Savion Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
For some but if you could pick one which would you choose unlimited bags but can’t coach worth crap or an elite teacher that routinely gets three stars drafted.
Unlimited bags

He wasn't until UF pulled out all the stops.

He told our coaches he was committing to Miami, his coach Manasco notified the media which is what lead to the CB's, but then he convinced JM & his family that they should hold off on making an announcement & in a span of literally a week UF made an offer that couldn't be refused.
We need to be able to do that with the new likeness next year seriously

I think it was cribby that said several days before Marshall committed to UF that "Florida was doing Florida things" so staffs knew he was trying to get a bidding war going. You might forget that the ncaa has a hard on for Miami and I guarantee you if he'd ended up at Miami, UF have gone crying to the ncaa to open an investigation because we were taking their lunch money in recruiting.

He probably got more than Stevenson's 250k if Bama was even balking at it. If it's too rich for Bama then I'm gonna say that's a no, dog. Not worth 300k plus. Just put that in the recruiting budget and find some underrated players instead.
No...that was me texting that my guy said UF is coming on strong....that UF is doing UF things...."But" still felt confident...

Advertisement
We need to be able to do that with the new likeness next year seriously
UF is in Florida also man. They can offer NIL too. Of course it’s cooler to do in a city like Miami but right now it’s all projections. They’re selling the same crap we are

He told our coaches he was committing to Miami, his coach Manasco notified the media which is what lead to the CB's, but then he convinced JM & his family that they should hold off on making an announcement & in a span of literally a week UF made an offer that couldn't be refused.
so Manasco is grimy ******. Convinced JM to wait a week so he could use it as leverage to get more money from UF

Purely speculation, but this just feels like a situation if we do manage to get him to sign he will be in the transfer portal after one year.

Advertisement
Just an FYI....Victory Vaka, the DT who committed to TAMU said he wants to take his two officials to TAMU and UF and i wonder how that impacts us and Collins. Seems like Collins is more solid now to UM than months past. I do believe we can't NOT only have Watson and Thomas as DT's in this class. 1 DT in 2019, 3 last cycle, and only 2 committed so far. Not good. Maybe Langston is growing into a DT, idk and even he isn't a Gator yet (again)

FWIW, the leadership at Palmetto leans towards UF. It’s big landing Smith and Taylor. They pretty much allow UF to set up shop.
As a parent of a student athlete I could care less for what school a coach is leaning towards. This is where the parents or guardians of these players need to step up. A high school shouldn’t have any influence on where a kid decides to go to college. If I found out that a coach was trying to steer my kid to one school we would have a serious problem. Do what’s best for the kid and not your personal beliefs or thoughts. I get ticked when I hear crap like that happening. Miamian01 I’m not going at you at all. I’m ****ed at these coaches and schools trying to influence their best interest on kids.

Advertisement
As a parent of a student athlete I could care less for what school a coach is leaning towards. This is where the parents or guardians of these players need to step up. A high school shouldn’t have any influence on where a kid decides to go to college. If I found out that a coach was trying to steer my kid to one school we would have a serious problem. Do what’s best for the kid and not your personal beliefs or thoughts. I get ticked when I hear crap like that happening. Miamian01 I’m not going at you at all. I’m ****ed at these coaches and schools trying to influence their best interest on kids.
It’s easier said than done. These kids end up spending more time with those coaches and at those schools (public school hours are way too long but I promise I won’t make this a thing) than they do with their actual guardians. School is 7 or 8 hour day.. with a 2 or 3 hours football practice..

And from our guys on the board that I trust this is what happened at Palmetto. We have 3 of their 5 top guys. We know we had Marshall until someone intervened

Coach needs to be exposed.

Advertisement
LOL at the whole "You can't blame Trumph for losing _____ (insert everyone) because he doesn't recruit." **** simps.

Well goddamit! Why exactly isn't a guy who coaches 8 guys recruiting too? Recruiting is 75% of a typical DB coach's job, and a normal DB coach usually coaches all of the DBs AND recruits too.

If you're trying to prop up a position coach and claim failures in recruiting aren't his responsibility because he's not recruiting, then goddamit you ARE, in fact, blaming him because he's so bad you're not even asking him to recruit. Coaching CBs isn't like splitting a fcking atom, you goofy motherfckers.

LOL at the whole "You can't blame Trumph for losing _____ (insert everyone) because he doesn't recruit." **** simps.

Well goddamit! Why exactly isn't a guy who coaches 8 guys recruiting too? Recruiting is 75% of a typical DB coach's job, and a normal DB coach usually coaches all of the DBs AND recruits too.

If you're trying to prop up a position coach and claim failures in recruiting aren't his responsibility because he's not recruiting, then goddamit you ARE, in fact, blaming him because he's so bad you're not even asking him to recruit. Coaching CBs isn't like splitting a fcking atom, you goofy motherfckers.
I am still waiting to see the technical skills ppl claim he is so good at translate to our DBs.

This is why even though I’ve done a 180 on Rumph I caution anyone in thinking that any other coach can do better with local db’s if schools are going to spend 6 figures anywhere in the country to land them. We’ve seen this before with kool thinking that his “credibility” would pull beasts and all we got left with Was lack of depth at dtackle.
Tool didn't get it done at Baga either. Sabag fired his sorry *** after a year.

I am still waiting to see the technical skills ppl claim he is so good at translate to our DBs.
He's supposedly a scientist according to our simple fans. I saw footage of him coaching while juggling beakers and wearing a white surgical smock with a stethoscope around his neck.

He's such a magical scientist of technique that none of the guys he's coached have exceeded their potential. He's taken a bunch of 3 and 4 star guys and gotten 3 and 4 star results with them and gotten them drafted/undrafted at just about the expected rate you see 3 and 4 stars get drafted/undrafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back