Scott Patchan

Plain and simple. Richt is better than Golden- at least he beat FSU 2x and a coastal. We were so desperate to get out from Golden however he is is far from what we needed. He was a safe choice based on reputation. He can turn into Golden absent change on his part.

Advertisement
Ill ask you too, name the recruits that coach richt rescended their commitments if we gone do that. He didnt have to Honor non of their commitments!

So he inherited a class all ready committed that he didn’t have to do anything for ( his words..he said that )
And you want to give him credit for not
rescending any of there scholarships.
Man Richt is a lucky man if his agent and his lawyer fight as hard for him as you do!!

Guys acting like we aren't massively out-recruiting UVA and BC every single year. I can't believe people are actually implying that all Richt really needs to be successful is an even more massive talent advantage than he already enjoys against scrub teams like these. If you need an overwhelming talent advantage in order to be successful then you're outclassed and in over your head as a coach..

Why is losing to less talented teams only an indictment on a Head Coaches overall ability as a Head Coach when it’s Coach Richt... you all stick up for every other coach in CFB when they lose.

Plain and simple. Richt is better than Golden- at least he beat FSU 2x and a coastal. We were so desperate to get out from Golden however he is is far from what we needed. He was a safe choice based on reputation. He can turn into Golden absent change on his part.
Goldens 2013 UM team would beat the Brakes off of Richts 2018 UM team...

Ok, why are people acting as if manny diaz, coach rumph, banda and simpson got here on their on. So if judgement is passed it should be passed fairly, what was our defensive ranking before coach richt took over. Where was this program at, 1st yr bowl win, 2nd yr Fsu, V-Tech and notre shame with the last 2 taling beat downs in a 10win season, stronger bowl game that we would've easily had won but its hard to beat the refs too. This year our offense is what it was like at the end of last year, no Ahmon, and with no berrios, just like that the receiving core became young and mediocre.

Lol giving Richt all the credit for the defensive improvements and then making excuses for the side of the ball that he actually focuses on. LOL...

source.gif

Advertisement
So he inherited a class all ready committed that he didn’t have to do anything for ( his words..he said that )
And you want to give him credit for not
rescending any of there scholarships.
Man Richt is a lucky man if his agent and his lawyer fight as hard for him as you do!!

Apparently you missed the part where he didnt want travis homer cause he was to small. His ideal backs are like crowley. Just stick around, oj let's play your game, so let's say those guys arent richt's recruits, do you want us to believe that you believe with those same recruits that this defense would've been #1 in the nation at some point under the penn disgrace regime, is that what you're saying!

Lol giving Richt all the credit for the defensive improvements and then making excuses for the side of the ball that he actually focuses on. LOL...

source.gif
If you call havng a group of freshmen o-linemen and receivers in the 2 deep an excuse, i cant help you.

Apparently you missed the part where he didnt want travis homer cause he was to small. His ideal backs are like crowley. Just stick around, oj let's play your game, so let's say those guys arent richt's recruits, do you want us to believe that you believe with those same recruits that this defense would've been #1 in the nation at some point under the penn disgrace regime, is that what you're saying!

No Dnofrio was terrible at being a DC....kinda like Richt at offense.
Speaking about the offense...you know side of the ball Richt is actively involved in.....what has been the offensive ranking the last three years under Richt?
And what’s the point about Homer...that he almost missed evaluated and didn’t want his starting running back? How is that a good look for Ritch?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Only 3(jaquan, redwine & jackson) defensive starters were signed by the moron/penn disgrace regime, the other 8 starters all came in under coach richt, including taking an almost gaytor tainted willis. And all 3 players from the previous moron regime have played their best ball under coach richt's crew. In fact jaquan was coming to UM almost no matter who the headcoach was and it was him, jaquan who told those morons about redwine when they basically was running out of answers, and we see the work coach rumph is doing. Now go over to the offensive side of the ball, this aint basketball, you not gone roll out a Fab 5 of freshmen o-linemen and dominate or be consistent or run an offense, so coach richt is stuck with st. louis, Jahir jones, gauthier and hayden, and rosier and butter fingers cager. The only one's out of that group that are doing ok is gauthier mostly and cager sometimes, the rest dont belong here skill wise. When coach richt made the statement about rosier never playing for him, that also means he would've never recruited him. So you can have all the skill position players in the world, but if that's the o-line you have to rely on, you getting what we got, and plus no Ahmon. And now jt4 is drawing most teams best cover man, with freshmen surrounding him.

Coach searels mark will be shown next year, right now, to many young not physically ready players, but they are much better than what's in front of them.

Lastly, why do people act like Boston college is chop liver, they have been consistently tuff thru out the years. If not, why did it take this play to seal this game, and of course and again, no need to call the roll of this roster:

Almost didnt get #5

What a great post.

And yes, BC is very solid team. I was at the game near field level. BC's O line was notably larger than our D line and AJ Dillion is a beast. He'll be a day one draft pick if he stays healthy. BC's only two losses were @NC State in a close game and @ Purdue (who beat Ohio State's ***).

Why is losing to less talented teams only an indictment on a Head Coaches overall ability as a Head Coach when it’s Coach Richt... you all stick up for every other coach in CFB when they lose.
You don't know me or my stances on any of the other coaches in CFB, so please don't include me in that blanket statement.

My opinion on the current coach of this football team is that losing to the likes of UVA and Boston College in year 3, with the distinct talent advantages he enjoys over both of those teams is an indictment of Richt's overall coaching ability. This team's offensive ineptitude (a unit he is specifically in control of) and the reoccurring problems with the overall team's undisciplined play are others. Two and a half years of awful o-line play coupled with an apparent inability to help mask or even dilute it's adverse effects on the Offense through creative scheming or playcalling and his mismanagement of the qb position are still others.

I don't care about what any other coach in CFB is doing, and I don't really need to assess or compare them Richt to come up with an indictment of Richt's coaching prowess or come to the opinion that Richt is underachieving with the talent available to him. I can point to 2.5 years of uneven play, persistent problems with discipline, lack of development at key positions (if not outright regression), lack of imagination and aggressiveness in his offensive schemes, playcalling and approach, and an overall general stubbornness that seemingly exacerbates it all to formulate my opinion.

When Richt took over this program he already enjoyed a clear talent advantage over every team but 2 in the ACC. To Richt's credit that talent advantage has only grown larger during his 2 and a half years here. In year 3, I don't think any of his detractors are being unreasonable in feeling like the results or the team's overall quality of play are not where they should be up to this point. Do you?

I have to admit i made a mistake. I was all excited that we were coming back and was fully behind Richt, however these two weeks have become apparent that the critics were right and I was wrong. His offense is to simple and easy to figure out. Him and his son cant recruit or develop quarterbacks. Searells is a bust and im seriously questioning our cooffensive coordinator ability. It's not the players it's the coaching 4 stars players should not have a losing record against 2 and 3 star player. Look at the turnaround of our defense with the right coaching. They didn't lose this game, the offense is scoring less than 14 points a game. Sorry but this is not going to get fix with the current coaching situation.

Yeah exactly this and you know, you can win with a simple offense if you can teach guys how to execute it and great technique. Unfortunately searles is trash and Richt can’t teach this kids how to execute them flawlessly.

No Dnofrio was terrible at being a DC....kinda like Richt at offense.
Speaking about the offense...you know side of the ball Richt is actively involved in.....what has been the offensive ranking the last three years under Richt?
And what’s the point about Homer...that he almost missed evaluated and didn’t want his starting running back? How is that a good look for Ritch?

The point about homer is simple, just shows you when a coach comes in, no matter who's already committed, they still evaluate them. Once coach richt recruits are the primary players on offense, we'll get back to the offensive rankings, but it wont matter as much as team wins!

Advertisement
What a great post.

And yes, BC is very solid team. I was at the game near field level. BC's O line was notably larger than our D line and AJ Dillion is a beast. He'll be a day one draft pick if he stays healthy. BC's only two losses were @NC State in a close game and @ Purdue (who beat Ohio State's ***).

This man knows his football, alot of good coaches in the acc. Honestly, i didnt expect us to beat UVA or BC, being that they are both physical at the line of scrimmage, its late in the season and the last 2 teams had extra time to prepare for us. It's simple, teams know, just double cover jt4, and lets see who else they got. To many people on here who say they know football act as if this offense is somehow suppose to be better with a weaker o-line from lasr year and no Ahmon and no berrios, with true freshmen tightends trying to block, i dont understand how they dont understand.

Advertisement
Back