Schedule

Advertisement
Please basketball team…please…give me a reason to be excited about the Canes this year!
This is actually the most excited I’ve been about College BBall in a while.

I’m really looking forward to this season & not just because of our team, but I really wanna see how a bunch of other teams are looking this year.

Over the last 4 or 5 years College has overtaken the NBA for me as far as my Basketball watching.

The College game has made a resurgence IMO in terms of quality of play, back to how it was in the 90’s-00’s.

There’s so much parity in CBB & a lot of good Basketball being played around the country.

Advertisement

I’m really looking forward to this season & not just because of our team, but I really wanna see how a bunch of other teams are looking this year.

Over the last 4 or 5 years College has overtaken the NBA for me as far as my Basketball watching.

The College game has made a resurgence IMO in terms of quality of play, back to how it was in the 90’s-00’s.

There’s so much parity in CBB & a lot of good Basketball being played around the country.
This is the most I’ve been excited about our team since the 2017-2018 team with Lonnie and Bruce. I also think it’s up for grabs this year. Would be nice to see a team like Houston make a run if it’s not Miami lol.

I’m really look forward to this season & not just because of our team, but I really wanna see how a bunch of other teams are looking this year.

There’s so much parity in CBB & a lot o good Basketball being played around the country.
Last year was bananas. Wish it had ended differently but so much fun. So many story lines last year made it one of the best hoops seasons ever. Complete reversals teams had half way thru last year with us and UNC being two of them.

Last year was bananas. Wish it had ended differently but so much fun. So many story lines last year made it one of the best hoops seasons ever. Complete reversals teams had half way thru last year with us and UNC being two of them.
Unc shouldn’t have gotten in up until they beat Duke on the road the final game of the year. I think they would have been in one of those 11 seed play ins or out completely if they didn’t beat Duke.

Unc shouldn’t have gotten in up until they beat Duke on the road the final game of the year. I think they would have been in one of those 11 seed play ins or out completely if they didn’t beat Duke.
For sure, they were dead in the water around December. FSU falling apart and not making the tournament after beating us twice, beating Duke. Crazy year. Loved it.

Advertisement
Kansas, Kentucky, Arizona, Houston, Dayton, Memphis, San Diego ST, Villanova, Michigan, Arkansas & UCLA

Are all teams (other than Miami) that will be interesting watches throughout the season & have plenty of storylines accompanied with their team that make it worth paying attention to.

Even with Duke finally without Coach K & what does UNC look like after losing the title, etc..

Can Miami make another deep run? Is Virginia back to 2019 type form? Can Baylor make another run?
Kentucky has the toughest schedule in all of D1 ball, will Coach Cal finally lead them back to a Final 4 again?

There’s just so many scenarios to keep up with for this season & that’s not even scratching the surface, this CBB year should be a good one.

**** yeah I’m ready for it too! It’s definitely above the NBA for me as well now.

Transfer portal and NIL have helped

Advertisement
I'd be shocked if Pack gives up $400k to test the waters.

If Wong shoots like he did from 3 yesterday all season, he'll be drafted.

Also, not a Cane, but since he was mentioned in the article - I think Reece Beekman is an NBA player. He dominated our guards defensively in the 2 matchups last year. I think he'll play in the NBA for many years due to his defense. His offense will come along.

Advertisement
“Our guys are really looking forward to the start of the season,” head coach Jim Larranaga said. “They’ve been working very, very hard. We’re a smaller team than we were even last year so we’re going to have some major challenges ahead of us. I think our guys are looking forward to that. They have read all of the preseason hype in our league and around the country. We look forward to playing Lafayette and getting the season started.”

The bolded part of L's quote makes it sound like Aire and Casey will not be part of the rotation at all.

Here's the full video of Coach L. It Sounds like we're going to start with a seven-man rotation and then build into an eight or 9-man rotation if I had to guess, Casey, Jovanovich, and Watson RS if there are no injuries.

Casey will play
Why? Who do you think he is going to play over?

Omier, Miller, Wooga, Wong, and Pack are the starters, and Walker and Bensley are the first two off the bench. That leaves Aire, Casey, Jakai, and Beverly for two or three spots. Jakai and Bev have been in the system the longest, so they might have the upper hand. Aire seems to be a defensive presence. So what do we expect Casey to bring to the team to contribute this year?

Advertisement
Back