Scrimmage Notes

Advertisement
This is great work.
Hey You Movie GIF by Bad Boys For Life

Dam UHellth got fletcher?! Might be 2026 when we can think about seeing him I guess.. When did he originally get injured? Meaningless bowl game??

Rumor has it he was in a late night one on one workout with Felder. Felder's voice could be heard outside the building yelling "keep going, keep going!"

Lisfranc injuries are no joke, and the timing of him getting hurt at end of season was bad for this season
Very true but Lisfranc are usually followed by a full recovery. However it won't be until the 2025 that he gets back to truly being himself most likely. Yet you never know. Genetics and all that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cam Ward - made some nice throws. Good feet in the pocket. Missed on a couple deep shots, but hit one really nice one on a deep post

Reese - very quick decisions. Made some nice plays. Was better that Emory today IMO

Emory - his ball was a little erratic today. Comes out of his hand funny sometimes

Jacurri- his ball placement is not great. Threw behind on a TE crosser and then in the ground on another.

Chris Johnson and CWH are both fast, but need to add muscle to their frames.

Citizen is built different. Banged his hand or finger up early in practice but came back. Definitely runs hard and can move the pile. Didn't get a chance to see him open up much.

Lofton stole the show at RB, patient in the hole and then explodes. I saw him with two huge runs. Seems very natural at back.

Either Horton or Trader had a beautiful post from Ward. X is unreal in the slot. Ray Ray and Washington both made some nice plays. Arroyo had some nice plays. Very athletic running routes.

OLine looked pretty good. Have a few undersized players on 2nd and 3rd that we need to recruit over. Samson was starting at LG.

D-Line was very active. Bain was back in and looked good. Lightfoot is very fast, but needs to add some weight. McConathy made some plays. He'll be a good one in a couple years. Wayne looked good as well. Alston wasn't in but looks very well built for a stand up Edge.

LB's look so much better than a couple years ago. Have size and athleticism. Pulliam had a pick 6 off Jacurri, Bissainthe was lined up all over the place. Washington blew up a RB and made a couple of plays in coverage. Pruitt needs to add some more weight but is very instinctual.

DB's played pretty well from what I saw. The D was winning the scrimmage portion for the first 3/4 drives. Reese came in and moved them down the field but inside the 5 Zaquan blew up the RB and caused a fumble the D recovered. Cam led a drive that was mostly Lofton running it, but made a few plays.

Overall the team was going hard. I didn't see any real injuries but I had to leave with about 5mins left. The 2 deep looks very good. Ward will make the O dangerous. Need a little more depth in the secondary, but those boys were playing pretty well today.
Mucho thanks!!

Advertisement
Very true but Lisfranc are usually followed by a full recovery. However it won't be until the 2025 that he gets back to truly being himself most likely. Yet you never know. Genetics and all that.
They do heal, but they take forever. I posted about this at the time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back