Scarlett update

if he comes in he will play. i think dexter and walton might redshirt.

IMO since Dexter is enrolling early he could make a statement. I think he needs to because he can fill out a lot but once Scarlett gets on campus in the summer he could be pretty far behind dex, just how fast can he get caught up. I agree though, i think Walton definitely red shirts then in the end with dex enrolling early he gets good experience battling it out and then red shirts and puts on size to catch scarlett and we have the best backfield in the country for several years to come

When it comes to RBs playing as freshman its really about pass protection, scheme and speed of the game. If the kid plays in a scheme that taught the right fundamentals for a RB then there is a greater chance for that kid to play right away even while enrolling in early summer. Im talking about making the correct read whether its power or zone or stretch.

Pass protection is a thing that many are not taught the basics of as well as worked on as frequent as it will be on the college level. Thats one thing that will really help an EE but if a kid has been taught the correct way then its just dealing with terminology and the speed of the game.

Advertisement
This kid is as much of a Cane as Patrick Johnson and Amari Cooper were at that stage of their recruitment.

Once the bowl season ends, kids will begin to take stock of the programs they are considering. THAT is when kids make moves. SEC money also breaks late in the process.

Im not saying the kid won't stick, but I AM saying the time for this kid to have doubts hasn't even begun yet.

Advertisement
Back