Scarlett YPC

AUcane

All-ACC
Premium
5.2. That's this season's YPC, as per Barry Jackson's latest buzz column. Is that really accurate? For a supposed 4-5 star kid, that's an extremely low number especially given his size/speed. I was expecting him in the usual 7-9 ypc figure.

Can anyone comment why it's so low?

Advertisement
Its not bad for the competition he plays.....he averaged more at U School, but there competition sucked mostly dont read to much into it... just cause some of these kids average 9-10 ypc, doesn't always translate

I hear ya, but generally speaking, most 4-5 star RB kids regardless of how bad or good their teams are typically average over 7.

I can tell you it was higher before the Miramar game. STA had no QB which allowed Miramar to bring jailhouse blitzes most of the game. By the end of the year he'll be in that 7-9 yrd range. He probably averaged 20 ypc last night on 3 carries with a TD.

Advertisement
Their starting Qb Jake Rizzo was injured and didn't play against miramar. Prompting the backup Qb to start against miramar, there were only 3 pass attempts all day for St. Thomas. Miramar was just stacking the box because they knew the run was coming. Also take into account the Don Bosco game where the St. Thomas o-line couldn't get anything going. The rainy conditions slowed up the passing game and Don Bosco too stacked the box.

It was definitely the Miramar game. Muddy conditions and he went 22 carries for 45 yds.

Take that out and the rest of the season he's 23 carries - 224 yds - 9.7 ypc - 5 TD's.

The last 2 games STA has won 59-0 and 70-0, so he's only had 5 carries total.

The ypc will come up as the season goes on. No need to worry - he's still a stud.

I think he's a stud, but...

If this was Gus's stats, you all would be *****ing that he should be moved to fullback. That he can only get yards against sub-par competition.

If this was Gus's stats, you all would be *****ing that he should be moved to fullback. That he can only get yards against sub-par competition.

don't be a ****......Gus didnt play in SFL and didn't post the fastest 40 in the nation

Advertisement
Scarlett YPC has taken a little hit from the Miramar game due to Rizzo suspension as peeps have mentioned here in this thread. He's been killing it this season. STA had some blowouts too so Scarlett legs are very fresh. Gonna do a lot of damage closer to the playoffs.

Scarlett also average almost 8 YPC as a junior and sophomore. And as a freshman 10 YPC.

It will jump back up a bit. I expect it to finish out at the 7-8 range. The Miramar game hurt it due to the circumstances. But in reality. He's been averaging almost 9-10 a carry besides the **** storm he had to deal with against Miramar due to Rizzos suspension.

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to compare Gus and Scarlett as running backs. Just statistics. Scarlett is an elite athlete, Gus isn't. I wasn't comparing Gus's high schools stats playing against Staten Island jags but his stats at Miami. A common criticism of Gus is that he only plays well against inferior opponents, something that I hope isn't the case with Scarlett.

I am not really worried that Scarlett won't light it up here, but those stats are a little bit concerning especially considering St. Thomas is loaded with talent and usually fields a better team than the opposition.

If this was Gus's stats, you all would be ****ing that he should be moved to fullback. That he can only get yards against sub-par competition.

don't be a ****......Gus didnt play in SFL and didn't post the fastest 40 in the nation

Checkmate!

ray.jpg

Advertisement
Well, I just don't think Scarlett plays to his ability. Honestly, his highlight tape isn't impressive to me. Just watching his tape, I wouldn't think he is that good. But still, he has soo much talent, I still think he will be good here. Williams is the best RB we're gettting IMO.

Advertisement
Yeah, this thread is serious, but not in a way that we don't think he's elite. It's more about what are we going to get from him as a running back at the next level. I was hoping that he would be our #2 next year, and someone is bring up his stats are kind of average and wants to know what the deal is.

Yeah, this thread is serious, but not in a way that we don't think he's elite. It's more about what are we going to get from him as a running back at the next level. I was hoping that he would be our #2 next year, and someone is bring up his stats are kind of average and wants to know what the deal is.

Have you seen him play?

You all realize the 1 hottest threads are about a tackle who committed to another school and then transfered to the next school that isn't us and about one of the top 5 rbs in the country and how he isn't great. Does anybody think that's some stupid **** to be discussing?

Well, I just don't think Scarlett plays to his ability. Honestly, his highlight tape isn't impressive to me. Just watching his tape, I wouldn't think he is that good. But still, he has soo much talent, I still think he will be good here. Williams is the best RB we're gettting IMO.

images.jpeg

Advertisement
Back