Saw this on 247 site and they remnoved it for some reason

CarolCityHigh

Freshman
"The UM staff has discussed whether to keep Jalen Harrell at safety or play him at striker, according to a Harrell associate." Harrell, who weighed 180 pounds at Hialeah Champagnat, has bulked up and now weighs more than 200 pounds.

"One thing that helps any football coach at UM, according to a trustee is, president Julio Frenk is “indifferent about sports.”

"Some feedback from my annual chat with a few of the University of Miami’s Board of Trustee members:"
"There was immense disappointment about how the season closed — “the North Carolina game was not acceptable,” one said — but encouragement about the recruiting class and Diaz’s decision to run the defense."

"One Trustee said Diaz should be replaced if UM doesn’t win 10 games in 2021, but I very much doubt that would happen. As long as Diaz has a winning season, I expect he would return in 2022 for the fourth year of his contract."

"If the Canes have an 8-or-9 win season, I don’t sense this Board of Trustees has a significant number of heavy-handed, force-the-issue members who would try to force athletic director Blake James to make a change even if the program isn’t top-10 caliber."
"Now if UM is winning six or seven games each of the next two seasons, that’s another story, because a buyout of the final year of Diaz’s five-year contract would be palatable under those circumstances."

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article249436980.html

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe this is just me, but how does the prez being "indifferent" about sports translate into helping the head football coach?....I'd think that it would be the other way around
Interesting that UM football had its greatest period of success under President Tad Foote who was downright hostile to football, the image of the team, and it's head coaches.

Interesting that UM football had its greatest period of success under President Tad Foote who was downright hostile to football, the image of the team, and it's head coaches.
That's because coaches refused to come down to the inner city to see the kids. Once HS, JJ and Erickson showed true interest in the kids by going into the community, parents preferred UM and we got ALL THE BEST SFLA kids. Shockey said it best, "If UM got all the best kids from SFLA you wouldn't hardly ever lose a game.....he said wouldn't lose a game n 20 years but we got the point of what he meant".

Now Nick Saban is not only showing up to kids homes but shortly after he leaves he's leaving McD bags that don't have Big Macs in them :ROFLMAO:

The source said “ Now if UM is winning six or seven games each of the NEXT TWO SEASONS, THAT’S ANOTHER STORY, because a buyout of the final year of Diaz’s five-year contract would be palatable under those circumstances."

LMAO

This tickled me. Guy goes 6-7, 8-3, potentially 6-7 again & he gets a 4th yr as a HC, where he wasn’t supposed to be coach in the 1st place?? Oh, & they wouldn’t put pressure on James if he win 8 or 9 games? Is Blake not the AD? Why would he need to be pressured? If he can’t.......

U know what, nvm.

Rinse repeat.. 8-9 wins is acceptable because majority of fans will be able to tailgate, donate and in drunk stupor be able to sing "its great to be a miami hurricane" while we get our **** pushed in, in the games that actually matter.. These guys know its close to failure when you have the "hey lets get to year 5 on buyout because it will be palatable" talk.. rinse repeat

Advertisement
That's because coaches refused to come down to the inner city to see the kids. Once HS, JJ and Erickson showed true interest in the kids by going into the community, parents preferred UM and we got ALL THE BEST SFLA kids. Shockey said it best, "If UM got all the best kids from SFLA you wouldn't hardly ever lose a game.....he said wouldn't lose a game n 20 years but we got the point of what he meant".

Now Nick Saban is not only showing up to kids homes but shortly after he leaves he's leaving McD bags that don't have Big Macs in them :ROFLMAO:
Foote detested the football program for the 20 years he served as UM President (1981-2001). My point is that college presidents have little effect on success on the field, one way or the other. Think the other email's point was better to have a disinterested college administration than a meddling one.

Rinse repeat.. 8-9 wins is acceptable because majority of fans will be able to tailgate, donate and in drunk stupor be able to sing "its great to be a miami hurricane" while we get our **** pushed in, in the games that actually matter.. These guys know its close to failure when you have the "hey lets get to year 5 on buyout because it will be palatable" talk.. rinse repeat

Herman goes 7-6, 10-4, 8-5, 7-3, plays in the Big12 conference game, goes 4-0 in bowl games, including winning a NY6 bowl all in his first 4 yrs, and they like naw! Lol.

We become perennial 8 game winners, and we like that’s OK. Lol.

Advertisement
I read Herman hated working at UT and was looking for a way out.

Yeah my boy who’s a booster for UT said Herman didn’t like the pressure. Houston & UT is two different beast. Texas sticks their nose in ur biz. I believe when UT took a step back after that 10 win season in Tom’s 2nd yr, it became contentious. Then how UT started off this yr became nuclear on both sides.

Advertisement
Maybe this is just me, but how does the prez being "indifferent" about sports translate into helping the head football coach?....I'd think that it would be the other way around
99.99% of school Presidents are indifferent/passive-aggressive towards athletics on a personal basis. That same number has ZERO actual authority over the ADs.

The seat(s) of power (in regards to ADs) are al. within Booster/BoT rooms.

Herman goes 7-6, 10-4, 8-5, 7-3, plays in the Big12 conference game, goes 4-0 in bowl games, including winning a NY6 bowl all in his first 4 yrs, and they like naw! Lol.

We become perennial 8 game winners, and we like that’s OK. Lol.
In rare exceptions, head coaches get 4 years. No doubt Diaz gets canned if the program takes any step back this year. The first sign of good news is we did not give him an extension, which would have been so Miami.

The other issue is what to do with Jim Larranaga?. His contract goes through 2024-2025. He might be given another pass because we are down to barely 6 scholarship players. Regardless, after the 2021-2022 season, if Miami has another losing season or fails to make the tournament, he is going to get canned if he does not do a "Richt" thing and retire. Extending Larranaga after the 2017-2018 season after losing in the first round was idiotic. Where was a 66-year guy going? But then that was so Miami.

Quite frankly, if Diaz fails, then James needs to be fired with him.

Advertisement
Back