Scaryman hits harder than all our LBs since...

Perryman is one of those kids that teammates are afraid to see coming to assist on the tackle, he brings the pain every time. You never see guys bouncing off his tackles, not only does he lay the wood but he usually wraps up as well. I would be shocked if he doesn't deliver 3-4 knockout blows to opponents this year.

Advertisement
When coaches teach tackling technique, they should just show Perryman highlights.

He's going to **** people up this year. It's crazy how people leave their feet when he hits them pretty much every time.

Last edited:
Thing is he has worry about the targeting rule or he gonna get tossed. This is my biggest fear.

When that rule first came out the person that immediately came to mind was Perryman. Not because he leads with the crown of his helmet, but because he form tackles and puts his helmet square in the numbers. I don't feel the referee's will be able to discern between the two in real time with much accuracy.

Much like the helmet to helmet call on D. Bush last year again VT.

I'm pretty shocked at how big he's gotten. I pray he's kept 100% mobility and that special burst he has. He will strike you.

Advertisement
Another example of how flawed the "star system" is. 3 star recruit coming out of high school.

I realize he had a ton of offers, though. Coaches got it right. Rivals got it wrong.

Give me armbrister(sp) with a few surprise hits this year as well. Heady guy who added some significant weight who got a lot of experience last year.

Advertisement
The Cane's purist are in full force.

I keeps it real though.

Dude hits harder than possibly anybody we've had here. He touches people and they drop instantly. He's already got more "highlight hits" than anybody else we've had.

I don't recall Beason thumping fools as often. I remember the Klatt blowup.

I think k9 got it. I think it's Nat.

Oh, and props to Chise for coining 'Scaryman.' Perfect.

I don't recall Beason thumping fools as often. I remember the Klatt blowup.

I think k9 got it. I think it's Nat.

Klatt jumped in Beason's arms. That hit always LOOKED worse than it really was.

Yah, but Beast FINISHED HIM!!! /mortal kombat voice. Romeo Davis would have gently lowered him to the ground.

I suggest errbody bringing names like Beason, Williams, and Rocky into the thread - along with others like The Millionaire and Tucker - go re-watch the clip in OP. As Wildcat says, this dude might be the hardest hitter in recent memory. Bring vidyeh evidence if you disagree. The only comparable hitter, I believe, isn't even a LB.

Advertisement
Unfortunately, good honest savagery will now get you a minimum of 15 yard penalty and at worst, thrown out of the game.

Its a **** shame.

Nasty Nate and Rohan Marley come immediately to mind to me though Tamarick Vanover submits via proxy the name Michael Barrow for consideration.

Let's wait and see. Vilma hit like an animal and I'd say for his age may be the hardest hitting LB we have had here. As a true soph he was killing guys while learning the MLB position on a national championship team. Very special player who never got the accolades he deserved because he followed Morgan, and wasn't a hyped recruit.

Advertisement
That's a tough debate. Wait till after this season and we can really discuss it. With the extra weight he added and the experience gained, it may be a whole different discussion. I just hope he stays healthy thru the entire season.

I dont think Beason hit as hard as D. Perryman honestly when he was in college.... Vilma is a good comparison but pound for pound Perryman hits the hardest. Now the difference is Vilma and Beason had a better nose for the ball but that could also be attributed to them playing in front of a WAY better D-line.

Advertisement
Back