and stacking him inside?

p.s., What's up with Trent? I keep hearing that Harris is playing well, but don't even see his name up there.

Advertisement
Is Willis still running with the 2s? If so, his 5 tackles and 2 sacks against the 1s is eye-opening. Where are they lining him up now? Is he tacking snaps away from Chad or are they pulling a true DT on pass plays and stacking him inside?

p.s., What's up with Trent? I keep hearing that Harris is playing well, but don't even see his name up there.

Yes he's technically with the 2's. But the better way to look at it is that the DLine, especially DT's are going to be rotating in and out throughout the game, so you can still consider him a starter the same way you can consider a nickel cb a starter. He's lining up at DT. No, he's not taking snaps away from Chad. Chad is playing DE, and if he gets snaps taken away in place of other players it's because he lost them with his play. Trent Harris is the guy that is not quite athletic but technically does basically what the coaches want, and is where he is supposed to be. He will make some good plays this year, but don't expect anything crazy.

Advertisement
This was a scrimmage, not a full game, so the opportunities to make tackles, int's and pbu's will be limited, especially if the plays are to the opposite side when you're in. Just because a guy doesn't have significant stats, doesn't mean he didn't play his *** off.

Love staff keeping commits (Frierson) on campus. Maintains commitment and makes him (them) familiar with their practice process.

Advertisement
Back