Official School "Branding Rankings"

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Your mileage may vary.

Screenshot_20220702-142852_Twitter.jpg

Advertisement
It's a bad survey. If you look at the methodology it's worthless. They're using a 10 point NPS scale (NPS is an 11 point scale), and only using recruits that aren't being recruited to p5 schools. The R-squared is in the low 80s, so it's directional at best.

I'm a market researcher by trade and do a lot of survey work. This just...isn't very good.

Advertisement
It's a bad survey. If you look at the methodology it's worthless. They're using a 10 point NPS scale (NPS is an 11 point scale), and only using recruits that aren't being recruited to p5 schools. The R-squared is in the low 80s, so it's directional at best.

I'm a market researcher by trade and do a lot of survey work. This just...isn't very good.
Exsqueeze me, baby doll, but any survey that has us in the top 10 is good, even if it isn’t accurate.

I know this is a survey of HS players, but if this was brands in general, I don't think Clemson belongs in the top 10. Maybe Im biased. In my unofficial bumper sticker poll (license plates, bumper stickers, stickers in windows, flags on houses, people rocking gear) Id say UM is top 5, maybe top 3. I see UM, Bama, OSU, all the time. Pretty good share of UF and Oregon stickers too. Don't remember the last time I saw a Clemson or TAMU sticker.

Advertisement
I know this is a survey of HS players, but if this was brands in general, I don't think Clemson belongs in the top 10. Maybe Im biased. In my unofficial bumper sticker poll (license plates, bumper stickers, stickers in windows, flags on houses, people rocking gear) Id say UM is top 5, maybe top 3. I see UM, Bama, OSU, all the time. Pretty good share of UF and Oregon stickers too. Don't remember the last time I saw a Clemson or TAMU sticker.
Clemson has a slide

This is dumb and means nothing but being a realist, Miami at 10 is too high. ND, Michigan, FSU, Tennessee, and probably USC should be higher imo. I do think Miami will be in that top 10 range though going forward.
You are acting like on campus facilities is what they are factoring in. You’re forgetting…
Miami Beach GIF by ATLAST
tsunami GIF

If this was truly about the biggest school brands overall, the top schools would be Michigan and Notre Dame. USC, Texas and Miami are all very well recognized national brands, as are schools like Duke, Stanford and of course Harvard Yale and Princeton.
Bama, Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma are all regional brands, not national brands outside of college football (not even basketball).
All one has to do to understand what brand is national and what Brand is regional, is travel the country, or better yet travel internationally.
The Michigan M and ND are the most seen and recognized brands. Their alumni are everywhere.

The next time I see someone wearing Bama or Clemson apparel outside of the southeast will be the first time.

Advertisement
If this was truly about the biggest school brands overall, the top schools would be Michigan and Notre Dame. USC, Texas and Miami are all very well recognized national brands, as are schools like Duke, Stanford and of course Harvard Yales and Princeton
Bama, Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma are all regional brands, not national brands outside of college football (not even basketball).
All one has to do to understand what brand is national and what Brandi’s regional, is travel the country, or better yet travel internationally.
The Michigan M and ND are the most seen and recognized brands. Their alumni are everywhere.

The next time I see someone wearing Bama or Clemson apparel outside of the southeast will be the first time.
I’m in nyc. Never see Clemson gear. I see some Bama occasionally. I see Michigan but haven’t seen much if any ND.

This is dumb and means nothing but being a realist, Miami at 10 is too high. ND, Michigan, FSU, Tennessee, and probably USC should be higher imo. I do think Miami will be in that top 10 range though going forward.
No way Tennessee is above Miami in branding. The U is so iconic pop Warner and high schools use the U. My sons optimist team being one of them in Mississippi.

Advertisement
No way Tennessee is above Miami in branding. The U is so iconic pop Warner and high schools use the U. My sons optimist team being one of them in Mississippi.

Maybe he's talking about brand popularity in Knoxville. No chance in **** that Tennessee is a more well known national brand. Both my parents are Tennessee alum, but they only wear Canes gear!

What was the criteria for "brand"? By looking at the list it's just where they want to go, not any actual understanding of what a national "brand" is

Advertisement
Back