Score does NOT reflect the what's happening on the field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This wasn't a pretty win. Outside of the two scores, if you look at how offense vs defense did for each team, this was a very evenly matched game. Total yardage was the same for both teams. Our run blocking continues to be worrisome. Too many runs for nothing on early downs that led to third and longs. We went 3 and out, 5 times today. And 4 and out, twice more. That's 7 drives that were 4 plays or less. That sucks and was a contributing factor to the time of possession disparity.

I suspect that we won't be very effective at running the ball against our better opponents this year. After watching this game, our first against a real opponent, it feels like we're a good but not great team at this point. It's early though and our team can improve and grow. Looking at the upside from today, this was a road game against a legit opponent. A lot of good teams have dropped games against lesser opponents this year, so getting a W was nice to see, even if it was a bit ugly.

we beat trash *** non power 5 teams by an avg of 42 pts a game, and we are the greatest since sliced bread. We beat a conference foe by 2 touchdowns in a road game, own "fans" say we suck.....some of you *****es need to take your midol

Georgie Tech always gives people fits, even when they are"bad". Heck, they beat FSU last year during a 3-9 season! I'm glad we beat them playing so many young guys on D.

Yep. A little sloppy on D. Uninspiring on O. But we beat a decent team by 14 on the road. Like you said, GT has some players, and they did beat FSU.

These toads act like defense and scoring off turnovers isn't part of the game. On both plays, we forced the turnovers with aggression. It wasn't one of those deals where Thomas wasn't under pressure and just threw us the ball.

It's pretty great to have a lot to work on and still beat a decent P5 team on the road by 14.

Advertisement
This wasn't a pretty win. Outside of the two scores, if you look at how offense vs defense did for each team, this was a very evenly matched game. Total yardage was the same for both teams. Our run blocking continues to be worrisome. Too many runs for nothing on early downs that led to third and longs. We went 3 and out, 5 times today. And 4 and out, twice more. That's 7 drives that were 4 plays or less. That sucks and was a contributing factor to the time of possession disparity.

I suspect that we won't be very effective at running the ball against our better opponents this year. After watching this game, our first against a real opponent, it feels like we're a good but not great team at this point. It's early though and our team can improve and grow. Looking at the upside from today, this was a road game against a legit opponent. A lot of good teams have dropped games against lesser opponents this year, so getting a W was nice to see, even if it was a bit ugly.
You can put a lot of those stuffed runs on Rick ramming it into 8 man fronts. We were very predictable at times today on early downs. They couldn't cover our receivers.

We had 20 minutes in TOP, shut the F up.
Some of you are insufferable.

You do realise that our inability to sustain drives on a number of occasions factors into why we only had 20 minutes of TOP, right?

There was some ugly play on O today. I don't see why some people find it so offensive that others want to discuss it..

Last edited:
We have some of the worst fans around. Guys that want to be the first person *****ing about the team so they can say they were the first to see the issues.

Was it a perfect game, far from it, was it a win, absolutely. It's in to f$u *****es!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
There are always aspects of the game to improve on.

But some people need to step away from the Xbox for awhile.

OP isn't totally crazy. Truth be told, we haven't done anything from a win/loss perspective that Folden didn't do. Seasons starts next week.

Kaaya AGAIN having problems, defense can't tackle, and except for 2 plays we are getting push around. Time fir KAAYA to step up and play life a junior not a frosh. The kid does NOT impress me at all. Playing calling is very questionable too

Shouldn't you be worried about your team giving up a last second field goal against UNC?

Personally, I think we are a MUCH better tackling team than we've been the last several years (decade)

Advertisement
Road win against a division opponent with a defense relying heavily on true freshman. A 3-2 victory would have been fine.

Take the win and shut the **** up.

After watching what has been going on in college football this year, the parity, etc, nothing is a given. I'll take a win like this.
And our tackling has been anything but horrible.

Kaaya AGAIN having problems, defense can't tackle, and except for 2 plays we are getting push around. Time fir KAAYA to step up and play life a junior not a frosh. The kid does NOT impress me at all. Playing calling is very questionable too

Al! That you? Sounds like some sour grapes man.

Advertisement
OP isn't totally crazy. Truth be told, we haven't done anything from a win/loss perspective that Folden didn't do. Seasons starts next week.

Ok, but every single thing other that win/loss is something that folden couldn't do. No penalties the first half, and only 3 (I think) all game. TFL. Sacks. Play calling that takes into account what the defense is doing. Defense that tries to disrupt the opponents plan instead of trying to keep each gain under 15 yards. I could go on.

Nah, OP is right. We're doomed. We shouldn't have been fooled by 15 or so years of a winning record in the SEC.

We never should have hired Richt. We probably could have enticed Larry Coker back from UT-wherever-or-nowhere...after all, Richt has never won a NC, Coker has.

Or we could have reconsidered the rash decision to fire Randy Shannon, a guy who came out of the program and really could recruit south Florida.

Is Carl Selmer available? Is he still alive? How about Pete Elliot? Any truth to the Jon Gruden rumors? Is Gruden's son available? How about his grandson?

Anything but this guy. He's only 4-0, but against garbage. Time to close the book on this disastrous hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back