Scouts doubting Miami's Brad Kaaya

CaneGang440

Redshirt Freshman
Miami QB Brad Kaaya has been touted as a top QB prospect, but not all scouts view the 6-foot-4, 215-pound junior as a sure-fire franchise quarterback at this point. I spoke to a high-ranking NFC personnel executive prior to last week's Florida State-Miami game and he expressed concerns about Kaaya's athleticism, poise and awareness. He described Kaaya as "slow-footed" and "non-athletic" as a playmaker from the pocket. In addition, he questioned his pocket awareness by suggesting that he is an "average quarterback" who "needs a clean pocket to throw" from.

Now, I believe Kaaya is a good player with solid physical traits and strong intangible qualities. He has made his way into the conversation as a potential franchise quarterback by diligently working on his craft every offseason. Those improvements have shown up in his game, as he improved his completion rate in each of his three seasons as the team's starter. In addition, Kaaya has shown the ability to adapt and adjust his game by quickly grasping first-year Miami coach Mark Richt's offense this season.

While I don't think Kaaya is necessarily ready to lead a NFL team as a franchise QB1, he displays enough of the necessary traits to succeed as a mail man (distributor) for a team loaded with established playmakers on the perimeter. With young quarterbacks like Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz thriving in similar situations, the Canes' star quarterback remains an intriguing prospect to follow despite the executive's opinion. -- Bucky Brooks

Move The Sticks notebook: Scouts doubting Miami's Brad Kaaya - NFL.com

Advertisement
I kept asking myself who are these scouts that have Kaaya as a top NFL pick,do they even watch our games or just highlights.

I just saw a mock draft with Kayaa at #6 and that fool from nd at #1 , so I pretty much don't believe anything any of these people say anymore. I'll eat my shoe if that guy from nd is a successful NFL QB.

Advertisement
Don't see how the author can title something as "Scouts" then go on and provide a quote from only one scout.

Citing anonymous scouts is the worst type of analysis, people take it as gospel.

Advertisement
I'm a big Kaaya fan, but I have no argument to stick up for Kaaya in terms of him being ready to go into the NFL. That kid hasn't shown me much to say he's worthy of the high ranking as a QB that he's getting. He should be coming back next year.

What was said is true but it doesn't take a NFL scout to see that. Everyone on this board knows this.

Last edited:
good, hope they question him enough to stay for his senior year

i'm not a huge kaaya fan, but I will lay down and die before I get excited about a Miami team led by rosier next year

Advertisement
Advertisement

i'm not a huge kaaya fan, but I will lay down and die before I get excited about a Miami team led by rosier next year

Least Rosier can beat a ranked opponent
We would have rolled in that game with Brad. But if it makes you feel better

Too bad we didn't have any 8 lateral last second touchdown wins to get kaaya his win against a ranked opponent

Too bad we didn't have any 8 lateral last second touchdown wins to get kaaya his win against a ranked opponent

You are triggered the fvck up my friend.

Na I wasn't being a smart *** for once the last part was a legit statement

Could use some more of that 8 lateral win stuff in my life. Halloween last year was a good day to be a cane fan, no matter the crap Miami got for how they won

Na I wasn't being a smart *** for once the last part was a legit statement

Could use some more of that 8 lateral win stuff in my life. Halloween last year was a good day to be a cane fan, no matter the crap Miami got for how they won

Kaaya should win his own game against a ranked opponent.

Once in a generation plays not withstanding.

Advertisement
Back