Scaife

edge

Junior
Super impressed with Scaife last game.

First he came in and played RT. He locked it down and bullied the right side of the line. Had very good balance in pass pro.

Now here is what was impressive. I watched 78 get beat on the speed rush all game. Scaife came in at LT and locked that side down. FIU speed rush did not work against Scaife. His balance and power are rare.

Bottom line is we have a good one here. I would not at all be surprised if at some point this season are starting line became Scaife, Boulware, Gauthier, Donaldson, and St. Louis from Left to Right.

Advertisement

First he came in and played RT. He locked it down and bullied the right side of the line. Had very good balance in pass pro.

Now here is what was impressive. I watched 78 get beat on the speed rush all game. Scaife came in at LT and locked that side down. FIU speed rush did not work against Scaife. His balance and power are rare.

Bottom line is we have a good one here. I would not at all be surprised if at some point this season are starting line became Scaife, Boulware, Gauthier, Donaldson, and St. Louis from Left to Right.
they are working him at Lt Tackle too.

Scaife Gave up a pressure in that game, but so did Navaughn and st.louis who got beat cleanly on a sack. I Ideally would want him at right tackle but he might can play left tackle and that way we could move Tyree back to right tackle where he played better last year at. And then Donaldson could slide inside at one of the guards.

Best group imo

LT St. Louis, scaife*
Guard Boulware
C Gauthier
Right guard Donaldson
Rt Scaife
Wouldn’t be surprised if this is what it ends up being in the near future

Advertisement
Both Scaife and Boulware are athletic OLinemen. That's what separates effective OLines from mediocre OLines.

Totally agree... Donaldson and St Louis at RG & RT was a good thing going. I think it was St Louis' senior year, and the staff wanted to give him a shot at LT, as that's the money position (protecting the QB's blindside) entering the draft.

Boulware and Scaife are the most athletic O'Linemen we have; that's ready to play. I've posted the idea of this lineup on this board before:

LT Boulware, LG Gauthier, C Gaynor, RG Donaldson, RT St. Louis

Due to youth, I didn't envision Scaife at LT, but thought Boulware would be a fit there, for the same reason Scaife works there - Athleticism.

Thought of Gauthier at LG to continue to make the calls the line & Gaynor who has been said to be ready to go. That said, no problem with the Line you proposed. We'll be lighter on the left side, but definitely more athletic there.

Scaife Gave up a pressure in that game, but so did Navaughn and st.louis who got beat cleanly on a sack. I Ideally would want him at right tackle but he might can play left tackle and that way we could move Tyree back to right tackle where he played better last year at. And then Donaldson could slide inside at one of the guards.

Best group imo

LT St. Louis, scaife*
Guard Boulware
C Gauthier
Right guard Donaldson
Rt Scaife
Wouldn’t be surprised if this is what it ends up being in the near future

Well have to backtrack a bit on this one. I did not realize Scaife actually gave up the sack on 4th and goal. He got beat pretty bad on that one. Perry probably should have ran the ball there, but Scaife definitely got beat. All in all he graded out pretty well.

Advertisement
He gave up a sack or a pressure on speed rush, I think on the fourth down. From LT. He is a freshman and it happens, seems like a good player, it was in hurricane vision breakdown.

If anything changes it will be Scaife, Mahoney/Donaldson, Gauthier, Donaldson/Mahoney, and St. Louis from Left to Right. If U haven't heard Mahoney has been the top rated linemen so far so he's not losing his starting job...

If anything changes it will be Scaife, Mahoney/Donaldson, Gauthier, Donaldson/Mahoney, and St. Louis from Left to Right. If U haven't heard Mahoney has been the top rated linemen so far so he's not losing his starting job...
Where’s Boulware?

Advertisement
We might as well start getting him ready to be our LT for the next 3 years. He will be our guy next year, get him plenty reps in mop time this year as we’ve been doing.

If Scaife could hold the line at LT, that would truly be the best possible outcome.

Advertisement
Always saw Scaife as a trench bully & expected him to play inside. Watching him move around at the tackle spots was an eye opener. Tough, athletic, good feet, & a mean streak that jumped off the screen when he was punking dudes at the Under Armour AA game. This guy's the real deal.

Scaife had a very good game minus the 4th down play. Like others have said, I would put Scaife in at either T spot, keeping St Louis as the other T. Put Boulware in at LG, Gauthier/Gaynor at C, and put the mountain beast back I. At RG where he dominates.

Scaife and Tito really showed some promise. I'm confident our line play on both sides of the ball will improve drastically if Scaife can lock down RT and move Donaldson to G, and if Tito can lock down beside Willis with Bethel and nesta in rotation.

Advertisement
Back