Scholaship Injunction

Advertisement
I believe 10 over 3 years is correct, but any self-imposed ones already being unused counted and we were playing with like 80 on scholarship last year and this year as well so we should have pretty well ate up the 10 by now.

Is it 10 scholarships over 3 years? And what is the talley so far?

It is 9 scholarships, I believe over 3 years. They haven't disclosed how they have imposed them, but we have been playing under capacity for the last 3 years so we should be well past that by now.

It is -9 (total) over 3 years. We need to take at least -1 each year.

This year it appears we will use -7 of the 9

We're at 78 right now barring any craziness (includes Langham on ship). 78 is the perfect number because we take -7 this year and -1 each of the next 2 seasons.

Last edited:
Big daddy Quarterman...some advice that you probably already know. Take everything that you read on here with a grain of salt. None of us really know a **** thing, but many of us like to pretend to.

Advertisement
9 over 3 was the public announcement with at least 1 each year. Hard to tell what they have or have not taken already. But 3 a year is a kiss. Lot of time schools play under 85 anyway. But one thing for sure, you son's got one of them.

9 scholarships over the next 3 years they self imposed ships last year but the NCAA refused to acknowledge them, I believe they played at something like 76 or 77 last year, we will play at 79 or 80 this year dependent on Langham making it in. According to the Miami herald the canes can use the scholarships however they please over the next 3 years, in other words if they wanted to use 9 this year its a wrap.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/23/3704172/report-miami-hurricanes-to-lose.html

Is it 10 scholarships over 3 years? And what is the talley so far?

It is 9 scholarships, I believe over 3 years. They haven't disclosed how they have imposed them, but we have been playing under capacity for the last 3 years so we should be well past that by now.

I believe we tried to have previous scholarship sanctions taken into consideration and I believe that was denied with the NCAA. So it's 9 total over the next 3 years, including this season.

I believe we're at 80 right now so that knocks off 5.

4 more over the next two seasons won't hurt us. Like you said, we've been playing with less than 85 for years.

We could play at 83 for the next two seasons and our sanctions will be over. The penalty was hardly a penalty as most schools don't use all 85 ships.

Advertisement
The real question is which program is trying to spin it as more to cause such an inquiry?

9 scholarships over the next 3 years they self imposed ships last year but the NCAA refused to acknowledge them, I believe they played at something like 76 or 77 last year, we will play at 79 or 80 this year dependent on Langham making it in. According to the Miami herald the canes can use the scholarships however they please over the next 3 years, in other words if they wanted to use 9 this year its a wrap.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/23/3704172/report-miami-hurricanes-to-lose.html

Actually, I'm pretty sure they have to use at least 1 each of the next 3 seasons.

We could use 7 this year, then 1 each of the next two seasons.

The stench of the investigation was far, far worse than the designated penalties.

I think we take the majority (~5) this year and then we'll hardly if at all feel the reductions over the next two years.

I look at our penalty as basically time served.

The media ****storm cost us many more scholarship losses thru negative recruiting that went on for 2-3 years before we waited for the penalty than the actual penalty itself.

Not to say the self imposed bowl bans didn't hurt - but we hit those at the the right time in the middle of a coaching change.

Good question UknowWhat - how much negative recruiting do you and your son see out there? Is it a major put off etc? I (and I am assuming most of the board) would love to hear some of those types of interactions even without specifics.

I commend this admin and the coaches for handling the NCAA investigation and penalties the way it did.

We clearly learned from the shortfalls that USC had with the Reggie Bush incident.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cane248 - Rider is correct. We have to take at least 1 a year, we can't just take all 9 in one year. However, not many people outside of the staff and administration knows how the numbers will shake out with the reductions.

Advertisement
Back