Schnellenberger's Thoughts on Richt

North FL Cane

Recruit
Howard Schnellenberger: 'Mark Richt has a better chance than I had. **** yes'
“He’s got a better chance than I had, a better chance than Jimmy Johnson had. **** yes,” Schnellenberger said.

Advertisement

Christmas-Vacation-Cousin-Eddie-Meme-221.jpg

Advertisement
here's the full article

Posted by: Chris Vannini on Tuesday May 03, 2016

Will Mark Richt be successful at Miami? The program’s modern-era founder sure thinks so.

Howard Schnellenberger went 36-10 in his final four seasons at The U with their first national title, and the program rose even higher when he left, into the glory days of the '80s. Schnellenberger took over a down program and turned it into a winner. While on CaneSport Live last month, he said Richt will do the same.

“He’s got a better chance than I had, a better chance than Jimmy Johnson had. **** yes,” Schnellenberger said.

There’s obviously no shortage of regional talent, but the Canes haven’t won 10 games since 2003. Richt won at least 10 games nine times in 15 years at Georgia.

NCAA investigations were clouds over the program for years, but that’s gone. The facilities are better, but Richt has said an indoor facility is the most important thing the program needs. Schnellenberger says Miami will have one within five years, and they’d better, because even FAU is building one.

He says it won’t take long for Miami to flip the switch to get rolling.

“It doesn’t take long for kids in south Florida, the State of Miami, to be told by their coaches, their aunts and uncles and grandfathers about what the University of Miami was like,” Schnellenberger said. “When that thing gets started, and you have a guy with the success Mark has had, he’s going to be the music man. He’s going to be the leader of the band. I saw what I saw in the stadium (at the spring game). The fans have already accepted him.”

Richt will reportedly earn around $4 million annually. It was a big investment by the administration, but Schnellenberger said Richt’s return to Miami was divine intervention.

“They didn’t bring him in. God did. This was a marriage made in heaven,” he said. “You can see that from the very beginning. There wasn’t any question in his mind. There wasn’t any second-guessing by the university. They looked at each other, fell in love, they got married. It was perfect. They’re off their honeymoon now, back at work.”

Advertisement
here's the full article

Posted by: Chris Vannini on Tuesday May 03, 2016

Will Mark Richt be successful at Miami? The program’s modern-era founder sure thinks so.

Howard Schnellenberger went 36-10 in his final four seasons at The U with their first national title, and the program rose even higher when he left, into the glory days of the '80s. Schnellenberger took over a down program and turned it into a winner. While on CaneSport Live last month, he said Richt will do the same.

There’s obviously no shortage of regional talent, but the Canes haven’t won 10 games since 2003. Richt won at least 10 games nine times in 15 years at Georgia.

NCAA investigations were clouds over the program for years, but that’s gone. The facilities are better, but Richt has said an indoor facility is the most important thing the program needs. Schnellenberger says Miami will have one within five years, and they’d better, because even FAU is building one.

He says it won’t take long for Miami to flip the switch to get rolling.

“It doesn’t take long for kids in south Florida, the State of Miami, to be told by their coaches, their aunts and uncles and grandfathers about what the University of Miami was like,” Schnellenberger said. “When that thing gets started, and you have a guy with the success Mark has had, he’s going to be the music man. He’s going to be the leader of the band. I saw what I saw in the stadium (at the spring game). The fans have already accepted him.”

Richt will reportedly earn around $4 million annually. It was a big investment by the administration, but Schnellenberger said Richt’s return to Miami was divine intervention.

“They didn’t bring him in. God did. This was a marriage made in heaven,” he said. “You can see that from the very beginning. There wasn’t any question in his mind. There wasn’t any second-guessing by the university. They looked at each other, fell in love, they got married. It was perfect. They’re off their honeymoon now, back at work.”

:rickflair2:

Some senile old fool who works for FAU and was pumping Folden up as recently as two years ago.

This honeymoon **** ****es me off man, these da same fkin things they said bout AG. I want recruiting results and wins *** the noise.

It's all nonsense. All these old coaches are going to suck off the new guy. It's what they all do. Jimmy and Snellburger did it with Randy and Folden. Of course, they're going to swaddle Richt's ********s with their tongues too. It's what they do.

There's nothing probative about anything they say about other coaches.

Advertisement
Some senile old fool who works for FAU and was pumping Folden up as recently as two years ago.

This honeymoon **** ****es me off man, these da same fkin things they said bout AG. I want recruiting results and wins *** the noise.

yeah, it's totally weird for fans on a message board to speculate on a new coach isn't it?

Its always the same **** though

yeah, it's totally weird for fans on a message board to speculate on a new coach isn't it?

True, but do you expect anything different, tho? People (for the most part) are always gonna have the new guys sack dancing on their chins for the first few months after the hiring.

Advertisement

True, but do you expect anything different, tho? People (for the most part) are always gonna have the new guys sack dancing on their chins for the first few months after the hiring.
First off, you guys have ****s on your minds way too much. This is a hobby so what's wrong with getting excited about it?

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

It's all nonsense. All these old coaches are going to suck off the new guy. It's what they all do. Jimmy and Snellburger did it with Randy and Folden. Of course, they're going to swaddle Richt's ********s with their tongues too. It's what they do.

Ya i mean the world would be a better place if we all sat around being cynical douchbags who wait for **** to go wrong so we can say i told you so.

Ya i mean the world would be a better place if we all sat around being cynical douchbags who wait for **** to go wrong so we can say i told you so.

Nah. It's much better to sit there like a retarded d0uchebag slapping at your measly dyck over public comments from a guy who is never going to say anything bad about a UM HC no matter how awful they are.

How did this turn into a negative thing?? We got some weird fans. Guys talking down on the coach that got this whole thing started, others mad that were talking about our new coach before the season starts, and want wins during the off-season. I'm confused on why you come to this board during the off-season if that's the case.

Advertisement
Back