Scrimmage #2 8/22

Our front 4 is absolutely ferocious. Crazy how good they are even without gr15. We really are not missing him at all with the talent we have there. It would be awesome to have him no doubt but the dudes we have will rival any dline in the country without a doubt in my mind after seeing them live tonight
Believe it or not, but I think purely from a schematic standpoint this D-line functions better without Gr15. Gr15 commands double teams which would inflate numbers and place people in 1-1 advantages. But I think with the best player on that line gone. Everyone will truly play to their strengths and they will gel cohesively.

Advertisement
just now recognized that the U isn’t on the helmet. I remember manny saying something about it in the spring but I hope when fall camp ends and practice starts they are back on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good for Balom. He was looking like Ewing getting dunked on by Pippen on every big play last week. Good to see him show some resilience and not go in the tank.
1598160839378.gif

Not saying Diaz is full of ****, but it seems a bit too convenient that this scrimmage:
  • Penalties were an issue after not being an issue last week
  • The quarterbacks were 'ok' after balling out last week
  • Defense played well after getting torched
  • Cam balled after the freshman went off last week
Not saying this didn't happen but seems like Manny is doing his best to shed whatever narratives are out there.

Its called keeping egos in check

Advertisement
Not saying Diaz is full of ****, but it seems a bit too convenient that this scrimmage:
  • Penalties were an issue after not being an issue last week
  • The quarterbacks were 'ok' after balling out last week
  • Defense played well after getting torched
  • Cam balled after the freshman went off last week
Not saying this didn't happen but seems like Manny is doing his best to shed whatever narratives are out there.
Do you think a head coach gives zero ***** about “ narratives “ being created by booger eaters on a message board? Do you think his players could look at him the same after seeing him lie his *** off in a presser ? Speaking positively or negatively on guys to change a narrative that doesn’t even matter?

Fact is multiple key guys were out on the defense last week, so the offense had an advantage. Cam didn’t play much after losing his coach , this week he played a lot more.

The d just kicked their ***, nothing more.

Last edited:
There was actual people here ripping Roche for “not having any stats or not getting mentioned in the last scrimmage. Maybe he couldn’t handle the jump to p5” lol. Well I think he’s going to be ok. It’s hard to be mentioned WHEN YOU DIDN’T PLAY!!

Then people questioned the d since the o actually moved the hall , well the d whipped their *** this week. Funny how that works when you get your two best d linemen back lol. But it’s all a conspiracy theory. You can’t make this stuff up.

Advertisement
There was actual people here ripping Roche for not having any stats or not getting mentioned in the last scrimmage. “ Maybe he couldn’t handle the jump to p5” lol. Well I think he’s going to be ok, Then people questioned the d since the o actually moved the hall , well the d whipped their *** this week. Funny how that works when you get your two best d linemen back lol. But it’s all a conspiracy theory. You can’t make this stuff up.
Naw, the offense sucks because the defense is good or the defense sucks because the offense is good lol We can't have both lol

There was actual people here ripping Roche for “not having any stats or not getting mentioned in the last scrimmage. Maybe he couldn’t handle the jump to p5” lol. Well I think he’s going to be ok. It’s hard to be mentioned WHEN YOU DIDN’T PLAY!!

Then people questioned the d since the o actually moved the hall , well the d whipped their *** this week. Funny how that works when you get your two best d linemen back lol. But it’s all a conspiracy theory. You can’t make this stuff up.
We have to be sucking somewhere. How else are we going to lose to Clemson, Wake, and UNC as predicted?

Some might say the coaches are slowing putting a whole team together every scrimmage. Start with some young pieces in the 1st, build on the positives with more proven, older players for the 2nd scrimmage and finish with a mostly completed team in the 3rd scrimmage before jumping into UAB practice mode.

Giving everyone a chance to show what they can do without being overshadowed by the no doubt stars

You guys are killing me with the “we don’t miss GR15” or “we’re better without GR15” narratives. Just stop man. In no world do you not miss the production of a top 10(likely) draft pick. Phillips can be a beast and we can also miss GR15. The two are not mutually exclusive.
What? Wtf was dumb enough to say we’re better without GR?

Advertisement
Back