Scrimmage #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing on the ground. I just don’t get it. Seamless can recruit with the best of em - but it sounds like it ends there.

Hope I’m jumping the gun.
I’m not as concerned about the oline, they performed good enough against most of the teams we played last year outside of mainly 3 games(clemson, unc, pitt).The second and 3rd teams got a lot of time so the second team in particular it was barely going to be anything there considering who they were going up against. If they rushed the ball well people would be “concerned” about our rushing defense. It’s a scrimmage at the end of the day

Last edited:
Advertisement
We had what 4 bad rushing performances out of 13 games last season, relax
Yeah, nothing to see here yet with the OL, they’re still getting their bearings together

It’ll be a concern if the same issue is arising in late August

Yeah, nothing to see here yet with the OL, they’re still getting their bearings together

It’ll be a concern if the same issue is arising in late August

Much rather have Richt complaining he could only get 3 to 5 yards and not break one in the ground game (other than QB scrambles, which apparently had some success) than hearing that the second line of defense broke down.

Advertisement
The stats aren't all that indicative of what actual game play will be come fall. These guys practice against each other every day, they know each others tendencies, strengths, weaknesses, etc. You've got #2's going against a top 5 defense and the #1's going against the #2's which aren't shabby. Not surprised the offense may have struggled in certain areas like the ground game. Nothing new under the sun.

I guess pickney did not have a great scrimmage if coach couldn’t even remember if he played. Shaq will be the man this season

Advertisement
I’m not as concerned about the oline, they performed good enough against most of the teams we played last year outside of mainly 3 games(clemson, unc, pitt).The second and 3rd teams got a lot of time so the second team in particular it was barely going to be anything there considering who they were going up against. If they rushed the ball well people would be “concerned” about our rushing defense. It’s a scrimmage at the end of the day
I'm freaking terrified if our O Line stays the way it is. I am not sold on Mahoney and Jones being good enough at Guard. At all. We need Boulware, Scaife and Reed to get going quick

Advertisement
Advertisement
Guess what I'm going to take away from this.

Absolutely nothing. I'll leave that to all of the agenda boys who can see through the reflection side of a one way mirror.

Sometimes it's not what a coach says but how he says it.don't know what some of you think but I got t he impressions from cmr body language that he wasn't overly pleased with the first scrimmage.he wasn't his normal upbeat self

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back