SCORE PREDICTION --- Canes - A&M

Advertisement
I’m sticking with what I’ve said from the beginning, baby doll. I am genuinely concerned about TVD/Gattis at this exact moment, under these exact circumstances. Long term they probably figure it out, but this D is the best we will face all year, and we have no elite WR or good enough chemistry to offset their talent advantage. 16 points may be generous.

If it’s any consolation I think we are more likely to blow them out then they are us.
Baby doll? 🥰

TAMU - 23, Miami - 16
I can't shake the feeling that this is going to be closer to reality than most will admit. If we're being real here there's just too much heat on them to expect them to come out flat again. Losing to App St was the worst thing for us tbh.

Josh Pate just said King and Johnson are splitting first team reps. Everyone wants to **** on Johnson, but our CB outside of Tyrique can make anyone look good. Ivey IS going to get burned at some point. That's a given. Haynes can run on our LB.

I won't be surprised if their D is jumps a pass to Restrepo because everyone in the building knows he's TVD's safety blanket.

This would be a good time for Mallory to remember he exists. He has 7 targets, 2 catches and fewer yards than Skinner, who has one catch on the season. Last week TVD had 9 incompletions and on 4 of them he targeted Mallory, who didn't catch a single pass.

But hey.. maybe they're such mental midgets that they straight give up if we score early.

Advertisement
I can't shake the feeling that this is going to be closer to reality than most will admit. If we're being real here there's just too much heat on them to expect them to come out flat again. Losing to App St was the worst thing for us tbh.

Josh Pate just said King and Johnson are splitting first team reps. Everyone wants to **** on Johnson, but our CB outside of Tyrique can make anyone look good. Ivey IS going to get burned at some point. That's a given. Haynes can run on our LB.

I won't be surprised if their D is jumps a pass to Restrepo because everyone in the building knows he's TVD's safety blanket.

This would be a good time for Mallory to remember he exists. He has 7 targets, 2 catches and fewer yards than Skinner, who has one catch on the season. Last week TVD had 9 incompletions and on 4 of them he targeted Mallory, who didn't catch a single pass.

But hey.. maybe they're such mental midgets that they straight give up if we score early.
I subscribe to the theory that we can do a lot of damage to them by getting up early. It won’t be enough to win, but it will make winning easier.

If I’m Steele, I am 100% employing the table tennis strategy I was taught at a young age: get the ball to their side of the table and let them make losing mistakes. Until you are a master, you let other people over-exert themselves and force errors. Keep the ball in front of you, return every volley, you’ll win more times than you lose. Haynes King is that guy and their OL has been that weak. I would not take a bunch of risks, I’d make them do things they haven’t yet (move the ball reliably and make winning plays) through their two games.

On offense I have very little confidence that we will look much better than them, sans the mistakes. The good news is we may not have to be much better to win.

I’m sticking with what I’ve said from the beginning, baby doll. I am genuinely concerned about TVD/Gattis at this exact moment, under these exact circumstances. Long term they probably figure it out, but this D is the best we will face all year, and we have no elite WR or good enough chemistry to offset their talent advantage. 16 points may be generous.

If it’s any consolation I think we are more likely to blow them out then they are us.
So what would be your prediction with us against App St?

Advertisement

Clemson's defense is better.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back