Scott Frost

monsters inc monday GIF by Disney Pixar

Advertisement
right, but you don't know unless you have the coaching and that's my point.

If you start off by saying coaching sucks then you can't fairly evaluate the player.

My other point is he has tremendous tools.

None of what I said is irrefutable.
I guess we're effectively saying the same thing

Frost was a hot commodity when he signed with Nebraska off of the success of UCF. Same with Norvell at Memphis.

These weren’t unreasonable guys to gamble on from that level. Billy Napier will be another - I think he’ll be solid with the recruiting but who knows how it’ll end up. It’s not exactly the most mind-numbing gotcha… bumping that post from @Go Canes!! but it’s Go Canes and you’ve been following him around looking for things.

View attachment 152955

Frost was way hotter than Norvell. Frost blew off the turds, don’t forget that.

Advertisement
The problem is Nebraska. That program has so many problems. Only ever successful running the option offense, never really known for putting skill players into the league, Nebraska and the surrounding area is bereft of football talent, low education ranking, and the move to the Big10 put the finishing touches on their dead recruiting in Texas and the south. That program really is like a body that's had no pulse for 30 minutes but someone is still performing CPR. One of the great historical college programs, but its dead. Much like a dead body, the only thing that might reanimate it would be a one chance in a million bolt of lighting.

I honestly think Frost will go somewhere else eventually and have success, whether as an OC or HC.

Last edited:
Frost was way hotter than Norvell. Frost blew off the turds, don’t forget that.
Yeah, Frost of all of them was the top one. Frost, Norvell and Fuente were all seen as up & comers from lower conferences and they were reasonable takes at the time. Frost went to his alma mater, Norvell was probably affordable given the Willie Taggert buyout and Fuente moved up to VT.

Pulling up a favorable post about those coaches today from 2 or 3 years ago - and in this instance the post pulled stated something to the effect that Frost would be given time to succeed at Nebraska or whatever it was - isn’t exactly a mind blowing Gotcha from the guy who pulled the post up.

He should go to the Tom Osborne and Wisconsin models of trying to dominate getting massive trench bullies in his geographical area and build up that way.
This was said on the College Football Sunday many times , but in doing so it means they admit they suck and are actually not a real deal Div1. Program. FoRst is trying to fit his scheme to his personell.., rather than let his players play the way they know how to....and it's pitiful he can't land a QB better then Martinez in 4 years.

The whole team, Offense, Defense , STs looks like it's year 1 of a new Head CoaRch....and in year 4 that is unacceptable.

Advertisement
This was said on the College Football Sunday many times , but in doing so it means they admit they suck and are actually not a real deal Div1. Program. FoRst is trying to fit his scheme to his personell.., rather than let his players play the way they know how to....and it's pitiful he can't land a QB better then Martinez in 4 years.

The whole team, Offense, Defense , STs looks like it's year 1 of a new Head CoaRch....and in year 4 that is unacceptable.
Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Wisconsin - there’s examples to take note of if you’re Frost.

Martinez is straight up holding that team back. He can’t execute an offense its pathetic.

Lets face it, we live in a now now now society. It all eb and flows in sports. Give Frost another 15 years and Neb could turn into a powerhouse.

There are only so many Saban's and Meyers out there that turn things on a dime.

And before you say well Manny in 15 years could have Miami as a powerhouse......... No.

but hey, Maybe

Advertisement
He should go to the Tom Osborne and Wisconsin models of trying to dominate getting massive trench bullies in his geographical area and build up that way.
Honestly, embracing the downtempo, power run game is the only way they'll win games. They can't bring in the talent to play any other way. With the power O, at least you can eat and powerlift your way to an effective run game.

Lets face it, we live in a now now now society. It all eb and flows in sports. Give Frost another 15 years and Neb could turn into a powerhouse.

There are only so many Saban's and Meyers out there that turn things on a dime.

And before you say well Manny in 15 years could have Miami as a powerhouse......... No.

but hey, Maybe
Wrong...Nebraska is dead in the water...5 years, 15 years, won't matter.

I'll wager Bloat in 3 years will have a B1G title team...not a playoff contender, but a a team OSU will have to battle past for a playoff spot.

Look at Iowa State...they have blown past Nebraska, Baylor and others have as well.....they are fare gone.and it's deeper than coaches. Who the fuq wants to go to Lincoln? They can't get recruits there in a timely fashion for early commits.

Sure..Miami was kind of in the same boat, but at least we always had the state of Florida and Miami...and we've had 2017, and a decent 2020...still a marquee program... Nebraska ...not so much.

Advertisement
He had more than enough time to recruit a QB. That's on Frost
ive been saying the same thing in this thread… got tired of trying to explain it

I have t watched enough of Frosts offense at UCF vs Nebraska but the few Nebraska games I’ve watched I didn’t see much offensive identity. Not sure if that’s because of Martinez not being to make basic throws or not

Yeah these Nebraska fans keep saying that they don't invest enough recruiting on Olineman from Western Nebraska. I guess there's some untapped resource of country strong farmers there lmao.

Yeah these Nebraska fans keep saying that they don't invest enough recruiting on Olineman from Western Nebraska. I guess there's some untapped resource of country strong farmers there lmao.
No, the issue is since joining the B1G they lost pipelines into Oklahoma, Texas and Florida. They can't get those dudes anymore.

Tommy Frazier. Bradenton FL.

Nate Swift Minnesota

Josh Bullocks Tennessee

Lawrence Phillips So.California.

Irving Fryar NJ

Roger Craig.. Iowa

You get the point, they recruited Nationally...now these National recruits want nothing to do with them, primarily because of the advent of Cable TV.

Advertisement
Back