Scratch another defensive player off our list, Ude committed

Advertisement
Advertisement
U thought he was coming? Lol

I thought we would have a better shot at him then a program from out west such as Cal. First Atlanta kids will always find our program attractive, as they are city kids, second our list for quality DL that we had any shot at was small, and it just got smaller. Definitely a topic of warrant here…...

No surprise. He picked Cal because of their academics. As much as I love UM, Cal is a better school.

No surprise. He picked Cal because of their academics. As much as I love UM, Cal is a better school.
Cal should be able to beat fsu and bama and other programs like with lesser academics every time for recruits. Right?

Advertisement
Cal should be able to beat fsu and bama and other programs like with lesser academics every time for recruits. Right?

It's the depth chart too

Chad Thomas
Anthony Moten
Jelani Hamilton

Are all going to be guys with AT LEAST 2 years of eligibility left at his position. Throw in Richard Mcintosh and Demetrius Jackson possibly bulking up to 270-275, all of a sudden you're buried on the depth chart and guys ain't trying to sit on the bench for teams that lose 3 games a year.

It's the depth chart too

Chad Thomas
Anthony Moten
Jelani Hamilton

Are all going to be guys with AT LEAST 2 years of eligibility left at his position. Throw in Richard Mcintosh and Demetrius Jackson possibly bulking up to 270-275, all of a sudden you're buried on the depth chart and guys ain't trying to sit on the bench for teams that lose 3 games a year.
LOL. Yea, he was scared off by our awesome depth on the DL.

It's the depth chart too

Chad Thomas
Anthony Moten
Jelani Hamilton

I don't think any recruit is going to be scared off by Jelani Hamilton having multiple years of eligibility remaining. But that's just me.

It's the depth chart too

Chad Thomas
Anthony Moten
Jelani Hamilton

I don't think any recruit is going to be scared off by Jelani Hamilton having multiple years of eligibility remaining. But that's just me.

Kamalu is there too

Advertisement

It's the depth chart too

Chad Thomas
Anthony Moten
Jelani Hamilton

Take off the blinders dumb ***. I'm not looking at it in a vacuum. I'm talking about our depth along the defensive line as it compares to Cal.

As someone just said, they're the 125th ranked defense in the country.

It's the depth chart too

Chad Thomas
Anthony Moten
Jelani Hamilton

Take off the blinders dumb ***. I'm not looking at it in a vacuum. I'm talking about our depth along the defensive line as it compares to Cal.

Our depth sucks, friend.

It's the depth chart too

Chad Thomas
Anthony Moten
Jelani Hamilton

Our depth sucks, friend.

Does the University of California football team have better depth at the defensive end position than the football program at the university of Miami?

Stop being a Miami fan for a moment and actually use those brain muscles.

Advertisement
Case and point as to why we will never EVER be able to do the "Stanford thing" that nerds like Antwan want.

If you want to bring in the elite academic athletes, you are competing with FIFTY schools that have better degrees than Miami. Why would ANY academics-first athlete come here over the half dozen other programs in our own conference that are superior academic schools?

Case and point as to why we will never EVER be able to do the "Stanford thing" that nerds like Antwan want.

If you want to bring in the elite academic athletes, you are competing with FIFTY schools that have better degrees than Miami. Why would ANY academics-first athlete come here over the half dozen other programs in our own conference that are superior academic schools?

This does seem to be lost on people. Miami is a great school, but we aren't even at the top of our own conference in academics, not even close. Duke, UNC, Wake, UVA, BC and GT are all ahead of us, and so will ND when they officially join. In the meantime Syracuse and Pitt aren't that far behind. We should take solace in the fact that our degree holds value, but lets not make it out to be like we are Duke, when in fact Clemson, yeah Clemson is only 14 spots behind us…...

It's the depth chart too

Chad Thomas
Anthony Moten
Jelani Hamilton

Our depth sucks, friend.

Does the University of California football team have better depth at the defensive end position than the football program at the university of Miami?

Stop being a Miami fan for a moment and actually use those brain muscles.
The best player from the list of guys Ude is supposed to be afraid of (Chad Thomas) has barely played this season. Think about that. Why should Ude be afraid of Hamilton, Moten, McIntosh, and Jackson? They've combined for about as many plays as you and I have this season. Exactly where is the abundance of playmakers at his position that he is supposed to be scared of on the defensive line?

Cal has a statistically (and actual) worse defense than us, which is no small feat. Having a statistically worse defense =/= having a more enticing depth chart situation for incoming recruits. Having a worse defense comparable to Florida and Florida State hasn't helped us with keeping defensive prospects from leaving the area. But with Cal, it's supposed to be some game-changer that this staff can't overcome. Riiiiiiiight. How come when we were ranked in the triple digits defensively we didn't reel in a bunch of top prospects? After all, our depth must have been so favorable back then.

Having a lot of bodies at a particular position =/= good depth. Having difference makers = good depth.

Phew...boy are my brain muscles tired.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back