Savannah State

You guys don't agree? I couldn't care less.

We played one **** team already. In the ACC thats enough.

But whatever. The schedule is what they wanted.

Yeah but I don't think this is a "title-ready" team. I think this season is about getting things on schedule.

I love good non-conference games, but we are where we are as a program. Last year proved we weren't ready for that ****.

Advertisement
We will have 2 weeks to get ready for our ACC schedule. Heck they might be better than USF (kidding)

Ga Southern played Georgia last year and lost 45 - 17. This is no worse than Alabama playing Georgia State.

What the flying **** does that mean?

It means other schools play a lot worse and just because GA Southern pounded them doesn't mean a whole lot. They a very good D2 school who is moving to D1 in a few years. We aren't doing anything different than other schools do.

Name one other school that plays "a lot worse"

Talking about Georgia Southern man......stick to admin work. Oh wait I forgot you go full tard about Georgia schools like Norcross. My bad.

Yeah but I don't think this is a "title-ready" team. I think this season is about getting things on schedule.

I love good non-conference games, but we are where we are as a program. Last year proved we weren't ready for that ****.

Its the Savannah St thing that irks me. I'm trying to talk myself down but they don't belong on the field with us. To me, yes it does matter how bad they are. FAU is terrible but at least they put up a fight. Nothing good comes from a game where the other team isn't capable of putting up a fight. When a team isn't focused and playing with an edge, they get hurt and **** up.

Just me though.

Its the Savannah St thing that irks me. I'm trying to talk myself down but they don't belong on the field with us. To me, yes it does matter how bad they are. FAU is terrible but at least they put up a fight. Nothing good comes from a game where the other team isn't capable of putting up a fight. When a team isn't focused and playing with an edge, they get hurt and **** up.

Just me though.

I hear ya, but I think it's a big deal for guys like Gus Edwards, Corn Elder, etc... to get out there against a live opponent (even if they're dog****) and get reps.

I just don't think our guys are going to play with significantly more edge against Alcorn State or someone like that.

I'm not concerned. Only thing that sucks is that it might not be broadcast on anything!

We might have to watch via strung-together iPhone recordings from the crowd.

Advertisement
We are going to have some difficult games this season so it will be good to get some younger guys some reps for longer than a half a quarter.

If we were to go undefeated we'd get into the title game imo

Plus as others have said we arent back up yet. a D2 team is equal schedule wise. So if your going to play one dont see the point in playing a good one

I'm pretty sure Lex is correct. FCS teams don't count in the strength of schedule at all so why play a good one? Why pay one 500,000 when we are always worried about funds and can pay one 250,000? Like... let's go play the FCS back to back champions North Dakota state, pay them a boat load and have them F up the season when you don't play them on point..

Ok I can take the argument of not playing an FCS team at all but choosing one over another is irrelevant.

FBS teams don't want to come to your house and play you. So we would either have to pay a LOT or schedule a Home and Home which we prob don't want to do with a scrub FBS team. That is even if there was one with home and home or a free road game available which there may not.

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure Lex is correct. FCS teams don't count in the strength of schedule at all so why play a good one? Why pay one 500,000 when we are always worried about funds and can pay one 250,000? Like... let's go play the FCS back to back champions North Dakota state, pay them a boat load and have them F up the season when you don't play them on point..

Ok I can take the argument of not playing an FCS team at all but choosing one over another is irrelevant.

FBS teams don't want to come to your house and play you. So we would either have to pay a LOT or schedule a Home and Home which we prob don't want to do with a scrub FBS team. That is even if there was one with home and home or a free road game available which there may not.

There's no strength of schedule component in the rankings anymore. Not for a long time, actually.

Ga Southern played Georgia last year and lost 45 - 17. This is no worse than Alabama playing Georgia State.

What the flying **** does that mean?

It means other schools play a lot worse and just because GA Southern pounded them doesn't mean a whole lot. They a very good D2 school who is moving to D1 in a few years. We aren't doing anything different than other schools do.

GA Southern is 1AA not Div 2 and yes it's a difference talent wise and schollie wise... Savannah st like i said shouldn't be on the schedule.

Advertisement
We will have 2 weeks to get ready for our ACC schedule. Heck they might be better than USF (kidding)

USF is not much better than Savannah State. Let that sink in for a minute.
I don't agree with that. I don't know if people fully appreciate how bad that program at Savannah St is. They don't belong in 1-FCS.

Exactly Mount Union and most top DIV 2 and 3 schools would beat Savannah st..

Advertisement
Back