Saw Coach Golden this morning.

Jonnyblaze

Junior
Premium
I was driving to the gym and he was walking up Sunset Drive. I rolled down the window and said hi and he responded to me like we were old buddies. Asked how I was doing and I said great, especially after signing day. Wished me a good Sunday and I drove off. Very cool guy and didn't seemed put of at all that I briefly interrupted his stroll.

Advertisement
I was driving to the gym and he was walking up Sunset Drive. I rolled down the window and said hi and he responded to me like we were old buddies. Asked how I was doing and I said great, especially after signing day. Wished me a good Sunday and I drove off. Very cool guy and didn't seemed put of at all that I briefly interrupted his stroll.

My son works on Sunset and he sees him power walking and he chooses not to approach him.

Golden just seems like a all around great guy. I truely believe he wants to build a program the right way and build it to last. next year is still going to be a down year in my opinion because of how young we are but i feel like the following year golden and this team will start rolling and winning ar a high level.

The future looks bright now under golden, and it has been a long time since we have been able to say that. The rest of the country better watch out. I bet jumbo and muschump are real worried about what is being built at miami.

crossover22[]_[];229648 said:
Golden just seems like a all around great guy. I truely believe he wants to build a program the right way and build it to last. next year is still going to be a down year in my opinion because of how young we are but i feel like the following year golden and this team will start rolling and winning ar a high level.

The future looks bright now under golden, and it has been a long time since we have been able to say that. The rest of the country better watch out. I bet jumbo and muschump are real worried about what is being built at miami.

My worry os losing Golden. People are recognizing what he's doing here and he'll be a hot commodity to the highest bidder.

Advertisement
I'm not as worried as I was earlier in the year. If he wanted out he had an out with the NCAA sanctions and nobody would have been all that surprised that he left. Golden has stated numerous times that he wants to be the first coach to have long term success at Miami.

IMO if he leaves it will be for the NFL about 7-10 years down the line.

My worry os losing Golden. People are recognizing what he's doing here and he'll be a hot commodity to the highest bidder.

I dont think we lose him for a while. I really think he wants to rebuild miami and win championships here. I feel like we will get at least 5_6 years from golden.
He has said before he wants to be the first coach to stay for more than 5 years.

crossover22[]_[];230037 said:

I dont think we lose him for a while. I really think he wants to rebuild miami and win championships here. I feel like we will get at least 5_6 years from golden.
He has said before he wants to be the first coach to stay for more than 5 years.
Erickson was here for 6.

Advertisement
Yup I think we lose him to the nfl in around 5-7 years

I am personally aware of a conversation Al had with someone here in Miami. Al said that his goal is to be the guy who DOESN'T leave UM, that he wants to be the guy who establishes himself as the leader of a legendary program for decades. There is a reason he is staying at UM despite the sanctions, even when his alma mater and UCLA came calling. He understands the potential and appreciates the legacy. I think Al has the chance to be our Bobby Bowden - something we've never had. He is a student of history. And there's not a single former coach - not Butch, JJ, Howard, or Erikson - who would recommend he take the leap to the NFL from UM.

I am personally aware of a conversation Al had with someone here in Miami. Al said that his goal is to be the guy who DOESN'T leave UM, that he wants to be the guy who establishes himself as the leader of a legendary program for decades. There is a reason he is staying at UM despite the sanctions, even when his alma mater and UCLA came calling. He understands the potential and appreciates the legacy. I think Al has the chance to be our Bobby Bowden - something we've never had. He is a student of history. And there's not a single former coach - not Butch, JJ, Howard, or Erikson - who would recommend he take the leap to the NFL from UM.

Golden might want to be a paterno and stay somewhere his entire career. I would be all for that. Miami needs some stability in the worst way. Not all coaches want to go to the nfl. If he stays 6_7 ill be happy, anymore than that would just be icing on the cake.

not to knock your post or anything cause i love what goldens doing and i think a decade more of his leadership and then some will have us on a level we've only dreamed about but JJ had an excellent record in the NFL and pretty much built that cowboys dynasty of the 90's from scratch after landry left after his tail end of his career..

Advertisement
It took an outsider to see what we have here.

The morons running the show and many of the fans were blind.

crossover22[]_[];230037 said:

Erickson was here for 6.

If he were to leave in six years he more than likely will leave the team in better shape than what Shannon left behind.

not to knock your post or anything cause i love what goldens doing and i think a decade more of his leadership and then some will have us on a level we've only dreamed about but JJ had an excellent record in the NFL and pretty much built that cowboys dynasty of the 90's from scratch after landry left after his tail end of his career..

Just because he had success in the NFL doesn't mean that he would recommend someone leave Miami for the big leagues.

Advertisement

My son works on Sunset and he sees him power walking and he chooses not to approach him.

You're son sounds smart, I know I wouldn't want to get in front of Golden. He'll run you right over like a freight train.

Golden is the kind of coach that could be here for 10-20 years. UM is the best brand in college football. Once the team is able to represent the brand again the sky is the limit for Al Golden.

Golden + Fisch - D'Onfrio =
32.jpg

Advertisement
Back