Scrimmage #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Not sure if we should be ecstatic or terrified that scaife a TF is the 6th man in the rotation..
Why would you be terrified?

Scaife was best Lineman in Dade & was high 4-star OL with great versatility being able to play both Guard & Tackle.

Just because he's a True Freshman doesn't mean it's impossible for him to be good enough to eventually log legit snaps as the season progresses. Donaldson was a Freshman All-American @ RG last year, Scaife isn't as physically big, but he's equally as talented coming out of High School.

Snippets from ITU (free article)

• LB Shaquille Quarterman had about six tackles.

• DB Sheldrick Redwine had an interception.

• Richt says there were some sacks, but most of them came against the second and third team offense.

• A back-up quarterback rundown: Richt is pleased with the way redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is coming along. Freshman Jarren Williams completed some nice passes, but “he doesn’t always know exactly where he is going and why, but he has ability.” Cade Weldon has had a nice camp, but he wasn’t able to find a rhythm during the scrimmage.

• None of the running backs had a big day running the ball, but Travis Homerand DeeJay Dallas had some nice physical runs. The quarterbacks were able to break the longest runs of the scrimmage.

• Richt says he has no complaints about the first team offensive line, which faces the second team defensive line. The second team offensive line did have its struggles against the first team defensive line.

• Freshman DT Nesta Silvera is flashing his talent and has to get more consistent, but Richt is confident he will have a role this year.

• K Bubba Baxa struggled kicking at Hard Rock Stadium during the scrimmage, but Richt did say he has been good in practice leading up to the scrimmage.

• There are no injuries that Richt is concerned about from the scrimmage.

1COMMENTS
• LB Michael Pinckneywas a participant in the scrimmage after being held out of Thursday’s practice.

• Richt says the Hurricanes will hold one more scrimmage next week.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sometimes it's not what a coach says but how he says it.don't know what some of you think but I got t he impressions from cmr body language that he wasn't overly pleased with the first scrimmage.he wasn't his normal upbeat self

That’s literally the opposite of what Richt said though. He said he was very pleased with where we’re at

1b0.jpg

Why would you be terrified?

Scaife was best Lineman in Dade & was high 4-star OL with great versatility being able to play both Guard & Tackle.

Just because he's a True Freshman doesn't mean it's impossible for him to be good enough to eventually log legit snaps as the season progresses. Donaldson was a Freshman All-American @ RG last year, Scaife isn't as physically big, but he's equally as talented coming out of High School.

Some of these people just be talking.
In 2016 playoffs bama, clemson, Washington all started a true freshman on the oline...

Advertisement
Sometimes it's not what a coach says but how he says it.don't know what some of you think but I got t he impressions from cmr body language that he wasn't overly pleased with the first scrimmage.he wasn't his normal upbeat self
This is a serious reach, my man!

Classic!

Even though I think Malik is the guaranteed starter against L$U, I will bet him, just for the small chance that Rosier doesn't start. It will be worth it, just knowing his mama will beat his *** for stealing her $3.00.
LOL. I can see moms taking her shoe off and going upside his head screaming, “You sorry bytch! I just picked you up a fish burger from McDonalds, and this is how you do me?!!! Motherfcking 29 year old bytch in here playing video games all day while his momma work!!!” (she’s intermittently hammering him with the shoe as he turtles up and cowers and occasionally eeks out a “but mom....”)

Richt gets to the office at 6 am. He just put in a 17 hour day. I wouldn't read into it.

Advertisement
The kicker being nervous is not good. LSU could be a tight game in front of everyone in Jerry’s world on national tv.

Advertisement
If Richt feels being secretive gives us a small competitive advantage, I'm fine with that. What I am not going to do, however, is read into Richt's body language and try to infer a secret double meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back