Scrimmage #2 8/22

Advertisement
Amazing how many of you want to spread your stupidity on the board.

Lil Ernie is the next one.

Dummies spreading their **** about taking top players off the team and how we'll be better.

Like playing with little schoolchildren on here.
Cute but not effective. Maybe you'll get lucky and top player will give you a butler job with his 2nd round money. Chump...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not my point at all. I don’t doubt Phillips, I fully expect him to have a huge season. Its the spin that it’s somehow going to be an addition by subtraction.

GR is a Top 10 draft pick. Losing him is a huge blow. Phillips having a 10 sack year alleviates that, but it’s not “better”.
I don't care if he's the first overall pick. He played about 10 games and we lost 6 of them. It's possible we'll be better without him just like Ohio Taint was better without Haskins and LSU had 3 guys projected to be 6th round to UDFA in 2018 become 1st round picks in 2019.

College kids can go immediately from zero to hero just like...ready for this...grab your butt...Greg did in 2019. I don't have the inclination to scour the board for your position on Greg prior to 2019, but I'm guessing you had no idea he'd put up the season he did just like it's possible Phillips, Roche, Harvey, and/or anyone else could explode on the scene this year.

Amazing how many of you want to spread your stupidity on the board.

Lil Ernie is the next one.

Dummies spreading their **** about taking top players off the team and how we'll be better.

Like playing with little schoolchildren on here.
I respect you, but I took @1LuvCane's comment to mean that we only had him for 9 games, it's not like he the cornerstone of our defense for 4 years.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone with more Canes love than Ernie.

Advertisement
Yep. And Justin Fields looked lost in very limited spot duty with UbaGA in 2018. Totally absurd to think he’d be a great QB in 2019 and be able to capably replace a 1st round QB.

Joe Burrow was a journeyman in 2018. His WRs were underachievers. His main RB was a two star bum who could never excel at this level. We know what happened to all that in 2019.

You guys need to realize that just because a college player didn’t light the world on fire in 2019 (Phillips) doesn’t mean he won’t in 2020.

What were Greg’s amazing numbers in 2018? Did you predict what he’d do in 2019? Starting 2019, he was a 3 star former HS Safety and backup DE. Now, he’s incapable of being replaced by a 270 pound 5 star athletic freak with a crazy motor. Why?
Stop using logic, lol!!

Brian Balom & Jalen Harrell look game ready...

I don't expect too many of the TF Safeties to play much other than ST's but physically Harrell & Balom could definitely play & contribute at this level early if need be.

Dunson looked skinny, but he's a tall prototype Boundary, curious to see how long it takes for him to get a shot.

The Depth we could end up having on Defense for the 21 season will be crucial, we might mess around & have a top 5 type of Defense with the additions we got coming in & the experience the young guys can hopefully get this year.

Advertisement
I respect you, but I took @1LuvCane's comment to mean that we only had him for 9 games, it's not like he the cornerstone of our defense for 4 years.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone with more Canes love than Ernie.
Mr. 1st rounder lost all love once he bailed. All love goes to Phillips, Roche, qnd the rest of the boys at DE.

I don't care if he's the first overall pick. He played about 10 games and we lost 6 of them. It's possible we'll be better without him just like Ohio Taint was better without Haskins and LSU had 3 guys projected to be 6th round to UDFA in 2018 become 1st round picks in 2019.

College kids can go immediately from zero to hero just like...ready for this...grab your butt...Greg did in 2019. I don't have the inclination to scour the board for your position on Greg prior to 2019, but I'm guessing you had no idea he'd put up the season he did just like it's possible Phillips, Roche, Harvey, and/or anyone else could explode on the scene this year.

I like everyone else here, was high on Greg but had no real game action to base it on. Just like I am about Harvey, Phillips and the rest.

But what I thought about him is irrelevant. Right now, today, he is a projected Top 10 pick, and a proven commodity. He got four sacks in a game while lined up over center, then three more in another while lined up outside. And that's before he bulked up to 265 and had a year of experience under his belt. His massive impact on our season was immeasurably more certain than your premise, which is guys come out of nowhere all the time so why worry, it will possibly happen again.

Using our won/loss record as an indicator of how important to us is a lazy argument, as are the Burrow and Fields examples. Burrow's story is one out of dozens of transfer QB stories out there and Fields was the overall #1 recruit in the nation and the jewel of any class. He was expected to be great.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back