Schedule

Advertisement
It's actually a tough Non-Conf schedule. Vermont is a pereniall 25+ win team, well coached. UCF is no slouch, Rutgers will give teams a fight. All in if we come out without a loss it will be a big resume booster. That said we always take a lesser team lightly and that's usually the spark to rally the team.

Advertisement
Providence
Maryland/St louis
At UCF
Rutgers
Vermont

To the average college basketball fan, our OoC looks lousy. Not a lot of big name “****” programs. But it’s deceptively tough. Lots of solid teams on that list. Only a handful of true cupcake games.
That being said, our only games out of state are in that mini 2 game tourney in mid November. This is a doable OoC for a talented team with a lot of new faces. It would be disappointing to come out of this OoC slate with anything more than 2 losses.

If I could ask Rad for one minor thing basketball wise it would be to get a few premier home games on our schedule each year. General population sees this schedule and laughs. Why buy tickets for a bunch of no name teams.

To be clear I would go no matter who we play but that has proven to not be the case for anyone but about 100 people.

If I could ask Rad for one minor thing basketball wise it would be to get a few premier home games on our schedule each year. General population sees this schedule and laughs. Why buy tickets for a bunch of no name teams.

To be clear I would go no matter who we play but that has proven to not be the case for anyone but about 100 people.
It would be great to get an annual series with UF going.

Advertisement
Providence
Maryland/St louis
At UCF
Rutgers
Vermont

To the average college basketball fan, our OoC looks lousy. Not a lot of big name “****” programs. But it’s deceptively tough. Lots of solid teams on that list. Only a handful of true cupcake games.
I’m really looking forward to that Providence game, Ed Cooley’s teams are always tough with good perimeter Guard play. They typically shoot the 3 pretty well also.

And the Maryland game will be interesting to see how they look in year 1 of Kevin Willard’s tenure, his Seton Hall teams were almost always really good Rebounding & Defensive squads that play pretty high tempo on the fast break.

Those games IMO will tell us a lot about our Defense this season.

Last edited:

I would rather see us playing 3-4 OOC games against the mid majors like Vermont each year, those teams with RPI's between 60/70-125. Gives the team a test and is a great resume builder.

UNC Greensboro is being a little overlooked, they may have slipped a bit in the first year after Wes Miller left, but they return a solid roster that should be in the mix to being the best non-Furman team in the SoCon next year.

The early rankings of the teams on our NC schedule, per Bart Torvik (Miami is 20th on his site, FWIW):

Lafayette: 311
UNC Greensboro: 112
Florida A&M: 359
Providence: 67
Saint Louis or Maryland: 41/51
St. Francis NY: 326
UCF: 100
Rutgers: 56
Cornell: 192
St. Francis PA: 239
Vermont: 195 (I'd be surprised if they ended up this low based on their history, but they lost a ton of production from last year which I think is influencing their ranking)

Home and Away: Duke, Virginia Tech, Florida State, Louisville, NC State, Pittsburgh
Home: Virginia, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Boston College
Away: North Carolina, Notre Dame, Clemson, Georgia Tech
OOC Home: Rutgers, UNC Greensboro, Vermont, Cornell, Florida A&M, Lafayette, St. Francis(PA), St. Francis(NY)
OOC Away: UCF
OOC Neutral: Providence, Saint Louis/Maryland (Both games played in Connecticut at the Mohegan Sun Arena)

Any guesses on what the record will look like at the end of the regular season?

Last year, we went 22-9 in the regular season, 1-1 in the ACC tourney, and 3-1 in the NCAA Tourney, so 26-11 for the season

I think we can at least repeat 22-9 if not better. We do have a lot of tough matchups based on last year's records (Bold Teams), but we all know how drastically things can change in just one season in CBB. There's a lot to be optimistic about this year, for sure. I think this team has Final Four potential without a doubt, but we'll see how it all comes together come November. I'm ******* excited for this season is an understatement!

Advertisement
ACC Schedule is out

MIAMI
12/4 at Louisville
12/10 NC State
12/20 Virginia
12/30-31 at Notre Dame
1/4 at Georgia Tech
1/11 Boston College
1/14 at NC State
1/16 Syracuse
1/21 at Duke
1/24 at Florida State
1/28 at Pitt
2/1 Virginia Tech
2/4 at Clemson
2/6 Duke
2/11 Louisville
2/13 at North Carolina
2/18 Wake Forest
2/21 at Virginia Tech
2/25 Florida State
3/4 Pitt

ACC Schedule is out

MIAMI
12/4 at Louisville
12/10 NC State
12/20 Virginia
12/30-31 at Notre Dame
1/4 at Georgia Tech
1/11 Boston College
1/14 at NC State
1/16 Syracuse
1/21 at Duke
1/24 at Florida State
1/28 at Pitt
2/1 Virginia Tech
2/4 at Clemson
2/6 Duke
2/11 Louisville
2/13 at North Carolina
2/18 Wake Forest
2/21 at Virginia Tech
2/25 Florida State
3/4 Pitt
I don't remember this many early season ACC games in years past

Advertisement
ACC Schedule is out

MIAMI
12/4 at Louisville
12/10 NC State
12/20 Virginia
12/30-31 at Notre Dame
1/4 at Georgia Tech
1/11 Boston College
1/14 at NC State
1/16 Syracuse
1/21 at Duke
1/24 at Florida State
1/28 at Pitt
2/1 Virginia Tech
2/4 at Clemson
2/6 Duke
2/11 Louisville
2/13 at North Carolina
2/18 Wake Forest
2/21 at Virginia Tech
2/25 Florida State
3/4 Pitt
Sort of a weird schedule. 4 ACC games in December, 3 road games in a row in late January, and then 5 out of the last 7 are at home. At least there should only be a couple of ACC home games during Winter Break when our students aren't here (UVA on 12/20 and possibly BC on 1/11).

Advertisement
Back