Scrimmage highlights

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know Pope gets blasted on this site and will continue to, as deserved. He’s been dreadful. But idk, I think the staff is really gonna have a hard time quitting him because he HAS talent. He gets open. He runs good routes. He just can’t catch. And yeah, that’s the majority of the equation, of course. I don’t care how great you are at the other things, if you can’t catch, you can’t play. But it’s gotta be so frustrating for the staff because it’s so much easier to give up on a kid who doesn’t have the talent to make the plays. Who can’t run, who doesn’t have body control, who can’t get in and out of breaks. Pope has all that. I would bet my life that Likens and Lashlee sit in meetings and watch practice film and say things like, “Jesus Christ if we can just get this kid the confidence and ability to catch the football he can be a real weapon.”

I know he can. But doing it is a whole different story. Moral of all this is just to say, I think he’s absolutely gonna get another shot to prove he can or can’t get the job done. Don’t freak out when you see him probably starting against Bama. But you have to think the leash is extremely short now. We’ll see.

I know Pope gets blasted on this site and will continue to, as deserved. He’s been dreadful. But idk, I think the staff is really gonna have a hard time quitting him because he HAS talent. He gets open. He runs good routes. He just can’t catch. And yeah, that’s the majority of the equation, of course. I don’t care how great you are at the other things, if you can’t catch, you can’t play. But it’s gotta be so frustrating for the staff because it’s so much easier to give up on a kid who doesn’t have the talent to make the plays. Who can’t run, who doesn’t have body control, who can’t get in and out of breaks. Pope has all that. I would bet my life that Likens and Lashlee sit in meetings and watch practice film and say things like, “Jesus Christ if we can just get this kid the confidence and ability to catch the football he can be a real weapon.”

I know he can. But doing it is a whole different story. Moral of all this is just to say, I think he’s absolutely gonna get another shot to prove he can or can’t get the job done. Don’t freak out when you see him probably starting against Bama. But you have to think the leash is extremely short now. We’ll see.
He’ll definitely get a chance to show he can play at a high level, but his leash has to be short. Way too many young guys who need to be given chances

Man, I really hope Lashlee figures out that Knighton ain't an OZ type runner. I know you gotta call it because you can't leave an obvious pattern to play call like that but shoot, this kid ain't a one cut type, he's a space type player, that's why IZ works way better for him, open and blast he's gone.
With OZ you're on a rail as a tail and you pick your hole if it comes pen if it doesn't take the edge. Literally, like OZ with any other back haha
That's not his style, he can make a guy miss in the hole in IZ or on a toss.
I'm a huge fan of Knighton, that guy is lighting, I'm an even bigger fan of the Don, but know what you got and Hickson, you gotta be in your OCs ear and let him know that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back