Saw this on 247 site and they remnoved it for some reason

Maybe this is just me, but how does the prez being "indifferent" about sports translate into helping the head football coach?....I'd think that it would be the other way around

presidents should stay out of it. most don't give a flying **** about sports and have other issues more pressing to worry about. they hire an AD for a reason

Advertisement
We ain’t winning 6, 7 or even 8 games this year.

Outside of the DL we will be deeper, more experienced and more talented at every position group in 2021.

If the season plays out like last year with another 9 win season and a bowl loss, that should get him fired as well.

Advertisement
Rinse repeat.. 8-9 wins is acceptable because majority of fans will be able to tailgate, donate and in drunk stupor be able to sing "its great to be a miami hurricane" while we get our **** pushed in, in the games that actually matter.. These guys know its close to failure when you have the "hey lets get to year 5 on buyout because it will be palatable" talk.. rinse repeat

LMFAO at the "majority of the fans" donating.

The only thing the fans donate is their entitled, ignorant opinion about how the University should be run.

99.99% of school Presidents are indifferent/passive-aggressive towards athletics on a personal basis. That same number has ZERO actual authority over the ADs.

The seat(s) of power (in regards to ADs) are al. within Booster/BoT rooms.

Correct and is it should be. A major university president getting involved in athletics is like the CEO of General Electric having significant input on light bulb design.

Advertisement
Maybe this is just me, but how does the prez being "indifferent" about sports translate into helping the head football coach?....I'd think that it would be the other way around
It helps mediocre coaches keep their jobs. No pressure to win. No one holding them accountable.

presidents should stay out of it. most don't give a flying **** about sports and have other issues more pressing to worry about. they hire an AD for a reason

Well, I need him to give af about the academics b/c that’s fallen under his watch as well. Frenk, by all accounts, has been a ho-hum hire from the outside looking in.

Advertisement
Also, TOS doubled down on Barry’s report stating 8 wins per season should keep Manny safe. 👀👀👀

I definitely would not defend James in any way but:

The Dimare hire wasn’t a lazy hire by James. It was automatic based on who his father is and what a big $ booster he is.

The Laranaga extension was warranted because the team was trending upward. Laranaga was recruiting and building this program up from the void that it was. The FBI investigation destroyed everything he built. It became a total rebuild again. This season would have been much better without all of the covid and injury issues.

Diaz was definitely a lazy hire. James should have interviewed multiple coaches. Probably should have gone after Mario but from what I have read James and others don’t like Mario very much to begin with.

It seems funny to me that anybody thinks this team is only winning 6-8 games when 19 of 22 starters are returning. The team went from 6-7 to 8-3 and just went through another major upgrade on defensive staff. At least Diaz learns and fixes things from year to year unlike the 2 HC’s before him.

Advertisement
If manny wins 6-7 games next year his *** is soooooo fired. There was people wanting his *** after 6-7 his first year. If he does that again him and Blake will be leaving town on the same greyhound.

Don’t tell that to the chronic schlubs that post here and have no clue about where our boosters stand.

We have a bunch of know-it-alls, that haven’t even set foot in the stadium, but can tell you what the BOT and the boosters are going to do depending on how many wins we get. I wish I had that kind of ESP.

But to get back to your point, there were a lot of people that wanted Manny fired after 2019, it wasn’t just a small clique either. They had to be pacified. That’s why all the talk about Highsmith, a “general manager“, etc etc and the leaks about dissatisfaction, etc. That was real.

Just shows the utter stupidity of this place that people don’t realize what thin ice Manny and Blake are on.

I just chuckle when I read that we will be perfectly satisfied with 8-win seasons ad infinitum, just shows how out of touch people are on here, nothing could be further from the truth.

Advertisement
Back