Scaife

Told you guys in the off-season that Scaife was going to take someone’s lunch money and wind up starting. He was just too special of a prospect to not get a gig.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wouldn’t be surprised to see this week’s starters:

LT. St. Louis
LG. Boulware
C. Gauthier
RG. Donaldson
RT. Scaife
(And maybe switch RT and LT later in game or season)

QB. Perry
TE. Jordan
RB. Homer
WR. JT
WR. Cager
WR. Hightower (my gut says AR82 gets some snaps in this week)

I wouldn’t be surprised to see this week’s starters:

LT. St. Louis
LG. Boulware
C. Gauthier
RG. Donaldson
RT. Scaife
(And maybe switch RT and LT later in game or season)

QB. Perry
TE. Jordan
RB. Homer
WR. JT
WR. Cager
WR. Hightower (my gut says AR82 gets some snaps in this week)

Wasn’t AR already ruled out?

You guys realize we are taking another step forward. We’ve found our playmaking QB who instantly upgrades our entire offense, and now the OL is starting to come together - the best 5 are emerging.

Don’t know if you realize how huge this is, because it even helps our defense tremendously by not having so much pressure on them each game.

OL and QB, fellas. Huge.

Advertisement
If Scaife could hold the line at LT, that would truly be the best possible outcome.

This. I used to think StL could hold down LT and scaife would move into RT and move ND inside. That’s the scenario you want but StL is really struggling and I am hesitant to put a true fr at left tackle.

Next year could be Scaife-Boulware-Gaynor-Donaldson-Neal or even flip Neal and Scaife

With Hillery, Campbell, Herbert, and Mahoney as depth

Hate to look forward with what this season could be but...

we still seem short on depth and talent on the Oline. need some true tackles next couple of cycles as well as some JUCO help.same goes ford line depth and Jucos need asap. top teams win in the trenches
take a look at the current ACC Bully Clemsons D line.........

Advertisement
Tackle position is huge liability, both St. Louis and Donaldson have been terrible and are going to get Kosi killed. Scaife seems to be one of our best OL and needs to be on the field IMO

Advertisement
If Gaynor hasn't cracked playing time with this nightmare o-line yet then I'm not marking him down for anything in the future. Not buying the redshirt now to stabilize the line later thing. The staff knows we're a suitable o-line away from having a real offense.

Mahoney won't get benched. The staff has been saying he has graded out as the best o-linemen.

Next year could be Scaife-Boulware-Gaynor-Donaldson-Neal or even flip Neal and Scaife

With Hillery, Campbell, Herbert, and Mahoney as depth

Hate to look forward with what this season could be but...

Flip Campbell and Neal and add Reed.

Neal has a chance to be special but he probably starts at G and his future depends on the shape he is in.

Also think Campbell will be a really good Tackle

Advertisement
Back