Scarlett update

CanesNation55

Thunderdome
St. Thomas Aquinas High School RB and Cane commitment Jordan Scarlett says he hasn't set up any official visits yet but that he "may" take all five trips.

"I don't know where I'll visit yet," he said, adding that "I'm going to set up my Miami visit date soon."

Last week he got a visit at his school from Cane coaches Hurlie Brown and Tim Harris.

"They were with me for around 10 minutes, were just saying they were glad to see me and things like that," Scarlett said. "Coach Hurlie is my main recruiter. He's a great guy, talks about football and family with me. I like him a lot."

Scarlett also spoke on the phone with coach Al Golden - "He just said he's excited to have me going there," Scarlett said.

Despite recent rumors that he might be wavering, Scarlett says he's a "really strong" Hurricane commitment.

"It's a dream to have committed to that school and I wouldn't think of any other school that would change my mind," Scarlett said.

He says of the recruiting class coaches are putting together that "we're going to be real good. I think we can make an impact right away."

And, for his own chances of making an early impact, Scarlett said, "I see myself playing as a freshman. I'm looking to go in there and just earn a spot and whatever happens, happens."

He says of the Canes' future that "we'll be as good as we make it. We just have to go out and put in the work."

Advertisement
The only people starting rumors are fans of other Teams...smh..... this kid s goin to be a stud for us.... lets just make sure Ice n Coach Brown can close

Lol, only thing that will put me at ease....signing that LOI. wish he was an EE...smh

funny how this goes from U school and not even considering us to being one of the strongest commits

Advertisement
Hes gonna get over 100 carries here next season. I'm hoping that a **** depth chart and early PT win out.

Cannot to lose this guy. A rotation of Yearby, Gus, Scarlett, Dex, and Walton on deck? Now THAT is some good depth.

He is not coming here, wait and see.

The funny thing about this kid is that I actually think he sticks only IF we keep Al. LOL. Imagine that. I think he likes the coaching staff (mainly Ice/Hurlie) and has formed a good bond with them. **** anything is possible. UF went 4-8 last year and had a top 10 class.

(I still want Al gone but I really want to keep this kid.)

Advertisement
Just gotta R-E-L-A-X

Scarlett on Miami's 6-6 season:
"You know, Miami came out strong, had a good season. They took a tough loss to FSU by a couple points and that kind of threw off our season for the rest of the year. We didn’t really finish the way we wanted too, but that’s alright, I’m not really on the team yet. Next year, when I get on the team, I’ll make the best of what we got."

That's a very pro cane quote right there if he's talking like that and using "we" and "our".

Just gotta R-E-L-A-X

"You know, Miami came out strong, had a good season. They took a tough loss to FSU by a couple points and that kind of threw off our season for the rest of the year. We didn’t really finish the way we wanted too, but that’s alright, I’m not really on the team yet. Next year, when I get on the team, I’ll make the best of what we got."

That's a very pro cane quote right there if he's talking like that and using "we" and "our".

Al will f&*k it up.

Advertisement
Just gotta R-E-L-A-X

Al will f&*k it up.

negged-1-2.gif~original

Advertisement
The only people starting rumors are fans of other Teams...smh..... this kid s goin to be a stud for us.... lets just make sure Ice n Coach Brown can close

If i had faith in anyone on our staff to close out a big time recruit it would be Hurlie Brown or Ice Harris and luckily it's both of them

if he comes in he will play. i think dexter and walton might redshirt.

IMO since Dexter is enrolling early he could make a statement. I think he needs to because he can fill out a lot but once Scarlett gets on campus in the summer he could be pretty far behind dex, just how fast can he get caught up. I agree though, i think Walton definitely red shirts then in the end with dex enrolling early he gets good experience battling it out and then red shirts and puts on size to catch scarlett and we have the best backfield in the country for several years to come

hope we get a new coach soon, guys like duke and DP have showed that they can be successful despite ****** coaching but guys like this want to win, and i would hate for a talented kid like this to go through three or four years of 6 and seven win seasons.

Advertisement
Back