Scrimmage #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys getting emotional about the stats thing crack me up. In a couple weeks, who's going to give a **** what the stats were in the 1st scrimmage of fall?

Some of the other overreactions were expectedly priceless too. Coach could say every player on the team played amazing except 1, and y'all would be crying and flailing about the 1. Nature of CIS I suppose.

I for one, am pumped about the season and think we're gonna eat.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rosier is having his best camp. He looks like the #1 should and has been more consistent than in the past.
LOL. I can see moms taking her shoe off and going upside his head screaming, “You sorry bytch! I just picked you up a fish burger from McDonalds, and this is how you do me?!!! Motherfcking 29 year old bytch in here playing video games all day while his momma work!!!” (she’s intermittently hammering him with the shoe as he turtles up and cowers and occasionally eeks out a “but mom....”)
Fvckin dying here,,, bar thirty in the mornin, n I'm reading bout mamma hen, going ham on some 30 yr old, can't even cover his own 3 dollar bet!! I'm fvckin cryin over here, the mental pic is priceless!!!

First of all its a scrimmage with the ones facing the twos.which really doesn't give us a barometer where we are at.sure first d is good.but we still don't know how good first team o is.there should've been a least a couple drives where both first teams faced each other.we are not at the point where in some areas on the second team we are close being was good as the first team.the talent is there but has grown into it.

Hopefully next scrimmage we have 1s vs 1s and 2s vs 2s. Wanna see how the first team OL holds up against our 1st team DL.

...Really unfortunate its looking like Rosier is gunna start. Just gotta hope the freshman show out for the 3 cupcake games weeks 2-4 and take his spot.
Ill tell yall several simple things. All qbs except malik were live. All of them got burn with 1s,2s & 3s against corresponding units. 2nd & 3rd team ol was getting ate alive for obvious reason. Make your own hypothesis why all qbs would be live. The drops werent by freshman except pope had 2 & a td. It was harley who dropped 3 passes. Jarren & nkosi had good scrimmage all things considered. Ill just let yall know now cade isnt gonna win qb2. Might not even get qb3 because of circumstances but well see in a day or two.

Advertisement
Ill tell yall several simple things. All qbs except malik were live. All of them got burn with 1s,2s & 3s against corresponding units. 2nd & 3rd team ol was getting ate alive for obvious reason. Make your own hypothesis why all qbs would be live. The drops werent by freshman except pope had 2 & a td. It was harley who dropped 3 passes. Jarren & nkosi had good scrimmage all things considered. Ill just let yall know now cade isnt gonna win qb2. Might not even get qb3 because of circumstances but well see in a day or two.
How do you see the quarterback depth chart after the scrimmage? Nkosi or Williams? Is Rosier solid as QB1?

This is why we have the worst "fans" in the country. You'd rather see Rosier fail just to prove you're somehow right than have him ball out.

Just pathetic
No. I expect Rosier to fail. I want to see the freshman succeed. Theres a difference.

I don't hope anyone who is our starting QB fails. Does that make me blind to the fact that I watched every game last year multiple times, and imo Rosier was trash? No. I don't think he's even average. So I'm hoping one of the freshman starts balling, which is literally what I said I hope happens week 2-4. Or can you not comprehend that.

Can you expand on your point about Cade? Curious as to why.

Advertisement
No. I expect Rosier to fail. I want to see the freshman succeed. Theres a difference.

I don't hope anyone who is our starting QB fails. Does that make me blind to the fact that I watched every game last year multiple times, and imo Rosier was trash? No. I don't think he's even average. So I'm hoping one of the freshman starts balling, which is literally what I said I hope happens week 2-4. Or can you not comprehend that.
So you think the coaches are gonna go “Hey Jarren you went 11-11 with 2 td’s and 150 yards against Savannah State so we will start you for the rest of the season.”

Post less.

And in so doing, you're hoping for Malik to fail.
Why not look for his improvement??
You are a walking contradiction.

I think a few of our "fans"'will legitimately be mad if Rosier balls out this season.

You all need to get out of wanting "your guy" to play. They are all Canes, who represent the University with class. We should support whoever tf Coach puts out there. Hes going to play whoever he thinks gives us the best chance to win. The only agenda on here should be wanting our team to be successful.

I think a few of our "fans"'will legitimately be mad if Rosier balls out this season.

You all need to get out of wanting "your guy" to play. They are all Canes, who represent the University with class. We should support whoever tf Coach puts out there. Hes going to play whoever he thinks gives us the best chance to win. The only agenda on here should be wanting our team to be successful.
Not sure if anyone wants him to truly fail, but we know who he is and just want a better option for the program.

Advertisement
I'm wondering why some people are getting a little upset about not performing that well in the run game against our 2nd team defense. People have too remember that you finally have true depth were there are plenty of guys that would be starters like D-Jax, Mc Cloud coming back from injury that were probably on the twos last night on defense. So I believe the o-line will be fine.

So Mike Harley is still having drop problems... well he won't play much

Richt didn’t say the running game was bad. He said there were good tough runs. He just said the only long ones were from QB’s. Our defenses have been pretty good with ypc

Advertisement
Wow I'm just going to get drunk and let things play out. I hope dmoney is right and Malik is going to shut me up with his play but man I just don't see it. Rosier is a heck of a kid and I really like his character off the field but I've seen so much **** throws and deer in headlights looks from him and can't help but feel less than optimistic him leading the way. But I guess **** it 🍸 🍺 cheers.

I am happily assuming that AR had gotten past his dropping passes from last year. Seems like he had a very good scrimmage and is on his way back to true form.

I am not worried about other dropping balls at this point. We were all "worried" about having too many WR in an active game rotation. If one or 2 young guys can't seem to get the Crisco off their gloves...sit em...work em...redshirt them...it's okay by me. That's the greatness of depth right?

Com'on Brook, don't be like that, you know we are all jonesing for some news over here. Help your Canes brothers out with some more info, man. Dont be a D*ck tease. :ROFLMAO:

“Not getting much going on the ground” is not something I wanted to hear. We really need to improve there.

Agree. These RBs are our best hope for solid offense this year. Seems like we have a lot of talent and it is deep. Pounding the rock should be a strength this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back