Scott patchan

DJax - Coming back from season ending injury
Garvin - Still a little green
JJ - Proven
Patchan - Big injury risk
Rousseou - Needs major strength/weight progress
Willis - Mystery man
Ford - Limited snaps, major unknown
Nesta - Undersized, is he ready for college ball?
Bethel - Undersized, serviceable
Illinois guy - Awful. If he plays, wrap it up
Tyreic Martin - Does he actually exist?

That is who we are rolling with? If that doesn't scare the living **** out of everyone, especially the coaches, then I don't know what will. This DL could be disastrous.

You gotta transfer bruh. That USF education is not paying off right now.

Really? So that’s a championship quality DL depth chart in your opinion? If so, we just have different standards man. That’s a struggle to win the ACC Coastal type of DL. I’m trying to be great.

Advertisement
JJ - Proven
Willis - Mystery man

That is who we are rolling with? If that doesn't scare the living **** out of everyone, especially the coaches, then I don't know what will. This DL could be disastrous.

Take 2 Midols, call us in the morning young lady

Hey look another guy who is happy to just compete in the ACC Coastal

JJ - Proven
Willis - Mystery man

You gotta transfer bruh. That USF education is not paying off right now.

Really? So that’s a championship quality DL depth chart in your opinion? If so, we just have different standards man. That’s a struggle to win the ACC Coastal type of DL. I’m trying to be great.

The top guys are top. We need more quality depth. I think Nesta is a beast and will bring some of the depth we need.

We know the quality depth problem at DT but at DE there isn't any depth whatsoever. 5 DE's with two of them being D. Jack who is just coming back from a bad injury, and Patchan who is always hurt.. I mean this couldn't be much worse. I like Patchan and Rousseau, but by the time we get to game 5 or 6, this could become a MAJOR problem.

I get that the Coaching staff was not ready for DJ Johnson to transfer, but I feel like there is no sense of urgency with the staff at DE. Chatfield and Carson were the only real targets and they missed both and we haven't heard any rumblings of a grad transfer.

Advertisement
we literally have 3 de's for spring practice...sht he had to move just for numbers to be able to practiice. If im a walk on im licking my chops there are some holes on this team that those walkons may be able to steal reps in spring

We know the quality depth problem at DT but at DE there isn't any depth whatsoever. 5 DE's with two of them being D. Jack who is just coming back from a bad injury, and Patchan who is always hurt.. I mean this couldn't be much worse. I like Patchan and Rousseau, but by the time we get to game 5 or 6, this could become a MAJOR problem.

I get that the Coaching staff was not ready for DJ Johnson to transfer, but I feel like there is no sense of urgency with the staff at DE. Chatfield and Carson were the only real targets and they missed both and we haven't heard any rumblings of a grad transfer.

Where did Johnson transfer to?

JJ - Proven
Willis - Mystery man

Do you actually believe any of this?

He been stuck at USF for too long

JJ - Proven
Willis - Mystery man

I have been concerned about this exact scenario for well over a year. Anyone who was paying attention saw this coming. When it started to become apparent that we were basically standing pat with Rousseau as our lone DE signing that concern became a reality. This is probation era type depth at DE, and even at DT. Richt better have some Juco DE's on his radar because we cannot go into the season with 5 scholarship DE's with one being a true freshman that most likely isn't ready to contribute right away.

Advertisement
JJ - Proven
Willis - Mystery man

1st of all since when is 6’1.5 305 undersized for a 3 technique?, what size was sapp? Secondly he’s the number 1 dt in the country, he’s legit .

^^
This.

Silvera will play in our DT rotation early and often

JJ - Proven
Willis - Mystery man

1st of all since when is 6’1.5 305 undersized for a 3 technique?, what size was sapp? Secondly he’s the number 1 dt in the country, he’s legit .

Amen. He is classic Cane DT size. He has quick feet and can get low on short yardage. Kid is prototypical Cane DT and the Miller kid is prefect running mate. Depth for rotation might be an issue, but two are great additions. We are not the feed farm anymore.

Advertisement
The depth isnt Clemson like or Bama like but ****...the one thing I like is that its QUALITY depth. I would rather roll with 5 lions then 100 sheep.

Garvin, JJax, and DJax are studs. Patchan I presume will be hella motivated and 100% healthy and ready to show why he was a stud out of HS. People have short memories. This kid was a prime prospect out of HS. Thats 4 guys I dont mind going to war with. Lets see how Rosseau develops. Hes a freak. If he can give us half of what Garvin gave us last year impact wise that will be enough for me.

At DT, if Willis isnt motivated after 4 years of standing idly by looking at other people ball I dont know what to tell you. This was a top 50 player in the nation. We know he can ball. Its his Dline now. He is the alpha. He has his shot. Ford if he is developed right will be a man child. Add Bethel and Silvera and the Grad Transfer and its not horrible depth. This isnt like 1997 when we had Denny Fortney and Tr-Fr Damione Lewis as our starters.

There are guys who were legit 4*s along this DLine. Time for them to start playing like it.

Last edited:
JJ - Proven
Willis - Mystery man

Aaron Donald's 6'0 feet. If you're between 6'1 and 6'4, you're good. The lower you are, the better center of gravity you have as a DT.

Advertisement
At DE the talent is tremendous, we just have zero depth. At DT, very unproven but Silvera and Ford have higher ceilings than anyone here in over 10 years. LB, very solid and this group will need to be fairly dominant. We are deep and talented at Safety and will need to play a lot of true freshman at CB. Season comes down to Ford or Silvera. One of these guys will need to emerge as a future first rounder. Bottom line, on paper we'll have Defense that is like 15-25 to start the season. Offense will need to score some points. On paper team is not ready to compete with top 5 types next year.

Move Dallas back to secondary. We need playmakers on defense. Necessary after today Rumphtastrophe.

He wouldn't be on the 3 deep. Just because we missed on the Heritage kids, don't sleep on Blades & Frierson. We only lost Dee Delaney so we are very deep in the secondary. Keep him on the offensive side of the ball if only for some wildcat packages. Just my opinion

Advertisement
Back