Scott likely candidate to be Cane's No1 receiver

Advertisement
Would not be surprised if that is the case. Dmoney told me from what he saw last off-season. Scott was Kaaya's favorite target.

I was president of the Rashawn Scott fan club when he first signed here. Im still a bit amazed that his career has been as limited as it has been. Im very hopeful that he will have an impact season this fall.

I wouldn't doubt he has the physical tools. To be a#1 you've got to be reliable. He has to stay on the field.

Advertisement
It all depends on the plays called. Kaaya will have to work with what's available to him.

From all accounts last summer, he and Kayaa had a connection. It's a shame he got hurt. We don't have a receiver like him on last years, or this years squad. He is a legitimate #1 Receiver.

Always nice to have a receiver of his caliber at your disposal. Him being on the field will help open things up for everyone else. Stacy Coley will benefit from his presence if coach Coley designs the gameplay properly.

Advertisement
That catch he made that got him hurt was unbelievable two years ago. He has the tools. He just needs to finally put this thing together.

I was president of the Rashawn Scott fan club when he first signed here. Im still a bit amazed that his career has been as limited as it has been. Im very hopeful that he will have an impact season this fall.

I recall you were high on him playboy!

If he's on the field, I think he will be. He was Kaaya's favorite receiver at camp last year before the injury.

His strength and athleticism over the middle complements Kaaya's game very well.

Advertisement
If he's on the field, I think he will be. He was Kaaya's favorite receiver at camp last year before the injury.

His strength and athleticism over the middle complements Kaaya's game very well.
I always described Scott as a solid guy who had some potential, just needed to reach it. Hopefully that's what he starts doing this year. What I was always impressed with was his physicality as a WR, especially after he got the ball in his hands. In HS, if you go back and look at his film, he would catch the ball and turn into a big RB type, running thru and over DB's. He didn't do much running around or away from defenders. He was also a jump ball guy, could really high point the ball well.

I thought he'd really only be a possession WR with some RAC ability coming in, but IF he can stay healthy, he could have a Senior season on par with the one Hurns had.

Advertisement

Kinda funny. I remember hyping up Rashawn Scott when he first signed. He wasnt a highly recruited kid out of HS. DMoney was skeptical about him and asked me why I was so high on him. My response: His HS film showed over a dozen catches that he made while literally being blanketed by a DB. That was the thing that make Michael Irvin so special. Irvin could be totally covered and still come down with balls over the middle. Rashawn Scott has that same knack for catching ball over the middle while not really having any separation from a DB.

As DMoney noted above, that specific skill fits very well with Brad Kaaya's skill sets.

Kinda funny. I remember hyping up Rashawn Scott when he first signed. He wasnt a highly recruited kid out of HS. DMoney was skeptical about him and asked me why I was so high on him. My response: His HS film showed over a dozen catches that he made while literally being blanketed by a DB. That was the thing that make Michael Irvin so special. Irvin could be totally covered and still come down with balls over the middle. Rashawn Scott has that same knack for catching ball over the middle while not really having any separation from a DB.

As DMoney noted above, that specific skill fits very well with Brad Kaaya's skill sets.

This^
Against GT ( comeback in GT), he made that sideline- acrobatic catch which moved the chain. It was in the 4 th qt with less than 5 mins left in the game.
This was a prime example of his ability to come up with the ball at all cost.

Advertisement
Back