Saw this on 247 site and they remnoved it for some reason

That's because coaches refused to come down to the inner city to see the kids. Once HS, JJ and Erickson showed true interest in the kids by going into the community, parents preferred UM and we got ALL THE BEST SFLA kids. Shockey said it best, "If UM got all the best kids from SFLA you wouldn't hardly ever lose a game.....he said wouldn't lose a game n 20 years but we got the point of what he meant".

Now Nick Saban is not only showing up to kids homes but shortly after he leaves he's leaving McD bags that don't have Big Macs in them :ROFLMAO:
If we go anything worse than 9-3 next season I am flying down to Miami and rioting inside the BOT and James' offices to have Manny fired. And I am a "slurper"
Depends on the circumstances. For instance, if King, Van Dyke, Garcia, and Matocha are all knocked out by Week 6, then there are exceptions. And although unlikely I'll use that as an example. I remember distinctly Baylor having to play without a quarterback at the end of its season a few years ago due to injury.

Advertisement
In rare exceptions, head coaches get 4 years. No doubt Diaz gets canned if the program takes any step back this year. The first sign of good news is we did not give him an extension, which would have been so Miami.

The other issue is what to do with Jim Larranaga?. His contract goes through 2024-2025. He might be given another pass because we are down to barely 6 scholarship players. Regardless, after the 2021-2022 season, if Miami has another losing season or fails to make the tournament, he is going to get canned if he does not do "Richt" thing and retire.

Honestly, and this is honestly,...I don’t get too riled about Manny anymore. We can go 6-7 this yr, and I’m not going to be upset w him. I’ll be mad, sure; maybe even clown (well, I know I will), but he’s just a pawn.

My full attention, just looking at the state of the Athletics of this University, is fully on Blake James. He’s the only one that needs to be looked at. He can’t keep skating by if chit continues to go to ****.

Honestly, and this is honestly,...I don’t get too riled about Manny anymore. We can go 6-7 this yr, and I’m not going to be upset w him. I’ll be mad, sure; maybe even clown (well, I know I will), but he’s just a pawn.

My full attention, just looking at the state of the Athletics of this University, is fully on Blake James. He’s the only one that needs to be looked at. He can’t keep skating by if chit continues to go to ****.
This is the source of the problem. Manny Diaz and Gino DiMare are his two big hires and, while qualified, both give the appearance of being hired because they were the easy/lazy decision to make without having to actually do a search because then you'd have to know what actually makes for a good coach.

We ain’t winning 6, 7 or even 8 games this year.

Outside of the DL we will be deeper, more experienced and more talented at every position group in 2021.

As I told my son, the athletic department from a competitive standpoint is the worst it has ever been. Even tennis is mediocre this year. Women's soccer scored 3 goals in 9 games. Losing season in conference play for women's basketball. We will see how baseball pans out. This past weekend was very disappointing. It's not that they lost the series to Virginia Tech, which actually is a well put together team, but it is how they lost.

No reason whatsoever Miami is not in the top third of the conference in all sports and definitely in the top half.

Advertisement
Leave it to Barry Jackson to put those comments out there.
On the heels of his tweet about the basketball season coming down to a lack of depth due to bad luck with injuries. You know what else hurts your depth? Having a roster three below the allotted scholarship maximum.

This is the source of the problem. Manny Diaz and Gino DiMare are his two big hires and, while qualified, both give the appearance of being hired because they were the easy/lazy decision to make without having to actually do a search because then you'd have to know what actually makes for a good coach.
Why were either of them qualified for the Miami job at that point in their careers, and especially without a search? DiMare was the top assistant on the first two Miami teams to miss the postseason in 40 years and was handed the job right after that.

In rare exceptions, head coaches get 4 years. No doubt Diaz gets canned if the program takes any step back this year. The first sign of good news is we did not give him an extension, which would have been so Miami.

The other issue is what to do with Jim Larranaga?. His contract goes through 2024-2025. He might be given another pass because we are down to barely 6 scholarship players. Regardless, after the 2021-2022 season, if Miami has another losing season or fails to make the tournament, he is going to get canned if he does not do a "Richt" thing and retire. Extending Larranaga after the 2017-2018 season after losing in the first round was idiotic. Where was a 66-year guy going? But then that was so Miami.

Quite frankly, if Diaz fails, then James needs to be fired with him.

I don't think the 2021 team flops bad enough to get Manny fired. But if Manny goes 8-4 which would be disappointing but not necessarily fireable in year 3, you fire James and bring in a new AD who makes that call after Diaz's 4th year. As other posters have said, Miami's sports programs aren't where they need to be and fingers should be pointed at Blake James as he is the man in charge.

With that said though, if football does it's thing and wins 10+ as they should, all is well.

Why were either of them qualified for the Miami job at that point in their careers, and especially without a search? DiMare was the top assistant on the first two Miami teams to miss the postseason in 40 years and was handed the job right after that.
You can certainly debate whether or not they were at an acceptable level for Miami, but you can't say they weren't qualified for the job title. It's not like hiring a grad assistant to lead.

Advertisement
Not all records are created equal, as silly as that may sound for the "you are what your record says you are" folks.

So it's somewhat silly to debate, but I don't think he survives a 6 or 7 win season. 7 is probably the realistic number where it gets really hairy. 7-5 would be very interesting. But any less and I think he's almost certainly gone. Any more and I think he almost certainly stays.

"The UM staff has discussed whether to keep Jalen Harrell at safety or play him at striker, according to a Harrell associate." Harrell, who weighed 180 pounds at Hialeah Champagnat, has bulked up and now weighs more than 200 pounds.

"One thing that helps any football coach at UM, according to a trustee is, president Julio Frenk is “indifferent about sports.”

"Some feedback from my annual chat with a few of the University of Miami’s Board of Trustee members:"
"There was immense disappointment about how the season closed — “the North Carolina game was not acceptable,” one said — but encouragement about the recruiting class and Diaz’s decision to run the defense."

"One Trustee said Diaz should be replaced if UM doesn’t win 10 games in 2021, but I very much doubt that would happen. As long as Diaz has a winning season, I expect he would return in 2022 for the fourth year of his contract."

"If the Canes have an 8-or-9 win season, I don’t sense this Board of Trustees has a significant number of heavy-handed, force-the-issue members who would try to force athletic director Blake James to make a change even if the program isn’t top-10 caliber."
"Now if UM is winning six or seven games each of the next two seasons, that’s another story, because a buyout of the final year of Diaz’s five-year contract would be palatable under those circumstances."

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article249436980.html
So that means the 10 win complainer is a mope and demands excellence. Kudos to you good sir

Manny has gone 6-7 and 8-3 in his first two seasons.

And the product on the field has not even come close to passing the eye test. Manny's teams in 2 years under his leadership have suffered many of the worst/most embarrassing losses all time at Miami (UNC this year, LA Tech, and FIU last year, etc.).

I'll give him credit that the offense looks to be making strides in the right direction with Lashlee, but it's still TBD, cause alot of last years progress was all D'Eriq.

If Miami and Manny end this season at 8-9 wins and again don't pass the eye test, don't look to be making significant team & player development progress, or suffer another embarrassing loss, then his job and Blake's need to be turned over. Manny just clearly won't be the guy if we don't see progress this year

You can certainly debate whether or not they were at an acceptable level for Miami, but you can't say they weren't qualified for the job title. It's not like hiring a grad assistant to lead.
The Miami part of it is a factor as to whether they are qualified for the job or not. You can't just ignore that or you are saying the qualifications for Alabama are the same as FIU.

Advertisement
The Miami part of it is a factor as to whether they are qualified for the job or not. You can't just ignore that or you are saying the qualifications for Alabama are the same as FIU.
I'm saying that both are qualified for head coaching positions in their respective sports. Period.

I'm saying that both are qualified for head coaching positions in their respective sports. Period.
I understand, but I am saying that is a ridiculous statement. You're essentially saying every head coach or manager requires the same qualifications and experiences, throwing out the level of sport, size of the program, or any other nuance that plays into whether someone should be hired for a given role. Based off your statement, Diaz should replace Andy Reid and DiMare should take over the Dodgers because they are qualified to be head coaches in their sport.

Herman goes 7-6, 10-4, 8-5, 7-3, plays in the Big12 conference game, goes 4-0 in bowl games, including winning a NY6 bowl all in his first 4 yrs, and they like naw! Lol.

We become perennial 8 game winners, and we like that’s OK. Lol.
And they have muschamp to show for it. Whoopty ******* doo.

Advertisement

The other issue is what to do with Jim Larranaga?. His contract goes through 2024-2025. He might be given another pass because we are down to barely 6 scholarship players. Regardless, after the 2021-2022 season, if Miami has another losing season or fails to make the tournament, he is going to get canned if he does not do a "Richt" thing and retire. Extending Larranaga after the 2017-2018 season after losing in the first round was idiotic. Where was a 66-year guy going? But then that was so Miami.

Quite frankly, if Diaz fails, then James needs to be fired with him.

The people that think Diaz is getting a pass for 8 win seasons are the non-attending, non-contributing message board chronics that have no clue as to the pulse of Miami boosters and influencers....and of course they wouldn’t, they’re not around the people that invest in the program.

So they take snippets from a struggling hanger-on like Barry Jackson and treat them like they’re God's word to Moses.

Barry Jackson has failed so often on his BOT insider drivel, yet they take what he describes as his “sense” of what the BOT would do as some kind of set in stone edict.

It’s quite possible that Barry’s only source on the BOT is some member that has very little direct or interactive influence on football, or even knows very much what’s happening with football. Unfortunately, most people don’t understand the BOT structure, who the influential members are, and who are the ones that drive the football decisions. Just typical CIS ignorance.

And, I seriously doubt that those BOT members that drive football decisions are going to be offering any kind of a nugget at this time to Barry Jackson. The only time they would ever need Barry Jackson, is when they want to leak something purposely to the media. If they ever felt they needed to do that. Otherwise he’s just a useless stooge to them.

Last edited:
I understand, but I am saying that is a ridiculous statement. You're essentially saying every head coach or manager requires the same qualifications and experiences, throwing out the level of sport, size of the program, or any other nuance that plays into whether someone should be hired for a given role. Based off your statement, Diaz should replace Andy Reid and DiMare should take over the Dodgers because they are qualified to be head coaches in their sport.
No, I'm saying they at least meet the minimum qualifications for the job. That's all. I'm not saying we couldn't or shouldn't have done better. My entire comment was about Blake James and the appearance of laziness, not the qualifications of his hires.

Advertisement
Back