Scrimmage #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. These RBs are our best hope for solid offense this year. Seems like we have a lot of talent and it is deep. Pounding the rock should be a strength this year.

He said the running backs didn't have any long runs but they had some good tough runs (which basically means our safeties are filling and tackling well.)

Richt also said that there were some long quarterback runs though.

Advertisement
I like the fact we were going no huddle.
I know it was in the context of getting in a specific amount of plays in within a certain time frame, but still. I think that is something we should take away from Richt's interview since there's not much else to go on.

He said the running backs didn't have any long runs but they had some good tough runs (which basically means our safeties are filling and tackling well.)

Richt also said that there were some long quarterback runs though.

I'd be nervous as **** if we were running all over our D in these scrimmages. It would mean our DT's were getting owned and we'd lose several games.

Rosier is having his best camp. He looks like the #1 should and has been more consistent than in the past.
I’m sorry but, hearing Rosier did great against our 2 Defense means nothing.. LSU isn’t going to play their second best team. Not sure why he doesn’t have 1 play 1 2 play 2.. in a game of stats giving no stats after a scrimmage is Bush League move by the coach.. I hope Rosier has improved,I hope our OL has improved, but not seeing or hearing anything makes me wonder what he “CMR” is hiding.. I hope it is him being sly... But, the lack of transparency doesn’t make me feel warm and fuzzy

Advertisement
I think a few of our "fans"'will legitimately be mad if Rosier balls out this season.

You all need to get out of wanting "your guy" to play. They are all Canes, who represent the University with class. We should support whoever tf Coach puts out there. Hes going to play whoever he thinks gives us the best chance to win. The only agenda on here should be wanting our team to be successful.
Come on no canes fan will be mad if Rosier proves himself. They might pretend like they supported him all along or something, but they won't be mad.

All eyes on Weldon.

The real question is ......are BOTH of Weldon's eyes ready?

Has he fully recovered from that *** Eye
75ebf9ecd.gif
thing?

"Cade Weldon has had a nice camp, but he wasn’t able to find a rhythm during the scrimmage."

Last edited:
Ha, I like it. Most vague information I think we've ever been given after a Fall scrimmage.

I applaud Richt for doing whatever the **** he wants. Ultimately, we're at a point where fans will only be happy with a winning product. So, win and I'm sure everyone will be elated.

@LuCane It is ok if Richt does this and we win national championships or a ACC title, but he hasn’t won anything yet. No stats, no real answer about competition and progress with our DL or CB.. Or QB competition even for #2 I hope he was just tired and frustrated but “we” deserve more transparency later this week.

I think Coach Richt and coaches know we got something special happening at the U.... and I love the “I guess you’ll have to wait and see” approach to us fans and the rest of the college football world!!! We already know the areas of concern within our team so there is no need to publicly comment especially if we’re making strides in that area... Keep them ****ers guessing.... GO CANES!!

Advertisement
No matter what info was released by CMR about the scrimmage people on this board are going to ***** one way or the other. This was the first scrimmage...... just be glad there weren't any significant injuries!

I’m sorry but, hearing Rosier did great against our 2 Defense means nothing.. LSU isn’t going to play their second best team. Not sure why he doesn’t have 1 play 1 2 play 2.. in a game of stats giving no stats after a scrimmage is Bush League move by the coach.. I hope Rosier has improved,I hope our OL has improved, but not seeing or hearing anything makes me wonder what he “CMR” is hiding.. I hope it is him being sly... But, the lack of transparency doesn’t make me feel warm and fuzzy

It's summer camp and Miami has a game in 3 weeks. Since when does any coach reveal a lot this time of year?

Our second team defensive ends are outstanding. Tito comes in with a world of experience at tackle. If he has his head on straight, he will perform as well as Moten. Money year so I think he helps us a lot. If Ford plays to his potential, then we've got a good one. No reason to think he doesn't perform as well as McIntosh his sophomore season. He is certainly a bigger guy than R.J. at this point and R.J had to start with almost no game experience. We have a mix of experience and athletes at linebacker. Bottomline is this is the deepest Miami defense since 2003 and that is not even debatable.

It’s true that to be able to act like Saban you’ve gotta win like him. But ultimately none of it matters if you don’t win anyway. I’m willing to let it play out.

If he thinks revealing scrimmage stats minimizes distractions or preserves a compete edge or whatever else, that’s fine with me.

Just win, man.

Everyone out here scared of a freshman OT being the sixth guy and I’m ****ting my pants over our freshman kicker situation. Our kicking game may be needed this year...
Kicking game is needed every year.

Like I said the other day when dopes were asking for updates on how Baxa is looking in practice, it doesn’t matter how a Kicker looks in practice. That’s the ultimate yips position. It only matters how they perform under actual pressure.

Advertisement
Hopefully next scrimmage we have 1s vs 1s and 2s vs 2s. Wanna see how the first team OL holds up against our 1st team DL.

...Really unfortunate its looking like Rosier is gunna start. Just gotta hope the freshman show out for the 3 cupcake games weeks 2-4 and take his spot.

Unfortunate? Tell Weldon Perry and Williams to step it up then. I feel Richt has given them every opportunity to take it from Rosier this off-season and no one has

I guess you haven’t figured out has scrimmages work yet. You’ll learn.

Advertisement
What do you expect from a coach who doesn't have the experience or football knowledge you do? Good thing Eisenhower didn't tell the Germans we were invading Normandy so that he could adhere to your standard of transparency. A coach owes nothing to the fans during prep time. or more importantly to the opponent.

@LuCane It is ok if Richt does this and we win national championships or a ACC title, but he hasn’t won anything yet. No stats, no real answer about competition and progress with our DL or CB.. Or QB competition even for #2 I hope he was just tired and frustrated but “we” deserve more transparency later this week.
So Rick has to be an open book gossip girl and tell you everything you want to hear until he wins a NC?

Your apology is not accepted. Kick rocks buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back