Savion Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord...the size of the bag that I would need to leave south Florida and live in a **** hole like Gainesville, TusKKKaloosa, or Athens would be astronomical. How are these payments processed by the way? Is it straight cash? Is it Wal-Mart and Cracker Barrel gift cards? I'd imagine the IRS would come knocking if an extra $250,000 just magically appeared in my bank account.

Advertisement
Random, but did UGA pay for Tyson Campbell?
Campbell’s price even made sec schools think twice about coming here. I doubt Marshall was more. But if it was, then beware of anyone in our class or any of our targets this and next year. The last few years only 2 schools have taken blue chip kids that were locks and silent commits. That’s bama and uga. Cj was a different story.

UF is spending 85 million on aFootball only facility and the school and boosters want to see results on the field. Anytime an sec school goes on a spending spree it always follows up with paying kids.
It happened with bama, Then uga, the vols this year and now uf is jumping on. Same with osu and Myer and Clemson with Dabo.
Last year we had our shot with UF and Manny blew it. So the need for a lot of dominant wins is even greater this year.
So while logic may dictate that a new system and a lot of new players and lack of practice may cost us some wins; those excuses will mean absolutely nothing to these kids if the gators win a lot of games and are dropping bags in sofla.

We say that recruiting is all about relationships but it’s also about perception.
Kids now a days are weak minded and will take the bag to a frontrunner instead of trying to build a new U dynasty.
We will never outspend those schools. We need to do it on the field and have kids come that want to win more than they want the bag. So this season we can’t lose to anyone except Clemson and dropping to 2 more games to basketball schools is going to hurt us a lot more due to last year’s abomination.

We also have stop waiting for the gates to lay an FSU sized egg. The school is spending too much money and is breaking off the top kids to insure that it doesn’t happen.

Good lord...the size of the bag that I would need to leave south Florida and live in a **** hole like Gainesville, TusKKKaloosa, or Athens would be astronomical. How are these payments processed by the way? Is it straight cash? Is it Wal-Mart and Cracker Barrel gift cards? I'd imagine the IRS would come knocking if an extra $250,000 just magically appeared in my bank account.
Brooks Instagram has a Brand New Dodge Challenger on it May 31st , that’s one way

He's supposedly a scientist according to our simple fans. I saw footage of him coaching while juggling beakers and wearing a white surgical smock with a stethoscope around his neck.

He's such a magical scientist of technique that none of the guys he's coached have exceeded their potential. He's taken a bunch of 3 and 4 star guys and gotten 3 and 4 star results with them and gotten them drafted/undrafted at just about the expected rate you see 3 and 4 stars get drafted/undrafted.
I wouldn't say he is a wizard/scientist, but I'd say he is just below par for the course for CB coaches. Seems that he is slightly worse in terms of recruiting/coaching as CB coaches on other "elite" teams. I can see the argument for upgrading, but also see the argument for not replacing him simply for the sake of replacing him because you can live with one coach that I would grade out as a C-. The latter is what appears to have been Diaz's thought process when the candidate Diaz planned on hiring to replace Rumph backed out.

Rumph arrived in 2016, so it's tough to measure the impact on recruits that were already there. Maybe the upperclassmen would have been drafted the same place with or without Rumph. But since it an extremely difficult metric to measure, for the sake of argument let's just look at everyone he has coached at CB since arriving 2016. Can compare that with CB's from Clemson and USC. I included Redwine as a CB as I believe he was playing CB for the first part of his career, then moved to safety.

Team Round Stars (from 247)

Miami
Burns 1 4
Corn 5 4
Mike Jack 5 4
Redwine 4 3

USC
Seymor 6 4
Jackson 1 5
Marshall 5 5

Clemson
Alexander 2 5
Tankersley 3 3
Mullen 2 4
Terrell 1 4

I'm not running a statistical regression so this is just my eyeball observation- it looks he was about as good as USC's CB coach, but underperformed Clemsons. Overall a C-. I think that is a passing grade, but just barely.

LOL at the whole "You can't blame Trumph for losing _____ (insert everyone) because he doesn't recruit." **** simps.

Well goddamit! Why exactly isn't a guy who coaches 8 guys recruiting too? Recruiting is 75% of a typical DB coach's job, and a normal DB coach usually coaches all of the DBs AND recruits too.

If you're trying to prop up a position coach and claim failures in recruiting aren't his responsibility because he's not recruiting, then goddamit you ARE, in fact, blaming him because he's so bad you're not even asking him to recruit. Coaching CBs isn't like splitting a fcking atom, you goofy motherfckers.

I don’t even bother with this argument anymore. If you’re arguing Rumph isn’t a bad recruiter we just can’t have the discussion anymore. You obviously aren’t looking at this realistically or without agenda.

Advertisement
Hopefully Marshall gets his bags up front, they never paid walker when he got up there. They were also supposed to move his mom there. But didn’t.

But their trash fans said he was supposedly ***, crazy or soft.
Hopefully he doesn't get any bags either!

Y'all still runnin your D*cksuckers about @Liberty City El ....who does his very best to keep us informed...and instead of giving him some accolades for his time and help throughout the yr....you reach up your *** and pull out the "So Liberty was Mistaken" BS.....Lol...Ya'll MFers gotta alot of nerve...and lets not kid ourselves...a bunch of others did the same BS with @Cribby .....2 people who have done the best they can possibly do to keep us informed....and God for F-ing bid they miss on one or two things...and BOOM...thats all they harp on...Smfh...
Jealousy is a helluva drug!

I wouldn't say he is a wizard/scientist, but I'd say he is just below par for the course for CB coaches. Seems that he is slightly worse in terms of recruiting/coaching as CB coaches on other "elite" teams. I can see the argument for upgrading, but also see the argument for not replacing him simply for the sake of replacing him because you can live with one coach that I would grade out as a C-. The latter is what appears to have been Diaz's thought process when the candidate Diaz planned on hiring to replace Rumph backed out.

Rumph arrived in 2016, so it's tough to measure the impact on recruits that were already there. Maybe the upperclassmen would have been drafted the same place with or without Rumph. But since it an extremely difficult metric to measure, for the sake of argument let's just look at everyone he has coached at CB since arriving 2016. Can compare that with CB's from Clemson and USC. I included Redwine as a CB as I believe he was playing CB for the first part of his career, then moved to safety.

Team Round Stars (from 247)

Miami
Burns 1 4
Corn 5 4
Mike Jack 5 4
Redwine 4 3

USC
Seymor 6 4
Jackson 1 5
Marshall 5 5

Clemson
Alexander 2 5
Tankersley 3 3
Mullen 2 4
Terrell 1 4

I'm not running a statistical regression so this is just my eyeball observation- it looks he was about as good as USC's CB coach, but underperformed Clemsons. Overall a C-. I think that is a passing grade, but just barely.
You're a good dude, TB, and I love your enthusiasm for my alma mater. You're a glass half-full homer like me.

But even I can't put a positive spin on what Trumph brings. I can find a HS coach to coach CBs (which is what Rick did when he hired Trumph by the way). It's not a position that requires any sort of genius teacher. Any good HS coach can go to camps and learn every technique Trumph knows.

You don't hire HS coaches without the tacit understanding that they're being hired to bring recruits with them. You certainly don't hire them to be technical geniuses unless they're HS innovators like Briles and Malzahn, which Trumph wasn't. Trumph won in HS by doing exactly what he ISN'T doing here--recruiting.

As a parent of a student athlete I could care less for what school a coach is leaning towards. This is where the parents or guardians of these players need to step up. A high school shouldn’t have any influence on where a kid decides to go to college. If I found out that a coach was trying to steer my kid to one school we would have a serious problem. Do what’s best for the kid and not your personal beliefs or thoughts. I get ticked when I hear crap like that happening. Miamian01 I’m not going at you at all. I’m ****ed at these coaches and schools trying to influence their best interest on kids.
It’s not just coaches. That’s why I said leadership. There’s parents who are gator fans that wanted there kids and other at UF. Now, some of those kids are P5 kids. But the influence is there. It’s why the job that Stroud did to land Taylor has to be commended.

Advertisement
I posted in this very thread just last week that Collins said himself that it was 60/40 that he would sign with Miami & that he was not ruling UF & LSU out, and that he would absolutely take visits to them when he gets the chance (although visits probably won't be allowed this year).

My personal take, I'd call him & ask him to shut it down, if he refused, drop him & move on.

I'd try to flip Darrell Jackson & keep on working on Tyreak Sapp, wouldn't waste time trying to keep Collins in this class if he's gonna be flaky & wanna flirt with the Gaytes all year, we don't have time for the games.

Taylor is still 100% solid locked in & Haye is 100% locked in as well, as long as we got them 2 we can have flexibility with who we want for the 3rd DT spot, Collins is not a must get. The plan of keeping all the Palmetto house cats together just ain't gonna happen & rather than having people plotting to make a fool of us behind our back, just drop who can't be taken for their word on their verbal.

I agree with this. Plus, I just don't think Collins is all that good and worth the headache/resources TBH.

Lazy in HS is rarely going to change.

I don’t even bother with this argument anymore. If you’re arguing Rumph isn’t a bad recruiter we just can’t have the discussion anymore. You obviously aren’t looking at this realistically or without agenda.
No one is saying this either. Most are saying you can't fire him because he didn't get top guys that took bags.

I'm most concerned with depth at the position. Why aren't there viable back up plans until too late? It's been said, Rumph has no control over the CB board and can't "green light" someone.

Last edited:
No...that was me texting that my guy said UF is coming on strong....that UF is doing UF things...."But" still felt confident...

Roger that. I could read between the lines there. Was obvious to me immediately after the decommit what had happened (coach leaked it, was all a setup to put Bama and UF feet to the fire and get $$$). The coach had already tried to ***** Miami twice before so you don't have to be Columbo to figure out who told Ivins. It was just my deductive reasoning though and I don't have insider knowledge, but I wasn't going to argue with Cribby and some others saying at the time that JM called off his commitment because he was upset about his "big moment" being spoiled by Ivins.

Maybe I'm just too old and cynical to believe in innocent explanations when it comes to recruiting 5 star talent. Schools pay a premium for 5 star CBs, so I wasnt confident that he would stick even if he had committed, especially if Bama missed on their other 5 star CB targets.

The good news is Miami can offer better NIL opportunities, so I think that explains landing 5 stars like Taylor and JW. They smartly took the long term view. Unfortunately the Palmetto coach got in Marshall's ear and got him wrapped up in dirty business. Hopefully UF's check bounces and JM bolts. Nothing comes free so I am curious what Mancuso got out of it - my guess is his "guidance" is worth about 25k. Maybe 10k since he is pals with UF staffers and he gave them a friends and family discount.

Advertisement
As a parent of a student athlete I could care less for what school a coach is leaning towards. This is where the parents or guardians of these players need to step up. A high school shouldn’t have any influence on where a kid decides to go to college. If I found out that a coach was trying to steer my kid to one school we would have a serious problem. Do what’s best for the kid and not your personal beliefs or thoughts. I get ticked when I hear crap like that happening. Miamian01 I’m not going at you at all. I’m ****ed at these coaches and schools trying to influence their best interest on kids.
But what if the HS coach helped your kid (and you) get a six figure deal?

But what if the HS coach helped your kid (and you) get a six figure deal?

Corey Raymond's salary is about 460k (10th highest for CB coaches)
Its a pretty good bet Rumph makes less, maybe 300-350k. Marshall probably received more than Rumph's entire salary.

Advertisement
Just an FYI....Victory Vaka, the DT who committed to TAMU said he wants to take his two officials to TAMU and UF and i wonder how that impacts us and Collins. Seems like Collins is more solid now to UM than months past. I do believe we can't NOT only have Watson and Thomas as DT's in this class. 1 DT in 2019, 3 last cycle, and only 2 committed so far. Not good. Maybe Langston is growing into a DT, idk and even he isn't a Gator yet (again)

You always come here with friendly conversation, just wanted to say congrats on Marshall and Collier

This is why even though I’ve done a 180 on Rumph I caution anyone in thinking that any other coach can do better with local db’s if schools are going to spend 6 figures anywhere in the country to land them. We’ve seen this before with kool thinking that his “credibility” would pull beasts and all we got left with Was lack of depth at dtackle.
Exactly...booster #s and willingness to brazenly cross those lines separate UM from the renegades.

Bank accounts? lol....cars, 6 figure jobs, 6 figure houses, travel and cash money is how it’s done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back