Scratch another defensive player off our list, Ude committed

LOL. Yea, he was scared off by our awesome depth on the DL.

Take off the blinders dumb ***. I'm not looking at it in a vacuum. I'm talking about our depth along the defensive line as it compares to Cal.

As someone just said, they're the 125th ranked defense in the country.
Our depth sucks, friend.

Does the University of California football team have better depth at the defensive end position than the football program at the university of Miami?

Stop being a Miami fan for a moment and actually use those brain muscles.
The best player from the list of guys Ude is supposed to be afraid of (Chad Thomas) has barely played this season. Think about that. Why should Ude be afraid of Hamilton, Moten, McIntosh, and Jackson? They've combined for about as many plays as you and I have this season. Exactly where is the abundance of playmakers at his position that he is supposed to be scared of on the defensive line?

Cal has a statistically (and actual) worse defense than us, which is no small feat. Having a statistically worse defense =/= having a more enticing depth chart situation for incoming recruits. Having a worse defense comparable to Florida and Florida State hasn't helped us with keeping defensive prospects from leaving the area. But with Cal, it's supposed to be some game-changer that this staff can't overcome. Riiiiiiiight. How come when we were ranked in the triple digits defensively we didn't reel in a bunch of top prospects? After all, our depth must have been so favorable back then.

Having a lot of bodies at a particular position =/= good depth. Having difference makers = good depth.

Phew...boy are my brain muscles tired.

You want to be nonsensical about ****, your prerogative.

Good talk

Advertisement

Good talk
It's a shame you're quitting now. The least you could do was answer the questions I asked you.

For what? You tried to sidestep my own question by trying to intimate that just because we're FIFTEENTH in Total Defense and Cal is ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY ******* FIFTH, doesn't mean that their depth chart looks better.

Dude could reasonably start at the University of California next year. Why? BECAUSE EVERYBODY'S JOB IS UP FOR GRABS WHEN YOU'RE RANKED 125TH and the staff has probably told him as much.

The kid is 250 pounds.

He's not playing over Chad Thomas.
He's not playing over Anthony Moten.
He's not playing over Ufomba Kamalu.

You want to argue and be right as opposed to making freaking common sense.

So no, I don't want to continue talking to somebody who wants to argue for the sake of arguing.

Bye.

We have Chad, Kamalu, Moten and trash for 2 end spots. Using depth as a reason for players to not come here is a debate you're not gonna win.

Advertisement

Good talk
It's a shame you're quitting now. The least you could do was answer the questions I asked you.

For what? You tried to sidestep my own question by trying to intimate that just because we're FIFTEENTH in Total Defense and Cal is ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY ******* FIFTH, doesn't mean that their depth chart looks better.

Dude could reasonably start at the University of California next year. Why? BECAUSE EVERYBODY'S JOB IS UP FOR GRABS WHEN YOU'RE RANKED 125TH and the staff has probably told him as much.

The kid is 250 pounds.

So no, I don't want to continue talking to somebody who wants to argue for the sake of arguing.

Bye.
Awesome, you took down your white flag. it's neat how that list of insurmountable players has now been whittled down to just 3.

Ufomba Kamalu will be a senior in 2015, Ude would potentially have another 4 years of eligibility to play after that.
Again, what have Thomas and Moten done to date that would cause him to be afraid? Most importantly just because you don't start, doesn't mean you can't still make the rotation.

Good talk

For what? You tried to sidestep my own question by trying to intimate that just because we're FIFTEENTH in Total Defense and Cal is ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY ****ING FIFTH, doesn't mean that their depth chart looks better.

The kid is 250 pounds.

Bye.
Awesome, you took down your white flag. it's neat how that list of insurmountable players has now been whittled down to just 3.

Ufomba Kamalu will be a senior in 2015, Ude would potentially have another 4 years of eligibility to play after that.
Again, what have Thomas and Moten done to date that would cause him to be afraid? Most importantly just because you don't start, doesn't mean you can't still make the rotation.

Cal: Battle for starting position

Miami: Hope I make rotation and don't get redshirted

Why can't you understand this very fundamental and rudimentary concept?

"Both our starting ends are graduating, you can compete for a starting job right away" - something Miami coaches can literally say.

LOL, now he has to battle for a starting spot at Cal. You made it seem like it was a fait accompli. This coaching staff has shown it's perfectly willing to play freshmen, even at the most important position in the game. If you just used your brain muscles more you could figure this out.

Advertisement

LOL, now he has to battle for a starting spot at Cal. You made it seem like it was a fait accompli. This coaching staff has shown it's perfectly willing to play freshmen, even at the most important position in the game. If you just used your brain muscles more you could figure this out.

Chad Thomas was one of the best defensive end prospects in his class...and he can't get regular snaps, yet you think some 6'2 250 pound freshman has just as good a shot to get meaningful snaps here as he does at Cal...

Lol delusion

Salute to you and the world you live in

Chad Thomas was one of the best defensive end prospects in his class...and he can't get regular snaps, yet you think some 6'2 250 pound freshman has just as good a shot to get meaningful snaps here as he does at Cal...

Lol delusion

Salute to you and the world you live in
It's also 1 guy. There's a thing called a 2-deep depth chart. If you can't keep up this is going to get boring.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Case and point as to why we will never EVER be able to do the "Stanford thing" that nerds like Antwan want.

If you want to bring in the elite academic athletes, you are competing with FIFTY schools that have better degrees than Miami. Why would ANY academics-first athlete come here over the half dozen other programs in our own conference that are superior academic schools?

Who are the half dozen?

Case and point as to why we will never EVER be able to do the "Stanford thing" that nerds like Antwan want.

If you want to bring in the elite academic athletes, you are competing with FIFTY schools that have better degrees than Miami. Why would ANY academics-first athlete come here over the half dozen other programs in our own conference that are superior academic schools?

Who are the half dozen?

Duke, UNC, UVA, Wake Forest, BC, and Georgia Tech…….

Who are the half dozen?

Duke, UNC, UVA, Wake Forest, BC, and Georgia Tech…….

yea, that UNC degree is looking pretty good right about now...

Advertisement
Back