Saw this poll on twitter and there was some good responses.

Which incoming freshman are you most excited to see play?

• Avantae Williams

• Jaylan Knighton 🐓

• Or the God Father, Don Chaney

• Keyshawn Smith 👶

Results are only viewable after voting.
Advertisement
The easy answer is one of the rbs. Tae and keshawn will have to battle for playing time while chaney and knighton will be one camron Harris injury away from starting. I like knighton to have a bigger impact as a freshman cause he’s more versatile.

The easy answer is one of the rbs. Tae and keshawn will have to battle for playing time while chaney and knighton will be one camron Harris injury away from starting. I like knighton to have a bigger impact as a freshman cause he’s more versatile.
I voted Knighton because I think he’ll explode. I don’t see Tae getting on the field very often. I do see Keyshawn cracking the WR rotation if he continues running by our DBs for contested bombs in practice.

Advertisement
Michael Redding
Tirek Austin-Cave
Don Chaney
Keyshawn Smith
Marcus Clarke or Isaiah Dunson (although I doubt either one will play much if any at all)
Xavier Restrepo
Tyler Van Dyke (I know he's going to Redshirt but I'd love to see him in the 2nd half vs Wagner or UAB).

Advertisement
I was watching Clarke's highlight today again. He can really scoot with the ball in his hands. He couldve been a nice offensive weapon. I hope he pans out at cb.. He's got talent. And I hope we give Avantae a chance at PR as he is gifted in the return game.

I have a feeling Knighton will be impactful with some very explosive plays in this offense. I get the feeling he's going to be one of those "Wow he's fast" type of guys.

I can hear Kirk Herbstreat now “ I want to remind the viewers at home that this kid is a true freshmen.
He was highly recruited out of south Florida. And when you watch him play he’s going to remind you Of a guy that played here before named Duke Johnson. Because of his speed, versatility and big play ability. Look for the Canes offense to try and get him the ball in space. It should be fun to watch.”

Advertisement
Michael Redding
Tirek Austin-Cave
Don Chaney
Keyshawn Smith
Marcus Clarke or Isaiah Dunson (although I doubt either one will play much if any at all)
Xavier Restrepo
Tyler Van Dyke (I know he's going to Redshirt but I'd love to see him in the 2nd half vs Wagner or UAB).

With the new rule, we might see TVD, even if he redshirts, though I expect Kosi goes in 2nd

Advertisement
Results may be a bit skewed due to me being allowed to select all four. Please advise on how I can correct this or restart the thread.

Rooster.jpg

Advertisement
Back