Scott patchan

DJax - Coming back from season ending injury
Garvin - Still a little green
JJ - Proven
Patchan - Big injury risk
Rousseou - Needs major strength/weight progress
Willis - Mystery man
Ford - Limited snaps, major unknown
Nesta - Undersized, is he ready for college ball?
Bethel - Undersized, serviceable
Illinois guy - Awful. If he plays, wrap it up
Tyreic Martin - Does he actually exist?

That is who we are rolling with? If that doesn't scare the living **** out of everyone, especially the coaches, then I don't know what will. This DL could be disastrous.

Willis is and was the best DT on the team.

Advertisement
JJ - Proven
Willis - Mystery man

That is who we are rolling with? If that doesn't scare the living **** out of everyone, especially the coaches, then I don't know what will. This DL could be disastrous.
Willis - mistery man? the guy is going to be one of the top DT's in the ACC

JJ - Proven
Willis - Mystery man

Great confidence

Advertisement
JJ - Proven
Willis - Mystery man

I'm not a pxxxx like u so no It doesn't scare the living **** out of me

We have a ton of talent on the dline. And the guys who will be in the rotation all are a threat. Not just a body bc we don't have anyone else to put out there.

This scary shx crying about our depth has been vastly overstated on this board. We got impact players across the board, there are teams ranked higher than us with less talent.

He is much needed depth. No doubt about it. He'll be good for 150+ snaps there if he stays healthy. Hope he still flashes that upside.

Like I said weeks ago, we might do TOO many rotations on the dline to begin with. We were deeper than anyone on college football on the dline last year. Take a look at how many snaps Clemson’s starters play compared to ours. We are going to be more than fine on the dline next year. Even with our depth not many teams have more talented players than we do regardless at the position. Before djack’s injury he was our most productive dlineman and led the team in sacks and tfls with 4 and 7.5 respectively. Joe Jackson is a beast and will take his game to another level. Gerald Willis knows this is his money year and he’s more focused than ever, Ford looks like a beast and has some experience. Bethel can play as well. Jon Garvin is arguably the best pass rusher on the team and by the season he will be 6’6 255 looking like another joe Jackson basically. Scott Patchan is really good when healthy as well. Silvera is a ******* animal point blank period and the most talented dt in the country in the 2018 class. He had 107 tackles 15 sacks 30 tfls as a senior and plays with a mean streak unmatched. Even with the losses of Norton, McIntosh, Thomas and Harris we just might have on the field this season our most talented dline we have had in a long time. These players are that talented

De joe Jackson /Jon Garvin
Dt- Willis,bethel/Silvera,
Dt- Jon ford, Illini transfer, Jordan miller , maybe Clemson transfer?
De Demetrius Jackson , Scott Patchan/greg rousseau

3rd down package
De joe Jackson
Dt - Gerald willis
Dt- Demetrius jackson
De Jon Garvin?

Can’t wait man...

Advertisement
Canestuck unless I missed him on your list Miller wasn’t on it. I think he will be a very good addition who will get some good burn in the DT rotation

IMO Bethel can also swing to SDE in a pinch if needed. He can be a physical edge setter there. Not so worried about the depth at DE as we have some smaller DT’s who have played there before. I think even Ford played some in high school.

JJ - Proven
Willis - Mystery man

you are miserable . There are 5-7 future NFLers there.

Advertisement
Sterling Johnson holds the key. If he can play here in 2018 our DL becomes a deep unit.

Advertisement
It's college football, there's always going to be inexperience at some positions. It's not often you see a team with experienced seniors all over the field. New guys will have to come in and produce. When they move on, someone else will have to do the same.

Hopefully Patchan's knees don't start sounding like M-80s going off in an underground parking garage.

Injuries will happen. We need at least 1 more decent player at SDE. That is why losing Chatman hurt. Not so much as a DT, but as a tweener he had the explosiveness to play SDE this and next year at least.

Warren Sapp played TE his freshman year and look how he panned out. DJ William played FB his freshman year and was one of our best linebackers playing alongside Vilma. Patchan came in highly recruited and has time to be a stud at DE, also adding some much needed depth.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back