Scrimmage #2 8/22

Not saying Diaz is full of ****, but it seems a bit too convenient that this scrimmage:
  • Penalties were an issue after not being an issue last week
  • The quarterbacks were 'ok' after balling out last week
  • Defense played well after getting torched
  • Cam balled after the freshman went off last week
Not saying this didn't happen but seems like Manny is doing his best to shed whatever narratives are out there.
Yep. Feels like he's trying to stop the players from drinking too much of their own bathwater. They were getting a little too puffed up last week. Diaz needs to learn to not be too hyped up publicly over scrimmages and try to poor mouth **** a little bit better like he did tonight.

Advertisement
Yep. Feels like he's trying to stop the players from drinking too much of their own bathwater. They were getting a little too puffed up last week. Diaz needs to learn to not be too hyped up publicly over scrimmages and try to poor mouth **** a little bit better like he did tonight.

It’s exactly what I thought. I wanted to hear the offensive dominates again but we got a plain speech from Manny. Kind of disappointed.

Advertisement
Not saying Diaz is full of ****, but it seems a bit too convenient that this scrimmage:
  • Penalties were an issue after not being an issue last week
  • The quarterbacks were 'ok' after balling out last week
  • Defense played well after getting torched
  • Cam balled after the freshman went off last week
Not saying this didn't happen but seems like Manny is doing his best to shed whatever narratives are out there.
Exactly, and that's also what good coaches do. He finally realizes that he's dealing with 18-22 yr old kids, and the majority are not intrinsically motivated. You have to constantly push them in order for them to reach their potential. There's a reason why Saban is the G.O.A.T. It's because he's also the best process oriented HC of all time. That's not a coincidence. What fans should discern from this is that CMD is taking the next step as HC.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cam Harris ran 13 times for 77 yards with a TD and added two more receiving scores (and five total catches). One of his receiving scores went for an 80-yard TD.

Both Knighton and Chaney ended with over 40 yards and a touchdown apiece.

Four QBs had TDs, and D'Eriq King had a pair of touchdowns and 95 passing yards.

The leading receiver was Xavier Restrepo, who tied Harris for the team lead with five catches and had 79 yards and a score.

Brevin Jordan caught four passes after missing last week’s scrimmage, while Keyshawn Smith (3 catches, 53 yards) and Larry Hodges (45 yards) each had a receiving touchdown.

On defense freshman Brian Balom led all Canes with seven tackles, adding an interception and a forced fumble, while Jahfari Harvey had six tackles and Avery Huff tallied five tackles and a pair of sacks. Corey Flagg recovered a fumble and Te’Cory Couch had a pick to give Miami’s defense three forced turnovers.

We look like a completely different team out here compared to the last decade. If you were seeing what I am out here and what I saw in the first scrimmage you would be hard pressed to believe any player on this team was here last season or the previous few. We are going to be significantly better than i think any of us had hoped
I've been hearing this for 20 years. Sure, some of the factors are different this year (Lashlee King etc) but until I see I iterate ROSOOS -----> RECURRING OFF-SEASON OVER-OPTIMISM SYNDROME.

Advertisement
That's good that the QB's were merely "okay", that means the Defense stepped up & were making plays.

Scrimmages are not about stats, they're about which players respond to coaching & if they're internalizing what they practice every day, especially when it comes to situational football.

It's about which guys are getting a full grasp of the playbook & can execute when it matters most. Who's gonna fight hard & earn/take their spot on the Depth chart? Are you just going through the motions or are you actually paying attention & applying what they're teaching you?

If you're on Defense, after the last week's scrimmage with all these Frosh making big long run plays it should've lit a fire in you to go out there & make sure you don't get embarrassed again.

Advertisement
Y’all said Knighton and Chaney over Cam. I love both of the freshmen, but Cam is a grown a— man trying to get drafted. Watch this season be a money season for him.
Before you guys get too crazy, he averaged about 6 yards per carry, which is good but far from as earth shattering as it's growing into tonight. Our fans are so prone to flipping out over a player and then the other player's fans feel the need to hype him. It's rich.

Fellas....... We are light years better than last year. We show up with this team last year against uif and we win by 28-35 pts easy and I'm not exaggerating at all. We are back to having some real big time afletes with an F out there
Your new Avatar - didn’t recognize you, lol. New beginnings all around! The U is back!!

Exactly, and that's also what good coaches do. He finally realizes that he's dealing with 18-22 kids, and the majority are not intrinsically motivated. You have to constantly push them in order for them to reach their potential. There's a reason why Saban is the G.O.A.T. It's because he's also the best process oriented HC of all time. That's not a coincidence. What fans should discern from this is that CMD is taking the next step as HC.
He’s spent his career coaching 18-22 year old kids but just learned how to talk to them? Great HC’s hire great assistant coaches and that’s where I think Manny has to be better. I like the Lashlee hire but Blake Barker was a learn on the job type or coordinator and we should NEVER have that at UM

Advertisement
Back