Scrimmage #2 8/22

Advertisement
So it is entirely impossible that a guy who was brought in as a project, who was forced to play as a true freshman, under the worst OL coach in school history, under an OC who made zero adjustments to help deal with a shaky OL, got better with a year of experience, strength, and new coaches? Got it.
After being the worst LT in all of college football (per every possible metric), hopefully, a WHOLE LOT BETTER!

I just saw the scrimmage highlights, and it appears that they moved people around and mixed the #1s with the #2s and #3s. I saw Zion playing LT and LG, and I saw Campbell playing LT and RT. I saw mixed LBs and DBs. Looked like Nesta played against some backups, and Harrison-Hunt played against some starters.

From watching the highlights, it appears that they were mixing things up, trying different combinations to see what they can do.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I see 2 plays, one with King and one with Harris, where they are running into open lanes like I can not remember seeing in a hurricanes game in literally years. We didnt see holes like that even against Bethune...Is the OL improved? did the scheme confuse the D? are the skill players just better?

I don't claim to know why, but those were High School running lanes and from an offensive prospective it is beautiful to see.

Advertisement
Believe it or not, but I think purely from a schematic standpoint this D-line functions better without Gr15. Gr15 commands double teams which would inflate numbers and place people in 1-1 advantages. But I think with the best player on that line gone. Everyone will truly play to their strengths and they will gel cohesively.
HORT TARKES. Get them while they last. PORST AWAY

No one on that line last year eclipsed 6+ sacks aside from Gr15 who had 15.5. I don’t think it’s Ludacris to think opposing defenses would scheme for GR15, leaving mismatches and opportunities for others which I’m not saying is a bad thing. Without GR15 I just think this d-line operates cohesively. Let me define this since you mfckers are having a hard time comprehending Cohesion: the action or fact of forming a united whole. I think multiple defenders on this line can have 6+ sacks without Gr15 if you think they can with Gr15 then that’s your opinion I’m not disagreeing, unlike you mfckers.
Lol. Losing a starter makes for more cohesion... The irony of you calling out others comprehension.

Last edited:
I see 2 plays, one with King and one with Harris, where they are running into open lanes like I can not remember seeing in a hurricanes game in literally years. We didnt see holes like that even against Bethune...Is the OL improved? did the scheme confuse the D? are the skill players just better?

I don't claim to know why, but those were High School running lanes and from an offensive prospective it is beautiful to see.

That’s the magic of actually spreading the field out.

Advertisement
Back