Official School "Branding Rankings"

Advertisement
What was the criteria for "brand"? By looking at the list it's just where they want to go, not any actual understanding of what a national "brand" is

Exactly. Look at the first line. Official Visit Brand score. As far as a national recognizable brand etc it's no comparison, it's definitely worded strange and very misleading IMO.

I’m in nyc. Never see Clemson gear. I see some Bama occasionally. I see Michigan but haven’t seen much if any ND.
Lots of Michigan alumni in the NY/NJ region. Folks in NYC likely can’t say what state Clemson is in. There likely isn’t a Clemson alumni within 300 miles of NYC.

It's a bad survey. If you look at the methodology it's worthless. They're using a 10 point NPS scale (NPS is an 11 point scale), and only using recruits that aren't being recruited to p5 schools. The R-squared is in the low 80s, so it's directional at best.

I'm a market researcher by trade and do a lot of survey work. This just...isn't very good.

I don’t wanna be in the top 10 of a crappy poll unless we can stay in the top 10 of a crappy poll

lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back