Saw Taisun Phommachanh today

grogz26

Junior
Banned
Hey all,

I just wanted to say that I saw the Clemson recruit play and it was not great. I went to the game cuz Avon Old Farms played my Alma mater BB&N. We shut them out 21-0 and harassed him all day. He has good skill but was super inconsistent. I know he has a while to develop with Lawrence ahead of him but I wanted to post cuz it’s rare we see a high recruit going to a southern school up here.

Advertisement
Hey all,

I just wanted to say that I saw the Clemson recruit play and it was not great. I went to the game cuz Avon Old Farms played my Alma mater BB&N. We shut them out 21-0 and harassed him all day. He has good skill but was super inconsistent. I know he has a while to develop with Lawrence ahead of him but I wanted to post cuz it’s rare we see a high recruit going to a southern school up here.

Thanks for the info (seriously). Good to see our coaches QB evaluations were spot on this year. Our coaches clearly wanted to prioritize signing a more polished QB prospect. They didn't. But I'm sure that's why they ignored Tai and every other QB prospect in the country after our one target committed to being the second QB in a class for another program.

Our QB room is the most dysfunctional in the country, we definitely lead the country in QB suspensions. Thankfully the Richt family has one of their own in the 2020 class.

I heard in the Connecticut private school league they pass out baked brie with mango chutney and mimosas during timeouts is that true?

Advertisement
Sorry but I’d take Tai all day long over any local recruit. It’s well known this year is weak at QB but we whiffed on him. Say what you want but the coaches failed not getting a QB. a Bryant transfer would be the only way to justify it.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying he will be a bust but I thought he would be better given Clemson can sort of have whoever they want in recruiting recently

Sorry but I’d take Tai all day long over any local recruit. It’s well known this year is weak at QB but we whiffed on him. Say what you want but the coaches failed not getting a QB. a Bryant transfer would be the only way to justify it.
We didn't even give ourselves a chance to whiff, we didn't recruit him

Advertisement
Doubt the kid will ever play there at least as a QB..he’s sitting the next two years for sure and by that time Clemson will have recruited some 5 star stud to step in...kid better learn to play wr or db

Advertisement
2009 4* Tajh Boyd
2011 3* Cole Stoudt
2011 3* Morgan Roberts
2011 3* Tony McNeal
2012 4* Chad Kelly
2014 5* Deshaun Watson
2015 4* Kelly Bryant
2015 3* Tucker Israel
2016 4* Zerrick Cooper
2017 5* Hunter Johnson
2017 4* Chase Brice
2018 5* Trevor Lawrence

One of Clemsons QB Evals WAS Jon Richt, so Idk about that
That was Tommy Bowden/Brad Scott's eval, not Dabo Swinney's. Dabo was the WR's coach & became the interim HC after 6 games in 08 when Bowden stepped down.

The only reason Jon was even signed with Clemson was a favor to Mark by Tommy. Jon was the 862nd ranked player in the nation & the 33rd ranked Pro style QB in Georgia.

Advertisement
That was Tommy Bowden/Brad Scott's eval, not Dabo Swinney's. Dabo was the WR's coach & became the interim HC after 6 games in 08 when Bowden stepped down.

The only reason Jon was even signed with Clemson was a favor to Mark by Tommy. Jon was the 862nd ranked player in the nation & the 33rd ranked Pro style QB in Georgia.
He’s the #1 ranked assistant coach in Mark Richt’s heart

At least Jon is consistent, he’s currently the 862nd ranked QB coach in the nation.

Something is off here, no? Of the 862 best players in the nation, 33 of them were pro-style QB’s from one state? Does that sound unlikely or am I trippin

Advertisement
Back