Savannah State

Game never should have been scheduled. We picked the worst team in FCS, bar none. Why not give some cash to Bethune or FAMU? At least then I'd enjoy the band.

This might be a shocker, but could it be that neither was available?

Glad I could help :fistbump:

Advertisement
We already have a bye week before the game. No reason to rest the starters imo unless we are resting previous injuries

The worst team in all of D1 football FBS and FCS... Miami should've never had them on the schedule this will be absolutely bad... like 50-0 at the half.. FSU was on pace for 100 against them last year game was called at half because of the weather and it was like 62-0... Ok st beat them 84-0... Last year and this years Savannah st team will be among the worst teams all time in CFB history... UM should have found another FCS replacement or schedule a famu or jacksonville st type of team..

The worst team in all of D1 football FBS and FCS... Miami should've never had them on the schedule this will be absolutely bad... like 50-0 at the half.. FSU was on pace for 100 against them last year game was called at half because of the weather and it was like 62-0... Ok st beat them 84-0... Last year and this years Savannah st team will be among the worst teams all time in CFB history... UM should have found another FCS replacement or schedule a famu or jacksonville st type of team..

37 -10?

bethune cookman is a solid/legit team to play. They have a solid coaching staff and has some athletes guess they werent available. This yr their expected to go deep in the div 1aa playoffs, i took my younger bro up to daytona two weeks back and got to catch a glimpse of their practice...they look solid..and they will roll Sav State by like 40-50 also.

Sav State is taking games for money....That program has been bad for a lonnng time.

Advertisement
Such a god**** waste. Our backups get more experience in practice than the benefit from this game.

I see the benefit as having our young guys develop a habit of absolutely CRUSHING teams. Its a confidence builder. Let them experience the feeling of domination and they will want it more.
Maybe. As long as they don't get the idea that it will be like this ever again in their college careers.

This is a useless game, IMO. Savannah St is "off the charts" bad, even in the context of 1-FCS. That's the problem.

I guess im in the minority for this. This is a perfect game for someone like Coley to forget about the drops, find the endzone a few times, and build back up his confidence. Ditto for Gus Edwards who was robbed of a TD. Would like to see Sandland get his feet wet too.

I don't mind playing a cupcake but we just played FAU, and we play in the ACC. I just don't see the point in playing a team that legitimately has no business on the same field as us.

FAU level is fine, but this is just stupid.

plenty of other teams we could've played East carolina, Tulane, a service academy, any team a long that line.. is better than playing a team that's just playing for the pay out.

I like the scheduling of it. It allows a lot of the younger players more reps before the acc schedule starts (as some will play against UF but not all). Also I think this game will at least ensure duke remains the nations leading rusher through the first three games played

It only matters if we don't beat the Gatas.

Lose, and we are a joke playing FAU, Savanah and USF, then playing some awful ACC teams. We will have to be 6-1 before we are taken seriously again.

Advertisement
Ga Southern played Georgia last year and lost 45 - 17. This is no worse than Alabama playing Georgia State.

I wish we scheduled them a little later in the yr. a little break in our acc part of schedule.

Get our starters out of there in the first half and leave them out.

Get our starters out after running through the smoke.

I don't even want them RUNNING out of the smoke?

I want them riding through it in golf carts. Or bumper cars.

LOL we should play the game in protective bubble balls. Imagine everyone rolling out in a bubble ball thing. The whole time running through the smoke like this:

20.jpg

Advertisement
Ga Southern played Georgia last year and lost 45 - 17. This is no worse than Alabama playing Georgia State.

What the flying **** does that mean?

It means other schools play a lot worse and just because GA Southern pounded them doesn't mean a whole lot. They a very good D2 school who is moving to D1 in a few years. We aren't doing anything different than other schools do.

Advertisement
Maybe. As long as they don't get the idea that it will be like this ever again in their college careers.

This is a useless game, IMO. Savannah St is "off the charts" bad, even in the context of 1-FCS. That's the problem.

I guess im in the minority for this. This is a perfect game for someone like Coley to forget about the drops, find the endzone a few times, and build back up his confidence. Ditto for Gus Edwards who was robbed of a TD. Would like to see Sandland get his feet wet too.

I don't mind playing a cupcake but we just played FAU, and we play in the ACC. I just don't see the point in playing a team that legitimately has no business on the same field as us.

FAU level is fine, but this is just stupid.

pretty sure they were a last minute filler

I'm done *****ing about it, I swear.

Just nervous man, terribly nervous. After seeing Duke get his bell rung and a terrible loss in Scott, I am in ***** mode right now.

Savannah St = random cupcake team

If it's not them, it's someone else. What difference does it make HOW MUCH of a cupcake they are?

If Duke gets injured against UNLV or some crappy team like that, it's not going to make anyone feel better.

Surprised by the outrage in this thread.

If we're going to schedule a cupcake, who cares how bad they are?

I'd rather play a good non-conference opponent, but we're trying to build momentum. Once we get back to an '02 Canes level, then we can start scheduling @Uif AND @Tennessee in the same season. Until then, I'm okay with stacking the deck for a year or two.

You guys don't agree? I couldn't care less.

We played one **** team already. In the ACC thats enough.

But whatever. The schedule is what they wanted.

What the flying **** does that mean?

It means other schools play a lot worse and just because GA Southern pounded them doesn't mean a whole lot. They a very good D2 school who is moving to D1 in a few years. We aren't doing anything different than other schools do.

Play a lot worse than Savannah St.?

Are you retarded?

I would compare our skill difference with Savannah State to Alabama's and Georgia State. (Both teams won 1 game last year and pretty much got destroyed by everyone) Your reading too much into what I said and trying to troll to hard. Yes Savannah State is terrible but so is Georgia State and Alabama is playing them and schedules them almost yearly. What we get out of Savannah St is probably the same Alabama gets out of Georgia State.

Advertisement
Back