Scrimmage #2 8/22

Advertisement
We look like a completely different team out here compared to the last decade. If you were seeing what I am out here and what I saw in the first scrimmage you would be hard pressed to believe any player on this team was here last season or the previous few. We are going to be significantly better than i think any of us had hoped
There's a tremendous amount of talent on the field and we should be among the best in college football if we play to our ability, but the coaches must put our players in the best position to succeed. They didn't do that last season with Baker and Enos. After the overall debacle last year--including Manny taking over the defense, the changes on the offensive side--including King, and the addition of ER20 to "support" the program I'll expect a very high level of football until I see otherwise.

Last edited:
Blake baker being garbage and the offense being legit aren't mutually exclusive though. Regardless of this scrimmage result I'll wait to see the product on the field before being either overly optimistic or pessimistic.
Agreed. It's really strange how they only released some of the stats. Said King had 2 touchdowns and then nothing else on him.

I need to see both sides of the ball with my own eyes before drawing any conclusions.

Advertisement
Believe it or not, but I think purely from a schematic standpoint this D-line functions better without Gr15. Gr15 commands double teams which would inflate numbers and place people in 1-1 advantages. But I think with the best player on that line gone. Everyone will truly play to their strengths and they will gel cohesively.

:q3xkxex:

Very hard to draw conclusions from a scrimmage with no film. Unknown if 1s went against 1s or 2s or player consistency. Stats only tell part of the story. More telling coming out of the 2nd scrimmage will be the depth chart which reflects performance thus far.

Advertisement
What? Wtf was dumb enough to say we’re better without GR?
Believe it or not, but I think purely from a schematic standpoint this D-line functions better without Gr15. Gr15 commands double teams which would inflate numbers and place people in 1-1 advantages. But I think with the best player on that line gone. Everyone will truly play to their strengths and they will gel cohesively.
I present Exhibit A.

I read exactly what you wrote and I can disagree with you without insulting.. I feel like you cant lose a top pick and say we arent gonna miss 15 plus sacks production.. We agree to disagree, thats cool. no insults needed
Doth mine eyes deceive me??? Did I just read the very thing that is NOT happening in our country today? Two people disagreeing and NOT insulting each other...? I'll be honest, I don't hate it.

Advertisement
There was actual people here ripping Roche for “not having any stats or not getting mentioned in the last scrimmage. Maybe he couldn’t handle the jump to p5” lol. Well I think he’s going to be ok. It’s hard to be mentioned WHEN YOU DIDN’T PLAY!!

Then people questioned the d since the o actually moved the hall , well the d whipped their *** this week. Funny how that works when you get your two best d linemen back lol. But it’s all a conspiracy theory. You can’t make this stuff up.
Do you think Ford is better than Nesta? What's your assessment of them and how you expect each one to perform this season?

It aint a real green tree interview without the lawnmowers and leaf blowers causing ruckus!
Right?? I mean, have one intern from UM's COMM department send an email to the maintenance department that on such and such a night, don't cut grass or blow leaves.

I'm not sure we're better or worse with Greg, but if Phillips can stay healthy, he will absolutely terrorize opponents and will definitely be our next big star. Athletically, he eats Greg's lunch, and he's got a motor that doesn't stop. That combo of traits will be unstoppable.

No Greg means more reps for Phillips, and I don't think we skip a beat with Phillips out there.

I know it's hard for Canes fans so starved for great players again to believe, but it's absolutely possible to replace great players with better players. Clemson has done it repeatedly. So does Baga. We used to do it all the time too.

Advertisement
I'm not sure we're better or worse with Greg, but if Phillips can stay healthy, he will absolutely terrorize opponents and will definitely be our next big star. Athletically, he eats Greg's lunch, and he's got a motor that doesn't stop. That combo of traits will be unstoppable.

No Greg means more reps for Phillips, and I don't think we skip a beat with Phillips out there.

I know it's hard for Canes fans so starved for great players again to believe, but it's absolutely possible to replace great players with better players. Clemson has done it repeatedly. So does Baga. We used to do it all the time too.
No. Stop it - we are not better without Rousseau.

You guys sound like those people during The Big 3 Era who claimed the Heat were better when Wade wasn't on the floor.

I present Exhibit A.

Exhibit A of mfckers with weak reading comprehension chiming in. I didn’t say this defense as a whole will be better without GR15. I said schematically the defensive line can perhaps Gel better without GR15, considering when all play to their strengths. Meaning multiple players with 10+ sacks, instead of the core focus being on one player with double digit sacks. Each bring something different to the table. But let CIS troll for few likes and giggles.

Advertisement
Back