Scammers pretending to be FP&L--Be aware fellow Canes

Advertisement
Received a call today from someone claiming I had not paid and they were about to cut off my FP&L power in 30 minutes but I could pay over phone. I saw the number and it was 786-544-5312...Called FP&L and they filled out a scam fraud report. I was told this happening now..
Good catch. Thanks for the warning. Trust nothing on phone, email, or text or mail for that matter. Lived here virtually my whole life. FPL will send a written over do notice but if you get within 30 minutes they just shutting it off and moving on. Anyone calls asking for money is a strong and solid NO all the time. ****, I make my kids get their mother to call me to verify it was them. Just kidding gut you get my point.

Just a heads up in general- FPL isn't disconnecting power for anyone until they return to "normal" business in July.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The IRS scams are some of the biggest going.

I had a scammer call me years ago saying he was DEA, it’s a long story, but I kept them on the phone and occupied for a couple of hours (with callbacks and going up the line) promising I was going to pay to “get out of trouble”

It was hilarious, when I finally got to the DEA “boss” I jerked him around a little and then finally asked him if the DEA sucked dlcks and would he suck my dlck. The guy was totally shocked. I turned the scam around on him. Got those scammy asśh0les good. They thought they were getting a big payment from me. I think it was around like five or ten grand.

We received a call from one of our hacked vendors a few weeks back with a message and name sent from their [hacked vendor] e-mail server

Asked that we change EFT payment to their "new bank account". If not for the quick thinking of one of my staff, untold chaos would have ensued.

Vendor's entire system was compromised.

And to think, I thought only people in movies had those kind of skills. Hmmmmm.

Advertisement
Back