Scarlett YPC

Advertisement
Yeah, this thread is serious, but not in a way that we don't think he's elite. It's more about what are we going to get from him as a running back at the next level. I was hoping that he would be our #2 next year, and someone is bring up his stats are kind of average and wants to know what the deal is.

Ok, so then if he's elite what's the problem? LOL

I wasnt that impressed with Scarlett's U-school highlights. However, he's a beast at STA. He is really keaving up to his hype. When I seen STA I saw a totally different back. He's the truth. I see Willy McG with his potential.

If any of u guys really think his highlight tape blew you away you are crazy. Maybe i saw a diff one than the rest of you, but the one i saw wasnt very good. I do think he has elite talent without a doubt though, and ultimately i think he will play to his potential while here.

5.2. That's this season's YPC. If you told me the top back in high school averaged this per carry, I would laugh. What's Scarlett's deal this year? I not a big stat boy, but wtf.

Advertisement
5.2. That's this season's YPC. If you told me the top back in high school averaged this per carry, I would laugh. What's Scarlett's deal this year? I not a big stat boy, but wtf.

Explained earlier in the thread. Really averaging 9-10 a carry. Got screwed over in Miramar game when Rizzo got suspended and STA only threw 3 times that night while Miramar continuously stacked the box.

And I'm gonna be honest. I've always been impressed with Scarlett's tape actually. He has the elite speed.

Scarlett doesn't have the need to make a whole bunch of flashy moves. He is one cut and he's gone to the endzone. He has the blend of elite size, speed, and power. And can run effectively in-between the tackles or outside. He has one **** of a stiff arm too.

Idk what highlights y'all are watching. But from his freshman all the way to his senior season this year. He's always been impressive, I mean he's matured more this season, he's learned to be more patient and pick his holes more. But he's always been impressive.

Like I've said before. His ceiling is a young Marshawn Lynch or pre injury McGahee.

Lynch ran a 4.46 at combine and Willis always ran in the 4.3 to high 4.2 before injury which is what Scarlett runs now. If you watch Scarlett very well though has a lot of similarity to both especially Willis. Scarlett run style very reminiscent of McGahee.

Last edited:
If any of u guys really think his highlight tape blew you away you are crazy. Maybe i saw a diff one than the rest of you, but the one i saw wasnt very good. I do think he has elite talent without a doubt though, and ultimately i think he will play to his potential while here.

Another mook looking to set himself up as a genius evaluator. Says he's not impressed with Scarlett in games, so he can point to that if Scarlett flops. Then says Scarlett is an elite talent who will live up to his potential at UM. LULZ.

Another mook looking to set himself up as a genius evaluator. Says he's not impressed with Scarlett in games, so he can point to that if Scarlett flops. Then says Scarlett is an elite talent who will live up to his potential at UM. LULZ.

No I honestly just wasn't that impressed with his highlight tape. But he has elite talent, and that is undeniable. Maybe I was just expecting a lot more because I know how good he can be.
I think Duke, Yearby, Dexter, and him are going to re-establish RB U for us. All I was saying was I wasn't that impressed by his Tape, like I was with Duke, Irvin, jaquan, etc...

Advertisement
So at 5.2 a carry he averages a first every two carries which to me is pretty good when hes going up against pretty good talent. How many d1 oline blockers does he have and how good is their quarterback cause if he averages 5.2 with 7 or 8 in the box thats phenomenal.

I wasn't trying to compare Gus and Scarlett as running backs. Just statistics. Scarlett is an elite athlete, Gus isn't. I wasn't comparing Gus's high schools stats playing against Staten Island jags but his stats at Miami. A common criticism of Gus is that he only plays well against inferior opponents, something that I hope isn't the case with Scarlett.

I am not really worried that Scarlett won't light it up here, but those stats are a little bit concerning especially considering St. Thomas is loaded with talent and usually fields a better team than the opposition.

Just stop reaching..

I just remember two plays from early in the season and I could tell this kid is a stud. One was that 60 something yard TD early in the season. Somebody posted a vine of it. He hit the hole quickly, showed excellent vision and the ability to move to open space and took it down the sideline. I think the next week he was hit in the backfield on a sweep and just bounced off, and ran straight upfield to the end zone. It was a short run, but he showed ability to take a hit and stay upright, and keep on moving.

I have no doubts about this kid and I see a lot of talent.

I wouldn't put too much weight on that stat.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back