Schedule Central Florida?

Advertisement
they won't schedule us. it won't fit the narrative they are trying to go for. Also they've said they are too good to do home and homes. so we would have to do a home and away with the first game in orlando bc that's what they want. They are putting high demands on their OOC scheduling then crying no one will play them.

The only reason I do it right now is to embarrass UiF and Scott Stricklin as those frauds offered a phony 2 and 1 that they knew UCF wouldn't agree to. Stricklin said they only do home and homes with Power 5 teams like FSU.

I agree to one with UCF and then I call out UF to do a home and home with us. If they balk (and they will) then they look doubly scared. You then ridicule UiF via whatever media will listen- and they will listen because you'll be the team that is giving UCF "a shot".

But Blake is too much of a bureaucrat to make bold public pr maneuvers.

Advertisement
It doesn’t matter who we play. We no longer are a team that will ever compete for national championship. We can get beat by 50 or more different teams. It does not matter if we lose to central Florida or most of the power 5 teams. Next year will be a disaster. Same bad offense and a defense that will go from elite to average.

No, it's a boring matchup, there's nothing exciting about beating UCF and losing hurts the program. UCF will likely begin to struggle again soon, even with their recent success it's going to be a hard sell to get top notch kids to go there especially when you've gone undefeated two consecutive years with nothing to show for it.

I would like a home and home with 2 SEC teams a year. Wonder if South Carolina would play us yet.
Gotta upgrade our schedule so more recruits want to stay home.

It's not the schedule. They couldn't care less about that. Alabama and others are playing mostly garbage OOC games, but kids are lining up to go there. It's about the BENEFITS. BENEFITS that Miami most likely can't match on a regular basis.

Y'all seem to think if we schedule a team we play them next season. Almost any team we put on the schedule now we won't play until like 2025. Scheduling is done YEARS in advance.

Advertisement
I hate to say it but I think they make the playoffs next year if they beat LSU. They will be a top ten team at the start of the season next year. They have another cake walk schedule and their super bowl is their home game against stanford. With Milton back they will get their shot IMO. I think it all depends on the LSU game

Advertisement
If were gonna give up a home game it better for a better program than UCF (no disrespect). Would love to see UM vs Michigan Texas or USC

I hate to say it but I think they make the playoffs next year if they beat LSU. They will be a top ten team at the start of the season next year. They have another cake walk schedule and their super bowl is their home game against stanford. With Milton back they will get their shot IMO. I think it all depends on the LSU game
Unfortunately, I have a feeling Milton’s football days are over. Feel bad for him.

Advertisement
I would like a home and home with 2 SEC teams a year. Wonder if South Carolina would play us yet.
Gotta upgrade our schedule so more recruits want to stay home.

Agree with this.
GT is the headliner on our home slate for '19.

If were gonna give up a home game it better for a better program than UCF (no disrespect). Would love to see UM vs Michigan Texas or USC

If we play in Orlando that's hardly giving up much, pretty easy trip to make on a Saturday. Miami should definitely schedule a home and away with them.
The ideal schedule to me would be:

Famu/bethune (home)
Ucf/fau/fiu (home/away, easy travel for fans, 5 hours tops)
SEC/Big-10/Any school in Cali (away/home)
Any Texas School/Notre Dame/Northeast school (away/home)

If we schedule it like that, we get to keep the annual community game with a great marching band show and bring some guys back home.
Fiu/fau is **** near cheating if you consider them an away game, and Orlando is a good recruiting trip.
3rd category should be your resume buillder.
4th category should be a recruiting trip against a decent opponent, or target area for future recruits.

Can't believe what I'm reading fans complaining sfla kids are too soft.no it's the grown ups who are soft as Charmin in sfla.found the answer to our problems fan base is like our team extra soft.

I can’t wait for their AD to get an offer from a Power 5 school and see him bolt to take it. He claims they are a top 10 program. Nah. Currently a top 10 team, but not a top 10 program. Washington is in the top 10 right now. They aren’t a top 10 program either.
We aint a top 30 team nor are we anywhere near a top 10 program yet feel compelled to criticize programs that doing what we want to be doing........winning, ranked in top 10, living up to the buzz

Advertisement
Back