Scrimmage and other crap

Advertisement
*anything besides kickoff team

Frierson is a proven capable player there and has made more plays in 1 season than Carter his whole career. It’s not the time for us to overthink this. Play the guy who has actually had success there for an extended period of time and is a veteran.
Frierson can't play 65-70 plays a game. Someone is gonna have play some snaps in that spot not named Frierson. With Keontra at LB. That leaves Chase Smith or Carter. It appears Smith who will probably grow into a LB anyway hasn't done enough to take that backup job.

www.MiamiHurricanes.com would have taken less time to type…
Actually, it is a practice that many on this board have adopted. This was not the first time that I have complained about it. If I am away from my computer and using my phone, it is much more difficult for me to switch to another tab or page and look for a roster. So, the time I spend complaining about it is dwarfed by the annoyance and aggravation of having to research other stuff so I can understand a post.

At best, I watch the games using a tablet or phone. I don't have cable or even home internet. So, I watch the games on a small screen and probably don't always notice the numbers. People that identify players only by numbers probably see more of the team, either at games, practices, or whatever.
Too late , my feelings are hurt
I'm truly sorry I hurt your feelings. I know that the work you do on this board is non pareil. Just your contribution alone increases the quality of this board by perhaps 50%. Most of what I do is just wise-*** commenting because I have so little substance, other than what I can recall historically. The x's and o's have shot right past me. There are some real geniuses here like Lance and others. I used to spend a lot of time pumping my friends in the Miami area for recruiting scoops. Now, I don't bother. Eventually, it will all come out, perhaps from you.

I remember back in the '80's Art Kehoe was a guy who used to talk a lot to people I knew. Other friends used t spend time at the Hecht Center and could easily talk to coaches or were visiting the recruiting office. They could look at "the board" and see who they were targeting.

I'll never forget the late afternoon I called a friend in Miami to get the latest recruiting news and my friend starts reading a non-public list and I was stunned....Here was the list as I remember it thirty some years later: Miller, Golloher, Hamlet, Searcy...." I don't remember any others. Now, I was subscribing to and reading every recruiting publication. They were all in paper and sent by US Mail. I had not heard of a single one of these guys. I was shocked! I was thinking, who the **** were we recruiting? The only one of the four names who turned out not to be a significant player was Marty Golloher. Anthony Hamlet and Eric Miller were solid starters on a 1991 championship team. Leon Searcy was a future All-Pro. But none of these guys could be found on my national lists (Emfinger, Lemming, G&W, SuperPrep, and so on.)

So, I just relax a bit and figure the coaches are doing their job....at least that was the thought until maybe the last 15 or so years.

Now, our recruiting info is as good as you can find anywhere, and I suspect it reflects the coaching evaluations.

So, who are 12, 53 and 33?

Oh, excuse me. I guess I should go look it up. Sorry, I don't remember the numbers since I have so much other stuff I have to remember.

I'm sorry if you don't like my reaction, but we don't all have jersey numbers committed to memory. It would be more considerate to post names.

Otherwise, thank you for your reports. I used to get all kinds of insider info from friends who had free run of Hecht and the coaches back in the day. Some of those friends are gone. Not everybody lives forever...in fact, nobody does.

If any of you don't like my minor complaint, really a suggestion, that not every reader who is interested in what anyone has to say can remember jersey numbers. I don't spend hours each day poring over rosters like I used to do when I was a teenager. In the'60's, I knew every number, every town that every UM player came from (mostly steelworking and coal mining communities in western Pennsylvania) their height, weight, year, etc.

Not now.
Ninjah you took all this time to write out this bytch ahs rant when you could’ve just google Miami Hurricanes football roster!! You want him to **** for you after you eat too?! Just be happy for some info dawg! 🤦🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Actually, it is a practice that many on this board have adopted. This was not the first time that I have complained about it. If I am away from my computer and using my phone, it is much more difficult for me to switch to another tab or page and look for a roster. So, the time I spend complaining about it is dwarfed by the annoyance and aggravation of having to research other stuff so I can understand a post.

At best, I watch the games using a tablet or phone. I don't have cable or even home internet. So, I watch the games on a small screen and probably don't always notice the numbers. People that identify players only by numbers probably see more of the team, either at games, practices, or whatever.

I'm truly sorry I hurt your feelings. I know that the work you do on this board is non pareil. Just your contribution alone increases the quality of this board by perhaps 50%. Most of what I do is just wise-*** commenting because I have so little substance, other than what I can recall historically. The x's and o's have shot right past me. There are some real geniuses here like Lance and others. I used to spend a lot of time pumping my friends in the Miami area for recruiting scoops. Now, I don't bother. Eventually, it will all come out, perhaps from you.

I remember back in the '80's Art Kehoe was a guy who used to talk a lot to people I knew. Other friends used t spend time at the Hecht Center and could easily talk to coaches or were visiting the recruiting office. They could look at "the board" and see who they were targeting.

I'll never forget the late afternoon I called a friend in Miami to get the latest recruiting news and my friend starts reading a non-public list and I was stunned....Here was the list as I remember it thirty some years later: Miller, Golloher, Hamlet, Searcy...." I don't remember any others. Now, I was subscribing to and reading every recruiting publication. They were all in paper and sent by US Mail. I had not heard of a single one of these guys. I was shocked! I was thinking, who the **** were we recruiting? The only one of the four names who turned out not to be a significant player was Marty Golloher. Anthony Hamlet and Eric Miller were solid starters on a 1991 championship team. Leon Searcy was a future All-Pro. But none of these guys could be found on my national lists (Emfinger, Lemming, G&W, SuperPrep, and so on.)

So, I just relax a bit and figure the coaches are doing their job....at least that was the thought until maybe the last 15 or so years.

Now, our recruiting info is as good as you can find anywhere, and I suspect it reflects the coaching evaluations.
Its fine, luckily I’m tougher than a two dollar steak. They don’t make em like us anymore.

Last edited:
I hope we see LCE back...sooner rather than later. Hope he's OK.

BTW, I think I went to school with one of RVA Cane's family members...maybe an aunt or uncle. I had it figured out once. I think.

Back in the early '60's, it seems everybody who was a college football fan was a Canes fan. Surely, a lot of kids went to school at UF, and maybe they became fans there. But when I was in junior and senior high, as they called it then (no middle school) we all followed the Canes. It was an exciting era, with George Mira as an exciting QB. We never reached the level of success like we did starting in the early '80's.

The Canes' teams, basketball and football, were really the city's teams. Before the pros. All we had for a while was a minor league Miami Marlins. They played in the old Miami Stadium.

The *** is this? You trolling mane?

Advertisement
*anything besides kickoff team

Frierson is a proven capable player there and has made more plays in 1 season than Carter his whole career. It’s not the time for us to overthink this. Play the guy who has actually had success there for an extended period of time and is a veteran.
They need to play the best players period. Tough **** of it hurts someone's feelings. Also, if am old guy and young guy are about the same, go with the younger players who will actually develop.

Ninjah you took all this time to write out this bytch ahs rant when you could’ve just google Miami Hurricanes football roster!! You want him to **** for you after you eat too?! Just be happy for some info dawg! 🤦🏾‍♂️
When you're doing everything on a phone, it gets harder to start switching back and forth to a roster. I guess I'll have t start memorizing numbers. If the team is more exciting and successful, I'll probably pay closer attention instead of starting to doze into a Bidenesque stupor.

Numbers I remember:
Bosseler - 40
Mira -- 10
Bill Miller (WR) -- 82
Dan Connors -- 74
Hendricks -- 89
Jim Dooley -- 42

I can probably think of others. I hope I'm right on all of these. These are some of the greatest names in UM football history. All went on to successful pro careers, some more than others. I think only Bosseler is in the College Football Hall of Fame.

Bill Miller shared a Super Bowl record for most TDs in a game at two. Shared it for many years. Don't know what the record is now.

Dan Connors was the linchpin of tough Oakland Raiders defenses for years at LB. He was a OT-DT at UM. Switched from tackle to LB as did Sam Huff.

I'll check and see how many I got right.

Advertisement
Frierson can't play 65-70 plays a game. Someone is gonna have play some snaps in that spot not named Frierson. With Keontra at LB. That leaves Chase Smith or Carter. It appears Smith who will probably grow into a LB anyway hasn't done enough to take that backup job.
.....I was talking about from a starting standpoint. I know Frierson cant play every snap, but Carter, who just moved to Striker, shouldn’t start over him.

You’re a CIS treasure. Never change, man.

Advertisement
Defense easily won the day

Zion is still out but is expected to play vs Bama, if he's not back sometime this week I'd get concerned.

Kitchens, Williams and chase will all play this season with kitchens coming on strong. A very smart player.

McCloud had another sack

All the backs played well , even both Fr. Rooster had a long tun. Brown is ahead of Thad and more of a complete back

Harvey and Taylor played well

Tvd had a really good day, I'd be surprised if he's not #2. The battle will go on all year

Curtis played a good amount and played well

X man 2 td, one long (Tvd with both) X has been a beast in every scrimmage

De is thin but played well. Depth makes me nervous

Seymour is one Fr who could play on the ol

The three Fr wr did their same ole thang, I expect them to play a lot this year

Smith and Flagg look to be the guys, both had good days.

K Smith had a td grab on Al, good to see blades back out there

The only spot on d thats still open imo is de between 12,53 and 33

Offense looks locked in as well, minus Zion or a possible suspension the ol rotation looks to be set, most battles are for depth chart spots

TS or Rambo look to be pr's

A lot of walk ons and backups got pt yesterday
Cribby that dude. Good looks

Advertisement
Back