Scrimmage tonight?

Diaz's whole tackling philosophy is rugby style. You are clueless.

This is the last time I'll engage with you, simply because you're embarrassing yourself at this point and I feel bad. There is a difference between what goes on with quarterbacks in the pocket and what skill position players are doing everywhere else.

Best of luck to you.

Advertisement
Didn't know Tua and Trevor was in a QB competition
The staff has made a decision, but wants to ensure quarterbacks remain competitive. The question you must face is facts: experience, and ability to use all of the playmakers running Enos system. Why did Bama choose Tua over Hurst...not because he can run?

Clearly you have never been around college or pro football. Running "thud" in the pocket w/QBs is never used as it's dangerous and irresponsible at all levels. The coaches will spend half the practice yelling at the defense and we'll end up with QBs being injured.

QBs are absolutely never put in those positions. They're either live or no-touch. Absolutely never in-between.

But good try, good effort.

Buddy you are factually incorrect. USC was live in its August 2018 scrimmage where true freshman JT Daniels won a 3 way QB battle.

Buddy you are factually incorrect. USC was live in its August 2018 scrimmage where true freshman JT Daniels won a 3 way QB battle.

Did I miss something where they said he was live to be hit? A live scrimmage only means 11 v. 11 in full pads simulating a game. That doesn't mean quarterbacks are "live" to be hit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Did I miss something where they said he was live to be hit? A live scrimmage only means 11 v. 11 in full pads simulating a game. That doesn't mean quarterbacks are "live" to be hit.

I agree that we shouldn't do it and I don't think it makes sense. But I think they were live because the coach said it was like an NFL Preseason game and live bullets were flying.

I agree that we shouldn't do it and I don't think it makes sense. But I think they were live because the coach said it was like an NFL Preseason game and live bullets were flying.

Nah. Using critical thinking look at two key parts:

1. The 3 QBs in their first scrimmage where offenses are always behind the defenses their stats were: 10-12, 7-10 and 9-14. That's the first red flag letting you know they weren't live.

2. Helton goes on to say that they have two more of these "live" preseason games before the start of the season. So if the quarterbacks were actually live and he's got two more of these "preseason" scrimmages then he would have the QBs being hit 1 or 2 weeks out from the first game, which would be insanity. Helton is terrible, but he can't be that dumb.

Nah. Using critical thinking look at two key parts:

1. The 3 QBs in their first scrimmage where offenses are always behind the defenses their stats were: 10-12, 7-10 and 9-14. That's the first red flag letting you know they weren't live.

2. Helton goes on to say that they have two more of these "live" preseason games before the start of the season. So if the quarterbacks were actually live and he's got two more of these "preseason" scrimmages then he would have the QBs being hit 1 or 2 weeks out from the first game, which would be insanity. Helton is terrible, but he can't be that dumb.

Makes sense to me.

Advertisement
I hope the new school canes OR NMD or junior and the big dog or the holsum one or cam underwood and mark rodgers or Alonzo 1219 have some exclusive insight about today’s scrimmage posted on. YouTube tonight I gotta have it! 💉🙏

Tates talent is scrambling, playing touch football doesn't demonstrate how effective he might be. Handicaps him in the competition. I'd think once they put the ball under their arm, let it be full blown football.
So the offense will be determined by Martell running because he struggling throwing to elite WRs with no pressure...right! Why recruit receivers? Just let Martell scramble us to wins. Smh

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jeff’s 2019 Scrimmage 1 Stat Predictions:

QB: (pecking order applies)
Martell 13/21 125 1td 1 int 45 rush 1 rush td
Perry 9/19 171 2 tds 1 int
Williams 8/20 90 1 td 1 int

RB:
Dallas: 12 att 87 yds 1 td
Cam: 14 att 101 yds
Lorenzo: 7 att 90 yds 2 tds
Burns: 5 att 25 yds

WR:
Osborn: 9 115 1td
Thomas: 6 77 / rushing: 2 att 34 yds
Pope: 4 45 2 tds / rushing 1 att 10 yds
Wiggins: 5 55
Harley: 2 25 / 1 rush 25 yds
Njoku: 1 8
Peyton: 5 70
Mallory: 7 85 1 td
Jordan: 4 20

Not sure if yardage adds up.. cut me some slack😂

Defensive highlights:
Rosseau 3 sacks
Garvin 2 sacks
Hill 1 Sack
Harvey 2 sacks
Patchan 1 sack
Bandy 1 INT
Romeo 1 INT
Couch 1 INT
K. Smith 1 FF

I thought for a minute this one might pick up where the Great RPO Debate of 2019 left off, but nah.

There really is no fan base quit like this one.

Advertisement
Back